News Ticker

Ask a Staffer

WriteYourHeartOut

Hi beautiful staffers. ❤️

I'm just curious if there's any way to merge multiple stories together into one. Specifically, I have multiple poems posted on the archives and my brain wants them all to be listed as chapters in a single story shell rather than as separate stories so that my AP is less cluttered. I know that I could just delete all but one and then re-add them as chapters, but then I would lose all the reviews that others so kindly left.

If this isn't an option, I will survive. :P Just thought I'd ask.

• Like 1

hey staffers! i /think/ this is the appropriate forum for this question, sorry if it's not! 

i recently edited a chapter on the archives and have since gotten the validation email, but for some reason the chapter's not showing up? this hasn't happened to me before which is why i'm asking about it, but if it's normal for there to be some kind of lag i understand! 

thanks ❤️ 

jane 

On 5/25/2020 at 10:52 PM, Unwritten Curse said:

Hi beautiful staffers. ❤️

I'm just curious if there's any way to merge multiple stories together into one. Specifically, I have multiple poems posted on the archives and my brain wants them all to be listed as chapters in a single story shell rather than as separate stories so that my AP is less cluttered. I know that I could just delete all but one and then re-add them as chapters, but then I would lose all the reviews that others so kindly left.

If this isn't an option, I will survive. :P Just thought I'd ask.

i think @toomanycurls did that for @abhorsen. and her drastoria series (it's in my faves so i'd know haha :P i'm tagging them in case they haven't seen this)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can I get an anonymous review linked to my account? I accidentally made a review on anon the other day (somehow having to type my name didn't clue me in).

• 5 weeks later...

Hello dear staffers!

I've searched around for an answer to this, but haven't been able to locate it. I know we can "contribute" to multiple blogs, but are we able to actually have multiple blogs? For instance, I have "Something Unpredictable," which is where I post my own ramblings. But I was also thinking of starting a blog specifically for writing advice. I write a monthly "Writing Tips" column in Hear Ye, Hufflepuff and have amassed a lot of knowledge that I'd love to share with the wider HPFT community. I had considered making a thread in the writing advice forum, but I feel like it might get a bit disorganized as I'd go a month or so between posting new columns and the old columns would be all smooshed together. If that makes sense.

Anyhow! Just wondering! Thank you! :) 

(Also, amazing job on the finale so far! We 'Puffs are having so much fun!)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Renacerá said:

Hello dear staffers!

I've searched around for an answer to this, but haven't been able to locate it. I know we can "contribute" to multiple blogs, but are we able to actually have multiple blogs? For instance, I have "Something Unpredictable," which is where I post my own ramblings. But I was also thinking of starting a blog specifically for writing advice. I write a monthly "Writing Tips" column in Hear Ye, Hufflepuff and have amassed a lot of knowledge that I'd love to share with the wider HPFT community. I had considered making a thread in the writing advice forum, but I feel like it might get a bit disorganized as I'd go a month or so between posting new columns and the old columns would be all smooshed together. If that makes sense.

Hi Emily! ❤️ As far as I can figure out from messing around with my own account, it does not seem possible for an individual member to have multiple blogs connected to their own account. @toomanycurls @abhorsen. Do you know anything I don't know? :P 

• Thanks 2

On 6/27/2020 at 7:09 PM, Renacerá said:

Hello dear staffers!

an admin would need to create it on the back end, but it's totally fine! just message me the name/tagline that you want and i'll make it. ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the right place to ask about rating/advisories? I was sure there was a specific thread... 😅

Anyway... I know this is super weird, and I have no idea how I ended up writing this in the first place :couch: but... (putting this in spoiler tag, just in case :P)

Spoiler

What would be the rules about human sacrifice? Is that even allowed? More specifically, I'm talking about something inspired to Strawinski's The rite of Spring.

I was hypotesizing suicide, slavery and violence advisories (maybe self-harm, too?), even if none is exactly fitting... sorry, I know this is super weird, I swear I have no idea what got into me... 🙈

Thank you so much in advance! :wub:

@Felpata_Lupin that's fine on the archive! I haven't read the source material but it'd need a violence advisory. If it is voluntary it will also need a suicide advisory! 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Guest pookha

I was wondering if we could open discussion into allowing Disney fanfiction. Regardless of their position, it should be allowed by fair use.

20 hours ago, pookha said:

I was wondering if we could open discussion into allowing Disney fanfiction. Regardless of their position, it should be allowed by fair use.

I'll open a thread to discuss this (and tag you). There are several things to consider if we change this rule, including the legal liability if Disney were to find and care about fanfiction posted here. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So I’m totally unsure where exactly I should post this but it didn’t feel right putting it in the issues/bugs thread so here we go. 

someone pointed out to me that the site calendar shows my challenge deadline as 30 October but the deadline is actually 30 November. Is there anyway that can be fixed on the site calendar to avoid confusion? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MalfoysAngel said:

someone pointed out to me that the site calendar shows my challenge deadline as 30 October but the deadline is actually 30 November. Is there anyway that can be fixed on the site calendar to avoid confusion? 

sorry about that, tasha! it might've been an oversight on our part, but i went ahead and changed the date on the calendar. should be good to go!

thanks for bringing it to our attention 💚

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but the FFT New Chapters Twitter account appears to have stopped working? The last tweet is from September 20th and there have been many chapters posted since then. :/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know we aren't allow to include any plots, characters or lengthy quotes about Disney but what about factual information. I want to reference one of their older cartoon series called Silly Symphonies. (My character will use them as an example) and include some real facts like the years it was produced, awards won etc.  Is this allowable?

PS Are we allowed to mention Pottermore in our stories?

Edited by potionspartner

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, pookha said:

Can we fix the link to TDA, please. It looks like it's .org now instead of .net

fixed!

• 1 month later...

Can you check about the status  of my story Tiramisu, Chapter 1, in the queue?  I submittted it on December 2, and since then other stories by other authors have been submitted and validated, and the number of stories still in the queue has varied, twice reaching zero (which it is now), but my story has not been validated.  It does show up in my Member Account Under the heading of Manage Stories, where it is listed as not validated.  I am wondering what the hangup is, since it is not a long chapter (4057 words) and does not contain anything problematical.  Thank you for checking up on this.

22 minutes ago, Oregonian said:

Can you check about the status  of my story Tiramisu, Chapter 1, in the queue?  I submittted it on December 2, and since then other stories by other authors have been submitted and validated, and the number of stories still in the queue has varied, twice reaching zero (which it is now), but my story has not been validated.  It does show up in my Member Account Under the heading of Manage Stories, where it is listed as not validated.  I am wondering what the hangup is, since it is not a long chapter (4057 words) and does not contain anything problematical.  Thank you for checking up on this.

Someone with more experience might have a better explanation, but for now I can’t see it there at all. Can you try removing that submission and submitting it again? 

Thanks for checking on that, Bianca.  I can't figure what happened, but I submitted the story again as you suggested, and hopefully it is visible this time!  Vicki

it's been sorted out, but i do want to clarify that we validate based on when things are submitted to the queue, not by length, so length doesn't really make a difference in when things are validated. ^_^

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A question about something that is a big mystery to me.  Big gray circles appear on posted remarks in these forum threads, partially blocking some of the writing in the posts.  What in the world are these big gray circles, and how can I get rid of them?  This has been going on for some weeks now.

3 hours ago, Oregonian said:

A question about something that is a big mystery to me.  Big gray circles appear on posted remarks in these forum threads, partially blocking some of the writing in the posts.  What in the world are these big gray circles, and how can I get rid of them?  This has been going on for some weeks now.

what theme are you using, and would you be able to send a screenshot? ^_^