News Ticker

Ask a Staffer

WriteYourHeartOut

There isn't, and i think therein lies the problem. Can you try and change it by just copying the text from word and pasting it in the box? See if that helps?

1 minute ago, Ineke said:

There isn't, and i think therein lies the problem. Can you try and change it by just copying the text from word and pasting it in the box? See if that helps?

I can try.  Luckily, it's not a really long story.

10 minutes ago, Goatspeed said:

I can try.  Luckily, it's not a really long story.

i saw it in the queue and its seems resolved on my end!

3 minutes ago, Ineke said:

i saw it in the queue and its seems resolved on my end!

Unfortunately, I don't think it is - I tried to replace the text content using the edit feature and now I have a story with no chapters at all.  It's just a header on the list.  Do I have to delete everything and start over?  Sorry to be such a bother.

3 minutes ago, Goatspeed said:

Unfortunately, I don't think it is - I tried to replace the text content using the edit feature and now I have a story with no chapters at all.  It's just a header on the list.  Do I have to delete everything and start over?  Sorry to be such a bother.

thats because you send it back to the queue again. it should show up now?

Okay, I'm getting the hang of things at last.  Please forgive the density between my ears.

9 hours ago, Goatspeed said:

Unless the sentence begins with dialogue, it just starts with a capital letter.  If it's dialogue, then it starts with ".  The character I see looks like a diamond shape with a question mark in the middle (an odd description, I know, but the best I can manage). I compose with MS Word, but when I tried to upload I got a message that the .docx file wasn't recognized and that I needed to upload a plain text file, so I converted the Word file by using Word's "save as" function to create a .txt file and uploaded that.  Is there a way to upload the original Word file?

If you do a copy & paste from the original Word file, that should prevent the weird character from appearing. Try that, and if it's still funky let us know!

The copy and paste from the original worked - again, sorry to be a bother.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys!  In the past, after a NaNo month ends, you give us the option to have our Novel Nests transferred to our Writers Journals so as to keep all this matter in chronological order in one place (the WJ).  Could you do that for my Novel Nest?  Thank you very much, and happy holidays to you all! ❤️

3 hours ago, Oregonian said:

Hi, guys!  In the past, after a NaNo month ends, you give us the option to have our Novel Nests transferred to our Writers Journals so as to keep all this matter in chronological order in one place (the WJ).  Could you do that for my Novel Nest?  Thank you very much, and happy holidays to you all! ❤️

oops, i still have to do that! (holiday and being ill does this to you omg haha) thanks for the reminder and ill get yours done right away!

• Thanks 1

Thanks, @Ineke, and I'm sorry to hear that you had been ill.  That's such a bummer.  Holidays and special events are the times when we really  don't want to be sick! 🥰

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, @Ineke.  A quick question.  Will there be a thread for the January Forum Challenge, or has the Forum Challenge been discontinued as of this month?

There will be no challenge this month, sorry ❤️ we're all quite busy at the moment. hopefully it'll be continued next month!

• Like 1