News Ticker

just.a.willow.tree's graphic requests

just.a.willow.tree

18 minutes ago, ImaRavenclaw said:

Oh my godddd this is so beautiful! I'll take it as is. Rehosting and crediting now

:hug: :hug: 

One slot open!

• Like 1

Eva! Remember that amazing review you left me on Irrational, where you said you’d like to use this quote on all the graphics?:

“I’ll thank you not to talk that way about my fella.”

Well… would you put it on a signature set for me??

Graphic type/dimensions: Forum signature/avatar set

Sites you intend to use the graphic on: HPFT

What you'd like on the graphic:

Text:

• The quote, of course:   I’ll thank you not to talk that way about my fella.
  • Also I’d love to see how it might look with the story title and my pen name in small text in one corner of the sig, like:

Irrational
by RonsGirlFriday

Chars/ face claims:

• Percy -- Linus Wordemann -- I would love if you’re able to make use of this pic+ of him, but if that one will not work out for any reason, I also like these: [1] [2] [3 - more the one on the right]
  • Audrey -- Jenna Coleman -- similarly, I’d love if you can use this pic+ of her, but here are my backups: [1] [2] [3]
  • I know nothing about graphics, halp.

Mood/theme:

• Cute, happy. Not like cotton candy sweet, but uplifting? You’ve read the story, I think maybe you know the vibe?
  • As far as objects in it, I’m not too picky. Maybe a bit of a nerdy aesthetic? Nerdy glasses on top of a book, kinda thing in the background or something? (I don’t know whether I should be surprised how many stock photos actually exist of such a thing?) Some flowers/leaves are cool, but I also don’t want it super busy or cluttered. I sort of want the two of them and the words to be the focus, rather than all the stuff going on around them.

Colors: I think maybe I’m feeling some yellow and white, maybe some blue and gray in there? I am more into jewel tones and muted tones than tropical/candy-colors. I am also not a huge fan of pink in large doses, though I'm not opposed to it as an accent color.

Does any of this make sense? Okay, stop talking, Melanie...

• Like 1

@RonsGirlFriday I come bearing graphics! I hope this is something along the lines of what you were looking for. :wub: Let me know if you'd like any changes!

677425143_irrationalsigsetformelanie.png.6a3654dbac410082c7d53a947be625d9.png + 159214810_irrationalsigformelanie-icon.png.00e7e4a37b174d207ded93d5e145b54a.png

• Like 1

EVA, STAHHHHHHHHP!!!! This is better than anything I could have imagined, OMG.

Question: Is it possible to try making the characters less pink-tinted, more their normal coloring? (I literally have no idea what goes on when you make these graphics or what order you do things in, so I don't know if this is a thing you can do?)

• Like 1

@RonsGirlFriday AHH I'M SO THRILLED YOU LIKE IT. :wub: Those kinds of changes are super easy to correct, no worries!

How's this?

1838357603_irrationalsigsetformelanie.png.2374c79245de0192ee10ea7d42b65712.png + 449088846_irrationalsigformelanie-icon.png.225768f5f1a4834d19fb197e6743fb4f.png

Edit: I have a slightly different version. :P It's just a shade pinker than the one above haha.

1022318031_irrationalsigsetformelanie.png.99d7fa379aca3d3e80d20e739f989037.png

Edited by grumpy cat
graphic being used&credited
  • Thanks 1

AMAZING. What has my life been about before this? I'm going to grab the top one and put it in my sig immediately!  :hug: Thank you so much, and I hope the request was ok for your style. You did such a fantastic job, I'm in love.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, RonsGirlFriday said:

AMAZING. What has my life been about before this? I'm going to grab the top one and put it in my sig immediately!  :hug: Thank you so much, and I hope the request was ok for your style. You did such a fantastic job, I'm in love.

You’re too kind! 😭💛 The request was just right for me, no worries! 😍 I am so pleased that you’re pleased! 💛💛💛💛💛

One slot open! 🥰

Edited by just.a.willow.tree
  • Like 1

Guest Noelle Zingarella

Eva! I'm about to post a story for TKO challenge, and I was wondering if I could request a banner to go with it. I love the bright colors in your work, and I think they would go really well with this story. I haven't posted it yet, but you can see a draft of the story here (M in case)+ and I'll be posting it by May 10th at the very latest (and probably sooner).

Graphic type/dimensions: Banner/700x150

Text:

• the title (all in lower case please): all i was doing was breathing

Chars/ face claims: 

• Meera Lal: her faceclaim is Kajol. I was thinking maybe having 2 pics of her on the banner, one where she's looking more pensive, and one where she's looking more happy. Her robes are sari-like; and she doesn't wear a bindi (because she's a Christian). I have a pinterest board here (M in case)+ and I really like this (M in case)+ pic for the pensive one. The churches decked out in white flowers on the pinterest board are the church in England that she goes to; most of the rest of the board is about her home in India. 

Mood/Theme:

• The story starts out sad/anxious/pensive, but there are moments of humor (like the visit to Florian's Ice Cream Parlor). The ending of the story is ultimately hopeful.

Colors:

• Bright! The story is set in England, but Meera is from Kerala, India and she hates how gray England seems to her; so she puts as much color in her life as she can. The pinterest board has some photos of Kerala for inspiration and/or use; I trust your judgement ❤️

Edited by Noelle Zingarella
More details

@Noelle Zingarella Hi hi, Noelle! Here's your banner! 💛 I hope this is okay. 😊

2098805364_alliwasdoingwasbreathingbannerfornoelle.png.bb507ac31831a088bf0c605d01a3c4f7.png

Please let me know if you'd like any changes to the text/coloring!

