We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can participate in events, challenges, discussions, and review swaps - or even just play games!

Join the Forums

FanficTalk has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing and read/review other members' writing.

Join the Archive
News Ticker
congratulations to all of our nanowrimo participants! get ready to celebrate the fairy princess's birthday!

Ask a Staffer

WriteYourHeartOut

Oregonian

Hi abhorsen,

The theme I am using is IPS Behemoth Theme (Default).  I'm having trouble taking a screenshot because they all keep coming out just gray rectangles, but I can describe precisely what I am seeing on the screen.

It occurs only when I click on a Status Update, not any other type of thread.  The gray circle appears only on posts by other people (the status or the responses) not on posts by me (if I post the status or a response).  The diameter of the gray circle is equal to the width of the words  'Reply to thi' in the box, lower down, where one can reply to this status.

The placement of the gray circle is immediately to the right of the line that tells the day and time of the posting, such as "Thursday at 3:25 PM".  The gray circle would begin immediately at the final downstroke of the letter M and extend to the right.  In its vertical extension the gray circle blocks out some of the letters of the line of text immediately above.

I hope that this description enables you to envision what I am seeing on the screen.  (Meanwhile, I'll have to investigate if maybe my instructions for taking screenshots are now obsolete.   Stuff keeps changing.) 

Thanks for looking into it.  It's not a biggie. I can often guess what the blocked words must be, and it's never important, but it's weird.

A Happy New Year to you.

Vicki

• Thanks 1

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fairy host abhorsen.

• Ineke

• toomanycurls

• facingthenorthwind

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll open a thread to discuss this (and tag you). There are several things to consider if we change this rule, including the legal liability if Disney were to find and care about fanfiction posted her

I could but we'd need consensus from people about how that Twitter should work. Right now all updates go into one rss file that's monitored by Zapier and it tweets about anything in that file that's n

@BookDinosaur -  

Posted Images

maraudertimes

hey @Oregonian, do you mean the reaction button on profile posts? if so, it's probably not an FFT issue, but may be related to your browser, the device you are using, or any magnification settings you have on the site. one option that might help is switching themes, although since we can't see the issue, we can't guarantee that will work :( 

• Like 1
Recent Badges

• 2 weeks later...
la_topolina

Is there/will there be a process for starting clubs for other fandoms as we expand the site? Maybe a request thread, or a place to see how many folks would be interested for various fandoms? Thanks ❤️

• Like 2

fairy host abhorsen.
16 hours ago, la_topolina said:

Is there/will there be a process for starting clubs for other fandoms as we expand the site? Maybe a request thread, or a place to see how many folks would be interested for various fandoms? Thanks ❤️

we're still working this process out, but yes, absolutely!

• Thanks 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.