News Ticker

VaguelyCreativeName's reviews

VaguelyCreativeName

Posted (edited)

Hello my lovelies :hug:

I've slowly been getting back into writing, but I'm lacking woefullly behind in building my confidence back up reviewing things, so please hit me up with your wonderful stories! I tend to review as I read, so you'll be getting a sort of play-by-play of me gushing about whatever stood out to me the most, and just overall love and positivity! I'm also happy to give feedback on any particular aspects, just let me know!

The Basics

• 3 slots available
  • It may take me up to 2 weeks to review your story, feel free to DM me if it's been longer than that
  • I can review on FFT or ao3
  • I'm happy to review OF and pretty much any fandom, but I watch like 2 films and half a show every year, so I'll probably go in fandom blind. I'm still happy to leave a review, but if you're concerned if something is in character, I'm probably not the right person to ask
  • only 1 slot per person at a time

What I love

• character driven stuff!
  • lyrical or descriptive writing! (I love when people get creative with the minutiae of language, if that makes sense 😅)
  • I hold a particular fondness for OF

What I won't read

• RPF
  • smut (it's fine if there's a sex scene in a longer chapter, but please don't send me anything where smut is the only/main focus)
  • teacher/student or any form of adult/minor relationships

Please use this form when claiming a slot:

title (& chapter number):
link:

fandom:
length:

summary:

anything you want me to focus on:
slots remaining: /3

if it's a new chapter to a story that you know I've read before, feel free to skip the summary!

Can't wait to read all your lovely stories!
x Julia

Edited by VaguelyCreativeName
added 'fandom' in claiming form
  • Love 3

Posted (edited)

Julia! 🙌 Hope you find a good rhythm as you tip-toe back into a writing season. Maybe we can help one another brave the unknown with this. I've stepped back from writing my OF, working on other stories instead, but I want to get back to it. Since you mentioned a fondness for OF maybe some encouragement will help me find my footing with it again🙃.

title (& chapter number): Everything Might Have Been
link: HERE+
fandom: OF
length: 15 Chapters so far, but specifically Chapter 01 is 4K words

summary: 

Lenora was born a princess, but forced to grow up in the outer provinces of her own kingdom after her castle was overrun and family destroyed. She has a powerful connection to runa, the energy that flows through every living thing. It’s such a strong connection that she often gets tangled with the energy of people who get in its path, witnessing events and people in her dreams she's never met while awake. A group of misfits drag her into an adventure she didn't mean to go on and finds herself running back into her past at every corner.

anything you want me to focus on: Nothing in particular. Like I mentioned above, it's been a minute since I've sat in this world and just hoping for a little inspiration to spark again. 

slots remaining: 2/3

Edited by RogueSlytherin

Hi, Julia! I started an OF a few months ago, and I'm, uh, a little stuck. I'd love to know what you think of it!

title (& chapter number): AP Tests and Apple Blossoms
link: Here~!
length: Only two chapters posted right now (8.7k), and Chapter 1 is 2,955 words

summary:

Beatrice Ellsworth would just like a normal, completely average year. Just one. Nothing exciting, nothing weird.

And then her friend disappears, and she receives a weird present.

anything you want me to focus on: Not really, but I have a problem with both under- and over-description, so if you notice that it's a problem, feel free to let me know! I mostly just want to know what you think of it!

Hi Julia! :D 

Now that I've fulfilled my part of our latest swap, I thought I'd profit of your new shiny review thread... hope you don't mind... :P 

title (& chapter number):  The Snake Withing, chapter 15

link: here

fandom: HP

length: so far 30 chapters and 91399 words, chapter 15 is 4657 words

summary: 

A new school year at Hogwarts is starting for the Golden Quartet, and it doesn't look good.

As the Marauders try to pick up the pieces of a damaged friendship and Harry struggles to get used to a new family and a new identity, Neville has to deal with his resentment for a role in the wizarding world that wasn't supposed to be his and discovers that maybe there's a reason if he belongs in Slytherin.

Meanwhile something obscure is crawling, menacing the safety of the students inside the castle...

Second installment in the Jimmy Portman's AU

anything you want me to focus on: not really, just your thoughts :wub:

I've been lurking and trying to wait patiently but I see you've got spots open again and your first review was so lovely and motivating that I hoped I could trouble you for another. 🙃

title (& chapter number): Everything Might Have Been || Chapter 02
length: Chapter 02 is 4729 words

You raised some good questions in the first chapter and I'm hoping this next one answers a couple of them, it's really helpful if they don't. There's secrets that are fun to keep and then there's information that's confusing - if there's more of the latter def let me know. 

• Love 1

In that case I will keep at it 🙃. Your reviews are so helpful to see what's confusing or missing as I try to build out this whole OF world. I love your theories! They give me so much freaking joy. Also, apologies because I changed this story from past to present tense and did not do a good job of checking that the further into the story I went so there may be some weird moments of was instead of is and that's totally on me.

title (& chapter number): Everything Might Have Been || Chapter 03
length: Chapter 03 is 4191 words

Def keep letting me know what is confusing vs what is fun for theorizing. 

2/3

Guess I'm going to profit some more of your generosity, too... :P 

title (& chapter number):  The Snake Withing, chapter 17

link: here

fandom: HP

length: chapter 17 is 3874 words

anything you want me to focus on: just your thoughts :rose: