News Ticker

something wicked

something wicked

progress update. 

WE HAVE A NAME!! 

after banging my head against my keyboard and furiously flicking through spotify for inspo we have a title! as the lights went out, taken from dancing with our hands tied by taylor swift which was on my playlist for this fic and has more and more just become the main inspo while writing. 

chapter one is almost ready to be posted, just needs some finishing paragraphs and a quick edit and it'll be up! 

in the meantime i have a pinterest board for erin (m) and a picspam for her all ready (procrastinating? me? noooo.........) 

erin-forum.jpg

current nano word count.

• Like 3

progress update!!

chapter two is looking about half finished but has turned out to already be a bit longer than expected buuuutttt we're live! chapter one is now up on the archive...

+clicky!

as-the-lights-went-out.png

the ajqabedkbuedig amazing banner by @grumpy cat

It started as a mistake, but that was a while ago. 

What we're looking at now is a whole series of mistakes. 

current nano word count.

Edited by something wicked
  • Like 2

i'm very excited for the next chapter :bliss:

• Like 1

progress update. 

chapter two is almost done!! i got slightly distracted by some scenes from a later chapter that were screaming to be written but i'm back on track now. 

erin's mum emerges in this chapter which wasn't ever meant to happen but her character sort of made itself and then sortof wrote herself into the story and now i've gotten a bit carried away with this diva of a woman. theres just something about her that is so much fun to write. 

we're also going to see a bit more of james and i guess properly introduce him to the story... because his last introduction was a bit breif... 

sneak peak of chapter two. 

this was actually the first scene i came up with for the whole fic so this was the original idea of erin 😏

Spoiler

There’s a body next to me. Someone warm, tanned, a smooth shoulder, a strong arm and a mess of dark blonde hair, face buried in the pillow. The light coming through the curtain catches him, painting him golden, making him seem somehow soft. I could reach out and touch him if I wanted to, wake him up, kiss him, engage with this complete stranger and turn him into something real. His shoulder rises and falls with his breath, I can smell him, breathe him in, truth be told I can still feel him. I don’t want him though. 

The next day I never do. 

I push myself up slowly as not to wake him, climb out of bed and make my way to the door. I look back once, trying my best to feel something for the tanned shoulder and that angelic mop of hair but it’s useless. I leave the room, slamming the door hard behind me, hoping that will wake him and with any luck get him out of my bed by the time I’m finished showering. 

current nano word count.

• Like 3

oh dear merlin so many questions, so much neglect of the journal, all the appologies!! 

my new year resolution in 2020 is to update this more regularly!! 

On 8/1/2019 at 10:05 PM, nott theodore said:

Hey Deni!  Here with some questions for you!

1. You're on the home straight with Yaxley!  How do you feel about nearly being finished with the novel?

2. What's the most important thing you've learnt from writing Yaxley?  How do you think your writing has changed from it?

3. Which of your characters do you think you're most similar to?

4. You get to meet a lot of people with your job - have any of them ever inspired stories or characters for you?

5. Revival is a very different story to Yaxley.  Is it difficult for you to switch between the two?  Have you noticed any similarities in your characters in the two that weren't necessarily planned?

6. Are there any themes that tend to appear in your stories, intentionally or not?

hello dear!!! thank you for stopping by 😘

1. terrified... mostly because at this stage it feels like i might never finish it 😂 seriosuly though, very soppy answer, it's a novel i started when i was eighteen and i've seen it grow up with me i guess so the idea of it being done is just... scary. that means ive got to seriously get on with the business of killing all my characters writing the sequel! 

2. wow this is a bit of a huge question. confidence. when i started writing yaxley i had virtually no confidence in my own writing, my ability to create characters, to layer plots, description... none whatsoever. before the first chapter went up nobody had ever read anything i had written. looking back now i wish i had just gone for it more but gradually, through writing yaxley, i found my voice and my style and the rest is history i guess. 

3. casgnloedkedldebde.... agh... erin. before i would always have said cassie (and right now i lowkey feel like i'm cheating on her for not saying her) but i think this answer has evolved slightly. at the time i started writing cassie she was very similar to me but i think i've grown out of a lot of the flaws/character traits i had back then that i put into her character. so now i'd definitely say erin... even if that's maybe not the best thing to admit given that erin is a total mess 😅

4. rona was actually partly inspired by a girl i met in a club bathroom once. she was crying a lot about her boyfriend who just sounded like a total -insert four letter word of your choice- but she was stunning, she was tall, gorgeous, had all this blonde hair and the image just stuck with me and came back when i was developing rona. revival-james on the other hand was inspired by a guy i used to go out with and then had to work with and see every day for about six months after. 

5. sometimes revival and all of the other stories are the break i need haha. yaxley can get a bit intense and difficult so sometimes it is nice just to have the lighter stories to fall back on. simmilarities... well i guess all the OCs, appart from tatiana maybe, have a little bit of me in them so they're similar in that sense but aside from that they're all about people finding out who they are and being sick of the people around them telling them who they need to be, they've all got that same drive to prove themselves. oh... and they've also all got the same drinking habits that may or may not be modelled on my own 🙃

6. ahhh.... *looks at rona, erin and cassie's parent issues,  identity crisises, the idea that you shouldn't be trying to fit into a role society has created for you, death, angst, stars* nope cant think of any 😋

On 8/7/2019 at 9:47 PM, Aphoride said:

DENI ❤️ :wub: Here with questions! :D 

1. When am I going to get more Not Without Ambition? :P 

2. How do you plot such intricate and clever character-driven-type plots? How do you keep all the sub-plots with different characters (like the Slytherins' side in Yaxley and their stories) straight? (Especially with all the sequels omg)

3. You've written a lot of different eras - Marauders, Tom Riddle's time, Next Gen, etc. - do you have a favourite to write? 

4. Is there a character/pairing you would never write? 

5. You have so many WIPs - how do you balance all your WIPs?

6. Favourite type of tea? 

7. What's your favourite thing or trope to write? Do you have one you just always find yourself writing regardless? (You know my atmospheric rain issues... :P

8. Where do you get your inspiration from? Is there a particular place or particular music or something? 

laaauuuuuuurrraaaaa, darling thank you for the questions!! 🖤🖤

1. soon! i promise, it's coming! 

2. ahaha the plots come by accident, its the characters that appear first and then their world just sortof expands around them and as it unfolds and all the dramas and challenges appear i guess i'm left with plots 🙈 somehow keeping all the subplots straight is pretty easy, i can visualise all the characters timelines pretty easily so it's easy to see where they would crossover and where one big event would reverberate through all of them. and im just too much of an overthinker to not know what the slytherins are doing at all times in yaxley 😂

3. tom's era has been my favourite so far i think but it's still really challenging. there were a lot of players in the game at that point and a lot of details in the more period setting to get right. it's been a fun challenge that i want to explore more when i get back to NWA. next gen is easiest, because it's such an open book its the total opposite to mauraders or even toms era, there are no limitations!

4. i would really struggle with wolfstar. while i love reading wolfstar writing it would just be too weird. i've had sirius and cassie on the brain for far too long now to really see him with anyone else. 

5. ahahahahhhaahahahhahahahaha... balance? me? wips? what's that? 

6. it's winter so i'm going to say either orange and clove or peppermint and cacao  😍

7. haha yes i love you and your atmospheric rain 🖤 im going to say descriptions of the sky, or more specifically night sky descriptions. they're just the perfect way to set the scene and the ~mood~ no matter what! 

8. all the usual i guess. music, just whatever ive been listening to recently, pinterest, the people around me, my own very messy messy life helps with inspiration occasionally! somehow the worse my life gets the better y writing seems to become 😅

On 8/13/2019 at 11:18 PM, down-in-flames said:

hello helloooooooo i have arrived to interrogate you 😋

1. which of your OCs do you see as most similar to yourself, and why?
  2. if you had to write a fluff fic, which characters would you write about?
  3. you've mentioned that james sirius in revival gets a bit of a redemption arc down the line, even though he is... literally the worst right now. will we get to see a little bit more of his motives for acting in such a *non-forum-appropriate-word*-ish way?
  4. are there any next gen characters in your revival universe that you haven't explored yet that you're looking forward to exploring in future chapters?
  5. will sirius and cassie get at least a little bit of happiness before you succumb to keeping this canon? 😭
  6. because you dropped the same question on me, when am i getting more revival? i miss rona dearly ❤️ (i will also accept yaxley and/or not without ambition chapters while i wait)

lol so reading these back now ive got a severe case of revival guilt... but anyway thank you for stopping by m'dear and thank you for the questions ❤️

1. right now i'm going to say erin. shes a little bit lost and a little bit unsure of herself but deep down she knows who she is. shes also a total mess emotionally which is something i can, at this stage, totally relate to. a lot of the inspo for her character and some of the states that she gets into comes from me so its easy to relate to her when transferring that all onto the page. 

