News Ticker

singmetothesun

singmetothesun

Hi! :twothumbsup:

So my work on here is Harry Potter only, though my AO3 and FF.Net pages have other fandoms. 
I write Next-Gen, and although all of my work is listed under Cursed Child, a lot of my oneshots especially can be read alone as Next-Gen.

ONESHOTS 
(in chronological order)

She Softly Guides
Mother's Day 2019 is Astoria's last with her family, little do any of them really know. Scorpius is home from Hogwarts for the weekend to spend time with her. Malfoy family fluff and a helping of Astoria love and appreciation.

- Just Try 
It's the worst day of Scorpius' life; he must say goodbye to his mother. Thank Merlin Albus is there to help him through it.

- Before I Come Undone
Albus and Scorpius have returned home safely from time, but they are by no means unscathed. Post-Cursed Child.

- A True Ally
Scorpius gets a bit obsessed with a Muggle Studies project and it's driving Albus insane. His savior arrives in the form of a small first year seeking solace from her own House. Written for "The Millennials Ruin Everything Challenge." 
CURRENTLY AWAITING VALIDATION

- Well isn't this Wizzo? 
"Wait, what do you mean you brought dinner? How did you know I wouldn't have started cooking anything?"
"I figured you'd be too worked up to cook."

Scorpius is late home from work and a little mischief ensues. Post-Hogwarts.

# # #

CURRENT WIPs

all of the steps that led me to you
Hidden in a box deep in a drawer by Scorpius' bed is a collection of letters written to Albus. Letters that will never be sent or read, yet Scorpius has kept them all the same. Sometimes it's impossible to convey one's feelings face-to-face, and certainly harder to let go of. Especially when the subject is one's best friend who most definitely does not reciprocate... Right?
Letter fic. 5 chapters as of 15/04/2019

- anything I do for you is worth it
Albus and Scorpius want to go on holiday together in the summer before their seventh year. With their history of running into trouble, they're given the go-ahead on one condition: that they will adhere to security procedures to ensure their safety. But a dark threat looms, one that could well and truly tear them apart.
Novella.  One chapter as of 15/04/2019

# # #

OTHER FANDOMS I HAVE WRITTEN FOR:
- Supernatural
- Thunderbirds
- Primeval

# # #

Feel free to ask me any Qs about my writing!

Jerri
x

Edited by singmetothesun
changing name

Hi Kate,

I was interested to read on your Profile that you had climbed Mt. Vesuvius and had spent time studying rocks.  Any chance that these activities will find their way into your stories (Scorpius and Albus take a vacation in Italy and visit Pompeii)?

Which other canon characters besides the ones you have already written intrigue you?  Do you see yourself eventually writing a wide variety of characters,  or will you be exploring your favorites in more depth?

It's nice to have you back among us!

Vicki

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oregonian said:

Hi Kate,

I was interested to read on your Profile that you had climbed Mt. Vesuvius and had spent time studying rocks.  Any chance that these activities will find their way into your stories (Scorpius and Albus take a vacation in Italy and visit Pompeii)?

Which other canon characters besides the ones you have already written intrigue you?  Do you see yourself eventually writing a wide variety of characters,  or will you be exploring your favorites in more depth?

It's nice to have you back among us!

Vicki

Hi Vicki, thank you so much for dropping by! :loveshower:

I'm a bit of a rock geek, hehe! To be completely honest, I have thought about it but I've been purposely putting it off, literally because it would be straight from my own experience and I would hate for it to come across as plain self-insert/self-projection kind of thing. You know, me making them do it just because I have. That doesn't mean I've entirely ruled it out (especially with Scorpius' love of History), I'm just very conscious of it. Does that make sense?

As far as other canon characters intriguing me, probably Charlie Weasley as we really don't hear much about him at all and I have a soft spot for dragons. There is so much potential to explore with his character.

I'm slowly working on expanding my own writing to include other characters (especially the Next Gen Weasley kids). I have a heavy focus on Albus and Scorpius to get the hang of their characters and how they tick in my stories (because they are my faves), and once I'm comfortable with them, I really want to start building my own little universe with my headcanons, and sampling other characters. 

Having said that, I will absolutely still be exploring my faves in more depth too! They will still be central to a lot of my stories and so I will want to keep writing them to keep their characters fresh in my mind. 

I hope that answers some of your questions! 
Thank you again!:cheering:
xox

Yes, it makes total sense.  One doesn't want to go overboard with including aspects of one's personal knowledge if one ends up turning the character into a mirror of oneself, but we can have the character encounter things that we are quite familiar with, thus making the story realistic and colorful by inclusion of specific details and scenes, and lifting it out of the ordinary scenes that we have already read countless times.

So I say "Go for it."  There must be a way to get Scorpius to Stonehenge (his childhood home is near there) or Italy (British wizards are always vacationing in Italy, I have observed. :P)

So nice to chat with you.

Vicki

• Thanks 1

Hi Kate! I thought I'd stop by your shiny new writer's journal with some questions!