Edited by just.a.willow.tree
  • Like 2

Guest Noelle Zingarella
On 5/4/2020 at 6:41 PM, just.a.willow.tree said:

@Noelle Zingarella Hi hi, Noelle! Here's your banner! 💛 I hope this is okay. 😊

2098805364_alliwasdoingwasbreathingbannerfornoelle.png.bb507ac31831a088bf0c605d01a3c4f7.png

Please let me know if you'd like any changes to the text/coloring!

It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Thank you so much! I'll be putting the story in the queue today and I will ofc rehost and credit.

😍

Edited by Noelle Zingarella
graphic being used&credited

8 minutes ago, Noelle Zingarella said:

It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Thank you so much! I'll be putting the story in the queue today and I will ofc rehost and credit.

😍

😍😭 So happy you like it!

One slot open! 💛

Eva! Why, yes, I am stalking your graphics thread. :ninja:

This request is going to be much less specific than the last -- it's not for a particular fic, no face claims, etc, so I'm going to leave a lot of it up to you if that's cool. Just looking for something pretty, really. ^_^ LMK if you need anything else from me, though! 

Graphic type/dimensions: Header and dividers for my “About Me” section on the forums (like the request you filled for Shreya a while back). I’m thinking for the header, something like a story banner but a bit longer, so maybe like 800 x 150? And then for the dividers, 800 x 60?

Sites you intend to use the graphic on: HPFT forums

Colors: Something with deep blues and yellow/gold

Mood/theme: Relaxed, thoughtful, pensive? Ravenclaw personality vibe. Not gloomy, though, still happy. Okay with a little whimsy. IDK, who even am I?

A nonexhaustive list of things I like: books, tea, typewriters, notebooks, cats, stars/ outer space, woods, moors, ruins, lilies

Text:
On the header:

• RonsGirlFriday
  • "We are all stories in the end..." (<----- that quote, but in smaller text somewhere on the header; I don't want it to be the most prominent thing, more like an accent)

Dividers:

• currently writing

• awards

• gifts from friends

Thank you!! :wub:

Edited by RonsGirlFriday
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*whispers*  Eva... I have a question for you...

Could you possibly... while you're working on this... throw a 4th divider in there, that says "currently reading"? :kris:

spacer.png

Edited by RonsGirlFriday
  • Like 1

@RonsGirlFriday I'm so so embarrassed about the wait, I'm sorry! 😭 I wanted to show you the initial header I had before making any cuts -- are there any changes you would like to see?

439923454_headerformelanie.png.fb3686f6ccdc67f43635aad6f0433293.png

• Like 1

Eva! 💛 💛 💛 This is SO pretty! 🤤

Ok I have a question. :kris: Would it make your life very difficult to remove the kitten? (MELANIE, you NINNY, you SAID you like cats!) -- Yes, I did, but now seeing the vibe and the look you've created with the graphic I'm loving everything together but just not feeling the kitten so much among all of it.

:ninja:

• Like 1

Oh my gosh, yes!! :loveshower: They're gorgeous, thank you so much!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RonsGirlFriday said:

Oh my gosh, yes!! :loveshower: They're gorgeous, thank you so much!!

Aw, you're extremely welcome! :hug::hug: (I just fixed up a small error I caught in the main header and edited it back in -- just wanted to let you know in case you saved the first version already!)

One slot open! ❤️

• Like 1

Eva!! I'm here with the Deamus request we talked about! :hug:

Story and Author Name, including link: Silky Blue
Graphic type/dimensions: 700 x 150
What you'd like on the graphic: Alfred Enoch as Dean Thomas and Devon Murray as Seamus Finnigan (ideally out of uniform and clean-shaven). If you need to make one of them the focus, pick Dean, since he's the narrator. I'm fairly flexible with what I want on the banner, but here are some ideas — a church in a leafy tree-y area; something wedding-related, maybe the fruit cake or butterfly cakes mentioned; something funeral-related; something Ireland-related — the only must-have is that blue needs to feature, because the one-shot focuses on blue silk. :P (Think Ravenclaw/royal blue for the particular shade I'm thinking of.)

Thanks so much, you're the best! :wub:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@apondinabluebox I'm so so so sorry this took so long -- things got in the way and then I had a lot of trouble figuring out what I wanted to do with this! 😭 Please feel free to not use the banner, if it's not to your liking! 💛

77407590_silkybluebannerforisobel.png.2592a2a2f192b230a9f41f1f675da250.png

I'll also open this up for another request even though Isobel hasn't picked this up / requested changes yet, because I feel so bad that this took so long. 😅 So one slot open!

• Like 1

Hey Eva! Hoping I could request a signature set now that the house cup is over, I think i need a new one!

Graphic type/dimensions: signature set, not sure of the sizes but just the standard ones!

Sites you intend to use the graphic on: Just HPFT

What you'd like on the graphic: Maybe ShazaLupin on the signature? Remus? And tonks if she fits? Colours would just be happy, like a relaxed mood! Yellow, purple, that kind of thing. Not too fussy about what else is on there, maybe books, magical items?  

I hope this is okay, if its too vague let me know! Thank you in advance! 

• Like 2

@ShazaLupin Shaza! :hug: Just wanted to double-check -- do you want movie!Remus or would you prefer a fancast?

36 minutes ago, just.a.willow.tree said:

@ShazaLupin Shaza! :hug: Just wanted to double-check -- do you want movie!Remus or would you prefer a fancast?

Movie remus is perfect, thank you! :wub:

• Like 1