2. eugh but writing fluff is so hard 😭 i would want to say cassie and sirius but honestly i have no idea what a fluff fic with them would even look like so i'm going to say it would probably be a jilly or a teddy/vic fic. 

3. ... ah ... yes... revival 😅 when i eventually circle back around to that then yes we will see more of his motives. they've all got reasons behind them and he's really just a little boy not sure of his feelings right now in the story so i do want to explore more of that eventually.

4. so not in my revival universe but in the lights-universe i'm DYING to get stuck into dominique because... well you know how i feel about her and now i get to write her and i get to do it form the pov of someone who really doesn't like her so its going to be so so much fun i really really cant wait! ...*and breathe*

5. yes,  i can promise a little bit 😏

6. lol so the mother of all distractions came along so rona might be back at some point but i really don't know when 🙈 in the meantime we've just got an erin and then the whole novel that i'm nearly finished that i should probably get back to soon...

On 8/18/2019 at 4:37 PM, TidalDragon said:

Howdy Deni! So...usually I read through every question and answer before posting my own, but your answers are so awesome and detailed and the subject of so many questions, it's very possible that I have missed something in my quest. Nevertheless, I shall carry on below!

1. If you had to assign a theme song to your major OCs, which would you choose for them? Feel free to use as few or as many OCs as you want.

2. All but one of your titles is three words or less. Is that a conscious decision/personal rule you use in titling or just how it works out?

3. What is your favourite theme on HPFT to read? To write? Why?

4. I have only collab-ed with one author. What was it like to collab with FIVE?

5. Lavender Brown. Dead or alive at the end of the Battle of Hogwarts?

There you have it. I tried to be unique and hopefully succeeded. Happy August!

kevin!!! thank you so much for the questions and for stopping by my journal 😊 after an embarrassingly long time i'm finally here to answer all! 

1. okay lets do this (as much as i hate to admit it they've all got individual playlists and picking one song was way too difficult)

cassie: everything i wanted by billie eilish

erin: dress by taylor swift

rona: i know places by taylor swift 

tatiana: russian roulette by rihanna 

2. ooh thats really interesting,  i've never really thought about it haha, i think most of the names just came from the fic and not because of a rule. the three with longer titles are all quotes that directly inspired the fic, yaxley was just yaxley because at the start of the story that all anyone sees when they look at her, her identity is summed up in that one word so thats all the reader really needed to know. 

3. star-crossed romance. i cant help it, anything thats doomed to fail but be amazing along the way makes my angst-loving heart so happy! 

4. the halloween drabbles were so fun to write. just seeing what everyone could cram into so few words and see all of the different writing styles the house had to offer in one place was pretty cool! it doesn't matter how many authors it was or what time constraints we had, it was easy when everyone was so talented. 

5. i've always assumed she was dead. to me she was one of the people who didn't make it through the battle, it was one of the brutal, named reminders put in to put someone we knew in the horror to remind the reader what wars are like. at the same time though... i really like that we don't know, theres a little bit of hope to cling onto even if i am a largely glass half empty sort of person who is 99% sure she died. 

• 2 months later...

i swore that this year i was actually going to use my wj and... in january that didn't pan out... oh well... i'm here now! 

i was going to finish writing chapter eighteen of yaxley in 2019 and i... have not. it's mostly done, now sitting at about 4000 words which is edited down from the 8k mess it was at the start of the year. i've come to the concision that i'm basically scared of ~ruining~ cassie. i've been writing her for over two years now and i'm quite attached to her and do want other people to like her. this chapter may mess that up slightly. this is cassie with her priories sorted, her decision made and because of that its probably cassie at her scariest. at the same time this is probably the first time she's telling the whole truth in the whole novel which is super fun as a writer but also agghhhhh i just want to protect my baby! 

the other problem with this chapter is that it shows a murder that has been spoken about since the start of the novel and now that it's here i'm panicking waaaaaay too much about how its written and if it's actually worth the buildup. one scene and some editing left now, i'd like to get it out before yaxley turns two on the archives but we can only hope. 

in othhhhherrrr newssss....

as the lights went out has taken over a little bit.

the plot may be expanding slightly after only one chapter... 

whoops. 