1. What is it about the Cursed Child that you love so much? Was it love at first sight?

2. Who do you enjoy writing more, Albus or Scorpius?

3. What fanfictions are you loving at the moment?

4. What are you working on at the moment? Any sneak peeks?

5. Would you rather vomit slugs every time you ate cake OR have your farts sound like a Mandrake?

6. What song best suits Albus and Scorpius' relationship?

7. What has been your favourite thing about HPFanficTalk so far?

Bye! :hug: 

• Like 1

Hi Bianca! 
Thank you for stopping by! Okay, we may need to do this in two parts - are you ready for an essay? XD

1. What is it about the Cursed Child that you love so much? Was it love at first sight?
With the script, no, but absolutely yes watching the play itself! It was too weird reading the script because of course, it doesn't read like a novel - there's no meat to it! However, when I finally got to see the play last November, I was absolutely blown away! I could connect with every single character on the stage, I laughed and I cried, and I gasped a lot in shock because I forgot lots of the important details (100% worth it)!! I instantly fell in love with both Albus and Scorpius, and I was so happy to see BOOK GINNY, and the pure magic of the show itself is so addicting. Plus, it gives sooooooo much to us writers for fic ideas! 

2. Who do you enjoy writing more, Albus or Scorpius?
You love the tough questions don't ya? I'm not sure if I can answer that! I've written them both and their minds work differently even if they are quite similar, but I genuinely love it when I'm writing either of them. I think I've actually written Albus more? I'm not actually sure. I usually go with whichever point of view fits with the story idea, and more often than not I end up writing the other POV in too somewhere. I think I identify with Albus' moods and his insecurities more, so I enjoy writing his internal thoughts more, but I love writing Scorpius' physical things more - like his clumsiness and things. Does that make sense?

3. What fanfictions are you loving at the moment?
- Set Fire to our Homes by frombluetored (and the previous work in that series )
- Wildcard by parseltonquinq (Muggle AU but honestly it's the absolute best!)
- Sweeter Than Fiction & Ten Feet Tall by LittleRose13

all links rated M

4. What are you working on at the moment? Any sneak peeks?
Yes! I'm currently working on a request for someone on Twitter, who has given me the following prompt:  Bullying that goes too far resulting in an injured Albus and a very peeved off Scorpius who then scares the bullies. I'll post a sneak peek below this!

5. Would you rather vomit slugs every time you ate cake OR have your farts sound like a Mandrake?
Hahahahaha OH MY DAYS *wheezes* RIGHT OKAY. Umm, probably the farts because no matter what noise they make it is preferable over vomiting slugs any day. Fear of vomiting is a thing, right?

6. What song best suits Albus and Scorpius' relationship?
This is so hard because I have a few playlists of songs for them that I listen to while I write (not made by me). 
A few standouts:
- the words by Christina Perri
- TALK ME DOWN by Troye Sivan 
- Kiss the Boy by Keiynan Lonsdale
- valentine by atlas

There's probably also better ones out there that I haven't found yet!

7. What has been your favourite thing about HPFanficTalk so far?
Exploring the site, finding things I want to participate in, discovering new authors and stories. I love the community feel, especially when getting to review others' stories and getting cheered on through challenges. I'm sad I haven't found it sooner!

Edited by galadriel
added mature rating to the links
  • Like 1

SNEAK PEEK!
from I'll Walk That Line. 

Prompt: Bullying that goes too far resulting in an injured Albus and a peeved off Scorpius who scares the bullies.
Requested by @/TheDeeWhoLived on Twitter.

Spoiler

Scorpius was not one for losing his temper, it just didn’t happen. Being of a nervous disposition he was a bit of a people-pleaser, always keeping his head down and never quick to anger. Any ill feelings he held toward other people were internalized, obsessed over, and simply allowed to drift past him into the breeze. That was what he told himself anyway.

But everyone has a breaking point.

Scorpius Malfoy’s breaking point started on the day he woke up to the sounds of vomiting from the dormitory bathroom. A quick glance over to the next bed confirmed his suspicions and with a sad sigh, he grabbed his wand and padded over towards the noise. 

Albus Potter wasn’t dealing very well. They were both having nightmares most if not every night anyway, but his best friend was utterly falling apart. Students all around the castle seemed to think they were completely clued in on the incident with Delphi and made their feelings about it perfectly clear to them in the corridors or anywhere they were seen. Albus was a nervous wreck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I forgot to update this while I've been working on a request! The same work from above except it's now complete and up on the archives! 

I'll Walk That Line (M) HPFT | AO3
Advisories: Eating Disorder, Language, Violence, Spoilers for Harry Potter and the Cused Child.

Excerpt: 

Upon entering the bathroom, he summoned a flannel from the towel rack and ran it under the cold tap before squeezing the excess moisture from it. Albus was hunched over the toilet in one of the stalls, dry heaving after seemingly emptying what little contents of his stomach he had. Scorpius knelt down behind him, his wand clattering to the floor nearby and began rubbing his back, applying the cold flannel to the back of his neck beneath his jet black hair.

