Jump to content

Welcome to FanficTalk

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in events, challenges, discussions, and review swaps - or even just play games!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

FanficTalk has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • we're very excited to announce our new name: fanfictalk!
  • welcome to the new house cup year!
  • jump into the prefects' game of battleship!

Bullet Journals


MuggleMaybe

Recommended Posts

Raspberry_cordelia
37 minutes ago, magemadi said:

Which one is my July theme?

Hadestown!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • magemadi

    20

  • MuggleMaybe

    14

  • down-in-flames

    14

  • Rumpelstiltskin

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

august is like basically over but i like this spread so

oooh oooh pick me I love bullet journaling (though my layout is nowhere near as pretty as Renee's and Taylor's ❤️) :      

i was in a very doodle-y mood making my june spread 😋   also, i realised i never posted my camp nano spread, but i enjoy looking at it bc it makes me feel hella accomplished lol

Posted Images

magemadi

Strolls in 5 minutes late with my August spreads 😂 

E582A96D-FB2C-47D2-A28C-906D3AD5804C.jpeg.0b4bd0ef6547f780bca75d653ccbe01e.jpeg 

6982E024-9A09-4E97-B880-2854B1EEF67A.jpeg.1cf7503b1f02dc4df2222336a73bc505.jpeg

this months theme is a little known musical (hasn’t yet gone to broadway) called “Starry” that focuses on the story of brothers Theo and Vincent Van Gogh up until Vincent’s death. The concept album is available for streaming and purchase and you should all listen to it, it is gorgeous ✨✨✨

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
dreamshadow

i've recently been getting back into my bullet journal (and got some fun new pens/art supplies to go with it) and i was curious: when do you guys do your monthly/weekly/daily planning? do you do it all together, when you make your spreads? do you plan your days when you do your weeks? or separately as the weeks/days come?

 right now i've been doing my dailys when i do my weeklys, but then things change -- which is nbd. i was mostly wondering if there was a more effective way of doing things/what works for you guys  ^_^

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

prideofprewett

Ooh I love that there's a whole bujo sub-culture here! Hopefully you don't think it's annoying me jumping into this conversation as a total newb. SORRY...paper crafts (bullet journaling included) are my jam. 🙈 @dreamshadow To answer your question, I do everything together as I create the spreads...I guess it's like a goal setting thing for me? Well half of it is goal setting for the week I guess...things I HOPE to do, and then I usually check in every couple days. Now I'll just casually sneak around this thread and like everyone's beautiful spread shares 😅  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

dreamshadow
6 hours ago, prideofprewett said:

Ooh I love that there's a whole bujo sub-culture here! Hopefully you don't think it's annoying me jumping into this conversation as a total newb. SORRY...paper crafts (bullet journaling included) are my jam. 🙈 @dreamshadow To answer your question, I do everything together as I create the spreads...I guess it's like a goal setting thing for me? Well half of it is goal setting for the week I guess...things I HOPE to do, and then I usually check in every couple days. Now I'll just casually sneak around this thread and like everyone's beautiful spread shares 😅  

i find people's planning methods v interesting, so please jump into this thread - it's what they're here for! ^_^ i've been doing monthly goal setting usually as i do my monthly spreads, and then the weekly ones i do as the week comes, and then the daily to do lists as i do the weeks. that's very interesting tho - do you have separate weekly goals vs tasks? my spreads are definitely not nearly as pretty as some of the spreads in this thread, but i'm working on it :P

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

prideofprewett
1 hour ago, dreamshadow said:

i find people's planning methods v interesting, so please jump into this thread - it's what they're here for! ^_^ i've been doing monthly goal setting usually as i do my monthly spreads, and then the weekly ones i do as the week comes, and then the daily to do lists as i do the weeks. that's very interesting tho - do you have separate weekly goals vs tasks? my spreads are definitely not nearly as pretty as some of the spreads in this thread, but i'm working on it :P

I guess they are more tasks than goals. I tend to be bad with spreading out things (esp of the domestic nature), so I tried setting "task goals," I guess for certain days. Like if my work schedule one day is lighter I'd be more willing to go to the store post work, or something like that hah. And I wish I could set monthly goals. I don't know that just feels too big for me, like I get overwhelmed because it's such a large amount of time (in my head), so I just struggle with planning that haha. I wish I could. It would be cool to be more "big picture," than my current "day to day," mindset but yeah. Also, my issue is I have an infant so I can only every create stuff during nap time haha. Which is why I just go nuts and create spreads all at once LOL. And I found the minimalist style is really my fave. I include fun tape and stuff every now and again because you gotta have surprise pages :)  

Edited by prideofprewett
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

magemadi
On 8/29/2020 at 8:19 AM, dreamshadow said:

i've recently been getting back into my bullet journal (and got some fun new pens/art supplies to go with it) and i was curious: when do you guys do your monthly/weekly/daily planning? do you do it all together, when you make your spreads? do you plan your days when you do your weeks? or separately as the weeks/days come?

 right now i've been doing my dailys when i do my weeklys, but then things change -- which is nbd. i was mostly wondering if there was a more effective way of doing things/what works for you guys  ^_^

hey dear! I usually do my big monthly spread on its own, and with that i have a calendar and two different "trackers" - a mood tracker & an activity tracker, so i can see how i'm feeling & if i'm exercising like i should be! I also have 3 other "catgories" for my monthly spread -- these are writing, media, and positivity. writing is just to lsit what i've been writing this month, media is media consumed (video, audio, & reading), and positivity is just to remind myself of good things that happened this month. 

typically for my weekly spreads i'll at least get the outlines for that month all done at the same time as i do my monthly spread, but i'll fill in the info for it on sundays usually. then i cross things off daily (and fill out my trackers). I tend to do my daily bujo stuff right away in the morning when i get to my desk. 

Hope that helps! ^_^ 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
magemadi

October monthly spread — the show is “The Guy Who Didn’t Like Musicals” which was created by Team Starkid (of AVPM notoriety) ☺️ 
 

1903ACDC-1FD4-47AA-A34F-5E44A5E9E8D7.thumb.jpeg.2f93a276bc580d7e25c9ca46bce7c51a.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
dreamshadow

slinking into this here thread because i don't hate the spread i made for the next two weeks 😱  i went back to the basics and i love being able to see two weeks at a glance, especially since my retail schedule is super unpredictable

also fun fact, my lines are straighter without a ruler 🙃

bujo.png.92a18bf8d5edcd5ab88a8af607b73d8b.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...