• Like 4

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!

chapter eighteen is up and i really don't know how i managed it! it's called avada kedavra which is a huge hint of what it might involve 😉 and to make things even better i'm already a fair way through chapter nineteen and also managed to write a wee one-shot set after yaxley on the way home from work last night. (that's right ya'll my ability to write super fast on the subway has miraculously returned! 🎉 ) 

this was in a way the top of the hill in terms of the story, a lot comes out that has been built over seventeen chapters so now it feels like we can relax a little and let the characters react to the revelations and the fallout of... certain... incidents... 

i also need to remind myself that i do have a love story to move forward and it will be happening in the next chapter or two haha. it's time for my idiots to be minorly less idiotic. 

finally feels like i might someday finish this novel lol 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

so all the playlist talk over in the story playlist requests thread reminded my of the lights playlist and then lead on to making me open up a doc and actually work on chapter two 😅

thought i'd take a wee break to share a wee bit of the playlist (no i'm not procrastinating i don't know what that word is dammit

taylor.png

picapam by @down-in-flames

as the lights went out

dancing with our hands tied  -  taylor swift

karma  -  marina

fuck it i love you  -  lana del rey

haunting  -  halsey

everything i wanted  -  billie eilish

hunger  -  florence + the machine

the love club  -  lorde

of the night  -  bastile

colors  -  halsey

new years day  -  taylor swift

shake it out  -  florence + the machine

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

is this novel nest named for the characters, the fic or just the state of my writing in general?

who knows.

anyway, i don't even know what i'm writing so i thought i'd throw the lot in and hope that something actually gets written this time. 

i'll be focusing on three (yes... three and only three deni you ignore number four) fics this april. first up is yaxley which is slowly killing my soul and destroying my muse out of sheer frustration almost finished! next we're got as the lights went out, which is still at a grand total of one posted chapter but there is more written, i promise. three is my entry for kris and shreya's hot mess/beautiful disaster challenge because how could i not join that one.

yaxley

two chapters left. 

two.

thats it.

seriously if i don't finish this in april somebody scream at me. 

as the lights went out

i'd like to get two chapters of this out ideally. chapter two is mostly written it just needs an edit and after that chapter three is a nice, easy one that is all plotted. 

erin attents an engagement party and we get to see james a little bit more. chapter three gets us a look into erin's family and a bit more of how she became... erin. 

unnamed and unplotted hot mess fic

okay so lets face it... all of my characters are beautiful diasters.

when a challenge came up i couldn't not go for it, and it gives me the excuse to finally write either a vic/teddy fic or actually finally get arround to writing the narcissa modern au, both of which i've had kicking around for a while.

or i write both... no deni three not four!! 

if i manage to get all of this done we're looking at about 20k for the month which shouldn't be too difficult given that i've got no other distactions at the moment. 

i say this now.

someone please hold me to this

:elmofire:

• Like 2

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

THERE ARE ONLY TWO CHAPTERS OF YAXLEY LEFT OMG. (Also, I need to catch up reading. 🦑)

I'm also totally here for all the hot messes! I mean, that's my kind of people. 😂 Have fun prepping! I'll be back during Camp to check in and cheer or shout or whatever.

Don't think I didn't notice which WIP is missing from this list, Deni

Ahhh I'm so excited to see the end for Yaxley - it's gonna be so good, I know it ;) And both your hot mess plunnies sound so fascinating - which I know it's helpful, but eh :P 

I'll definitely be back with more questions and to cheer/kick you on :P :D 

• Like 1

igoring everything else that i'm meant to be working on and started yaxley 2 

it basically just hit me how much the tone of these novels has changed since they started and that 18 year old me wwanted to write a romancie marauders novel with a dark twist and ended up writing a twisted, dark mess with a bit of romance in there. thought i'd share a wee sample of the first chapter because the wee cassie in the first chapter of yaxley has... yeah she's changed a bit. 

yaxley 2, otherwise known as treacherous skies, takes place over the last few months of the first wizarding war and has it's own graveyard spreadsheet to keep track of who has to go when becuase lol there's a lot of that happening and all of it is going to hurt to write.

chapter one, cassie

I can’t look in the mirror.

