News Ticker

Archive Issues/Bugs

scooterbug8515

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when Other Fandom is selected, the only character selections are 'Magical Creature', 'Original Character', 'Original Female Character', and 'Original Male Character'. I don't know how to phrase it and it will soon become irrelevant to me, but could there be an option just for 'female character' and 'male character' for people who may not know how to or just not make tag requests?

Edited by TidalDragon

• 1 month later...

Hi there! 😊

I’ve noticed a couple of times now that some reviews I’ve received have been either double or triple posted — which is nbd, but just thought I’d let you know in case it’s a bug or something 🖤

• 4 months later...

My story The Fifth House is busy collecting lots of hits over the past week.  (We're up to about 10,000 in the last six days).  It must be a bot's dream.  Anyway, do you need me to take it down or anything?  I don't want to cause a site crash because my story attracts bot hits like androids to electric sheep.

-Drew

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 12:00 AM, Ameripuff said:

My story The Fifth House is busy collecting lots of hits over the past week.  (We're up to about 10,000 in the last six days).  It must be a bot's dream.  Anyway, do you need me to take it down or anything?  I don't want to cause a site crash because my story attracts bot hits like androids to electric sheep.

-Drew

terribly late response, sorry, but unless one of the admins corrects me on this it shouldn't be an issue. We've dealt with a load of bots before (which can be terribly annoying when they start posting spamreviews) but other than that it should be fine. just let us know if you start getting (or seeing) spamreviews and we'll handle it from there!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

• 2 weeks later...

The archive doesn't seem to be emailing me to let me know about reviews. I have checked that it's checked off on preferences and double-checked my spam folders.

On 11/8/2021 at 4:23 AM, Guest pookha said:

The archive doesn't seem to be emailing me to let me know about reviews. I have checked that it's checked off on preferences and double-checked my spam folders.

Same happens for me. I go through a period of receiving emails and then nothing. I'm now on the 'nothing' phase. I've checked my spam folders and nothing.

Hi there, so I edited my first chapter of With Sirius Black and Edited the other chapter titles of that story as well. It now says there are no chapters, are none of the chapters available to read as they were while they are being revalidated? I just thought the previous versions would still be up for people to read.

29 minutes ago, Owlpost68 said:

Hi there, so I edited my first chapter of With Sirius Black and Edited the other chapter titles of that story as well. It now says there are no chapters, are none of the chapters available to read as they were while they are being revalidated? I just thought the previous versions would still be up for people to read.

yes, chapters do revert to being unvalidated when they are submitted with edits.

• Thumbs up 1

• 2 weeks later...

for some reason the site didn't take me to the normal post-submitting-review page (just a blank black screen) and when i went back to the previous page and checked on the story shell, it's submitted the review three times??? help? 

I would love to write a review for the new story of @Shadowkat678 entitled Sunken Bonds, but right now when I open her AP and click on the title of the story, there is no "Chapter 1" to click on, to open the text of the story.

It was working okay a little earlier today, when I was able to read the story, but now I can't get access to the text again in order to write the review.  I checked out the other story titles on Kat's AP and they all work normally; it's just the new story that's wonky.

If you can get that story to open up normally again, I would be very grateful.

29 minutes ago, Oregonian said:

I would love to write a review for the new story of @Shadowkat678 entitled Sunken Bonds, but right now when I open her AP and click on the title of the story, there is no "Chapter 1" to click on, to open the text of the story.

It was working okay a little earlier today, when I was able to read the story, but now I can't get access to the text again in order to write the review.  I checked out the other story titles on Kat's AP and they all work normally; it's just the new story that's wonky.

If you can get that story to open up normally again, I would be very grateful.

Kat edited this chapter after it was initially posted and so it went back into the queue and was inaccessible. I've validated it now so you can leave your review ^_^

On 11/23/2021 at 6:56 AM, Aphoride said:

for some reason the site didn't take me to the normal post-submitting-review page (just a blank black screen) and when i went back to the previous page and checked on the story shell, it's submitted the review three times??? help? 

:blink: I'm not sure what happened here (maybe @Ineke or @abhorsen plague doctor. might be able to figure out more) but I deleted the extra two copies of the review.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to post images into the text on the archives?  The text editor gives me the option to insert an image via a link, but when I posted the image online (imgbb) and tied in the link, it doesn't show up.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

-Drew

Edited by RonsGirlFriday
Member advised in status update that this has been resolved. -- Melanie

• 4 months later...

for some reason every time i leave jill/dreamshadow a review, it leaves it multiple times and i don't know why??? latest: sparks fly ch 1

2 hours ago, Aphoride said:

for some reason every time i leave jill/dreamshadow a review, it leaves it multiple times and i don't know why??? latest: sparks fly ch 1

sooo fun fact

when i review jill's stories i get a blank archive screen and if i refresh that screen the review doubles up, if i don't, the one review is there when i go back to the story. it's started happening a while back and it's only been happening with jill's stories 😂  i think the archive just wants her stories to have more love :elmofire:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs up 1

21 hours ago, Aphoride said:

...i have no idea why this happens, but i've deleted the duplicate review for you!

• Thumbs up 1

• 5 months later...

hi friends ^_^ not sure if this is a me thing or an archive thing, but i recently went through and cleared some stories from my author's page and now the number of stories listed doesn't match the actual number of stories (and it includes any hidden stories). it's not a huge deal, but just thought i'd mention it/thought i'd see if there was a fix to it ❤️