I don’t want to see, don’t want to know. 

I won’t look in a cracked piece of glass and see what she would have seen, the last thing she would have seen. 

Fuck, I must look like a deamon. 

I look down instead, look at the water in the sink, look at the streams of red staining the white. 

The more I scrub the more there is, it’s caked on my skin, under my nails, in my hair. The cloth is rough and it hurts as I go but it’s better like this, it reminds me that I’m still here, that I can still feel. By the time I’m done the sink will be covered and the floor and the towels but I’ll be clean, the blood will be gone. 

None of it’s mine anyway.

• Like 1

write both hot messes. write more than two, i'll read them all

:evilkermit:

aka kris is excited for literally anything that you do write!

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 7:23 PM, Rumpelstiltskin said:

THERE ARE ONLY TWO CHAPTERS OF YAXLEY LEFT OMG. (Also, I need to catch up reading. 🦑)

i know!! scary baby-almost-finished-time and i dont like it 😭

On 3/25/2020 at 10:05 AM, Aphoride said:

Don't think I didn't notice which WIP is missing from this list, Deni

Ahhh I'm so excited to see the end for Yaxley - it's gonna be so good, I know it ;) And both your hot mess plunnies sound so fascinating - which I know it's helpful, but eh :P 

soon... ( but shhhh dont tell any fo the others that because im already working on enough 😉 ) but the other wip will return soon i promise 

thank you! please kick me on i'll need it haha!

18 hours ago, grumpy cat said:

write both hot messes. write more than two, i'll read them all

:evilkermit:

aka kris is excited for literally anything that you do write!

okay maybe i will do two and solidly blame it all on you... works for me 😈 

thank you for stopping by m'loves 🖤 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 7:12 AM, something wicked said:

...finally write either a vic/teddy fic or actually finally get arround to writing the narcissa modern au, both of which i've had kicking around for a while.

or i write both....

i personally endorse you writing both because a teddy/vic and a narcissa modern au hellooooo?? that's like catnip for me!

On 3/28/2020 at 12:01 AM, sunshine_locks said:

i personally endorse you writing both because a teddy/vic and a narcissa modern au hellooooo?? that's like catnip for me!

we’ll see how it goes 😅 i’m getting very very tempted to just write both and ignore all current wips (rip) 

• Like 1

Y'all are depressing me that all these great stories are almost over! I won't be able to say Yax-attacks for much longer, which is also deeply upsetting.

ln more serious news, a Modern!AU focusing on Narcissa seems like it would be extremely interesting. Isf your plan would be for her to basically track what we know of her and her path from canon, or if there would be more adaptation of her character along with the change?

In any event, I wish you the best of luck in meeting all your fic goals for April! I'll prod you to write if you prod me...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Noelle Zingarella
On 3/23/2020 at 6:12 AM, something wicked said:

two chapters left. 

spacer.png

This is so exciting! How does it feel to be so close to finishing a major project like Yaxley? How have Cassie and Sirius grown along the way? How are they still the same?

On 3/30/2020 at 3:07 AM, TidalDragon said:

Y'all are depressing me that all these great stories are almost over! I won't be able to say Yax-attacks for much longer, which is also deeply upsetting.

ln more serious news, a Modern!AU focusing on Narcissa seems like it would be extremely interesting. Isf your plan would be for her to basically track what we know of her and her path from canon, or if there would be more adaptation of her character along with the change?

In any event, I wish you the best of luck in meeting all your fic goals for April! I'll prod you to write if you prod me...

i know! it feels like so many novels are coming to their close soon! 

it’s more of an adaptation but the bare bones that i have already are narcissa is a bartender (can you tell I’m missing work lol?) in a club owned by her family, she’s she baby who’s kept out of the inner circle and the dodgy side of the company. lucius is a friend of her sister and the heart of the dodgy side of the company and ~drama ensues~. I did have a few thoughts about some history between bellatrix and lucius and a potential ping triangle but we’ll see how that ends up 😅

thank you kevin ❤️ good luck with your goals too, i’ll pop in later to see how you’re getting on! 

On 4/8/2020 at 3:42 AM, Noelle Zingarella said:

This is so exciting! How does it feel to be so close to finishing a major project like Yaxley? How have Cassie and Sirius grown along the way? How are they still the same?

hellloo! thank you for stopping by!

it still somehow feels like it’s miles away 😂 although it’s not the last time that I’ll be writing the character so that’s nice to know at least. relieved? haha? i’m just dying for it to be over now lol.

okay wow, how have cassie and sirius changed? 

so sirius... he’s still not in any way a golden boy but he’s let go of some of the stubborn opinions he has cemented in his head at the start of the story and learned that things aren’t always black and white. the boy has feels and because of that he’s in a situation that the sirius in chapter two never ever would have imagined and certainly would not have handled in the same way. in short he’s grown up a lot and maybe melted slightly in the process. 

cass (without giving too much plot away) is in absolute denial when we meet her. shes just been through something horrific and is dealing with it by totally not dealing with it. the cassie at the end is far more emotionally fragile but that’s because she’s actually started to acknowledge what she’s been dealing with. she doesn’t have dreams of running away anymore but instead she’s ready to protect her friends and actually try to make up for some of the fucked up things in her past. also she’s almost ready to admit to certain feelings which L O L she could not have done at the start. all in all she’s not fully finished yet... she’s still part-boiled... but she’s amost there. when she’s fully cooked she’ll be unstoppable 🔥☠️🔥🖤

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

okaaayyyy update time

chapters two and three of as the lights went out are now up along with my messy vic fic (which is the first of a trilogy but shhhhhhhhh we dont need to foucus on that) called twenty past six in the morning 🍾☠️

twenty past six in the morning 

I had a dream
I got everything I wanted  

Written for the hot mess/beautiful disaster challenge.

chapter four of lights underway, hopefully have it finished by the end of the month! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, something wicked said:

chapter four of lights underway, hopefully have it finished by the end of the month! 

yesssssss, give me all of the lights :elmofire:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, something wicked said:

chapters two and three of as the lights went out are now up along with my messy vic fic (which is the first of a trilogy but shhhhhhhhh we dont need to foucus on that) called twenty past six in the morning 🍾☠️

*making grabby hands*

edit: I JUST SAW THAT THEY'RE UP ON THE ARCHIVES I'M SO EXCITED

Edited by sunshine_locks
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

okkkay update time. 

stalling a little on lights and fic-that-shall-not-be-named but currently plotting out one (two) oneshot's for my new wee vic weasley series. the first is all that glitters  (full credit to @sunshine_locks for giving me the title idea in a review) which follows about a year after twenty past six in the morning and has victoire running into teddy at a wedding 👀 this one is for @aurevoir's version of me challenge (if i get it finished) and focuses a lot more on the teddy/vic relationship that's in the background of 6.20am. like teddy is actually in this so im excited to introduce him. 

all-that-glitters.jpg

idea number two is a as yet unnamed prequel of sorts set when vic was fresh out of hogwarts and not quite as messed up as she appears now. it's based on girls your age by transviolet and theres a definate pinning/unrequited love sortof vibe going on as at this point she's far more interested in teddy than he is in her... like a lot. explores her issues with her powers, or lack thereof, and her pretty epic need to be loved which just leads to problems down the line.

• 3 weeks later...

wee update for now. @Crimson Quill basically destroyed all of my current writing plans by pointing out that my two next-gen jsp/oc (sortof) stories actually fit perfectly together, meaning i can rewrite an update old story into a newer style that i prefer atm, that fits with lights and the planned vic stories. so i guess that’ll be what my brain is doing now, revival is getting a revival 😏

in the meantime i did a thing about having a trans parent and watching them go through their transition from the pov of lucy weasley called a dream you can touch. oh and lights chapter four should be out this week. i think that’s it atm 🖤

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

rona-queenofhearts-picspam.jpg

the chaotic updated version of what was once known as revival. the characters are older, darker, more fucked up and generally funner to write. as of how much of the original plot i'm keeping? agh we'll see. anyway.

a louis/oc with ellements of jsp/oc set in the same universe as as the lights went out, so yay me i get to write james as even more of a dick now. rona mckenna has spent half her life hiding from the spotlight, hating the life that comes with her surame and hating the press that past questionable realtionships have given her. all she wants is quiet normality... but is she fuck going to get that it's me writing this and we need some drama.

goal: about 10k. i'd also like to get chapter four of lights out so that'll take up some extra words on top of the ten.

• Like 6