“Scorp?” Albus asked quietly, his voice a little hoarse.

“I’m here.”

Albus let out what sounded like a sob before collapsing back against him. Scorpius instinctively moved his arms to surround his back and chest, taking his weight and allowing Albus to rest his head against his collar bone. He reached up to stroke his friend’s forehead first with his hand before replacing it with the cool flannel, gently dabbing at his blazing skin.

“I’m sorry,” Albus whispered.

Scorpius shushed him, using his free hand to rub up and down his arm soothingly. Swallowing the lump in his throat he rested his chin on his friend’s shoulder, receiving comfort as well as providing. Albus didn’t deserve this, made to feel so anxious he was physically sick. He would barely eat during the day, fall asleep in lessons resulting in detentions, and then barely sleep at night. It just wasn’t fair. Albus also refused to go to the Hospital Wing whenever Scorpius suggested it. He’d let the matter go, but he was beginning to think he should just drag his best friend up there anyway. This couldn’t keep on happening. Albus was going to end up in St Mungo’s if they weren’t careful.

WIP SNEAK PEEK! 

Synopsis: During the Cursed Child play we see the reactions of the adults to Albus and Scorpius' disappearance, but what about those left behind at Hogwarts? Explores Lily Luna and James Sirius Potter a bit more, plus some Next-Gen Weasley family fluff. There will also be angst, I promise!
Rating: Content Below is G/All, might be T in the future.

September 1st 2020

Lily Potter was frantic. Unable to sit still, she was constantly fidgeting and glancing from the doors to the other side of the Great Hall. The Slytherin table was obviously missing two occupants. Albus was normally hard to spot on his own but the distinct white-blond hair of his best friend was not. They were definitely not here.

“Lu, calm down!” James said unhelpfully from her right. “Rosie saw them both on the train. He and Scorpius probably missed the last carriage or something and they’re having to walk. That happened to Dad once.”

Lily elbowed him. “You’re a Prefect, go look for him!”

“And there are Slytherin Prefects too. Craig will sort it, it’s fine!” 

But it wasn’t fine. Albus and Scorpius always sat in the same places every meal time, about three-quarters of the way along their house table, always with their backs to the Gryffindors. Lily didn’t know Scorpius as well as she’d like but he seemed really lovely. It wasn’t hard to overhear comments certain students spread around the castle, even her own year. Lily felt sorry for him. As for Albus, she missed him terribly. Ever since he’d started Hogwarts Al has changed somewhat, become withdrawn and sullen. It was only when she came to school herself that she’d seen why. He was bullied for being different and she hated it.

• Like 1

OH MY DAYS!! 

Some amazing news - I won MAY Hufflepuff Story of the Month!!! :cheering:
Title: She Softly Guides (+Here)
Rating: All
Summary: Mother's Day 2019 is Astoria's last with her family, little to do any of them really know. Scorpius is home from Hogwarts for the weekend to spend time with her. Malfoy Family fluff and some Astoria love and appreciation!
Nominated by @victoria_anne - ALL OF THE LOVE TO YOU MY FRIEND💕💕💕

#

ALSO
I'm a Head Student this month! 
"Our second Head Student of the month has only joined recently, but she's been leaving and offering reviews from the get-go, is incredibly friendly, can be found literally anywhere on the site and has in no-time at all become a member of their House which they can't do without anymore! Such an impression can't be overlooked, so give it up for...RoRoWeasley!"

This is honestly incredible - I've been on this site for a month!!!
A massive thank you to everyone who has been engaging with me and my stories! :hug::loveshower:

BIG LOVE X

HPFT SotM.png

HPFT Head Student.png

Edited by RoRoWeasley
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

WIP SNEAK PEEK! 

Title: Sunshine
Summary: Albus and Scorpius have a lazy Sunday morning.
Rating: M (sneak peek content below is T)

This is already up on AO3 (rating M), currently in the HPFT archive queue! Contains sexual content.

If there was one thing Albus loved more than anything else in the world, it was the gradual rousing from a deep sleep. That contentment as your brain processes the glorious recognition of comfort, warmth, and peace. That sensation of not wanting to move for the rest of your life because you are so perfectly sprawled under the duvet, so wonderfully entwined with your lover that time could just stop. A riot could break out in the next room and it wouldn’t disturb you.

Albus Potter-Malfoy wasn’t a morning person, not by any stretch, but snoozing for a few lazy hours on the few days his husband didn’t have to be at work was simply the best thing ever. Right at that moment, with Scorpius entangled neatly around him and his soft breathing tickling Albus’ neck, Albus felt like the luckiest guy in the world. His man would sleep for a while still, having not returned from a late shift at St Mungo’s until after 4am.

Behind his eyelids he could sense the soft daylight drifting in through the curtains, along with the soothing monotony of the London traffic mixed with scattered birdsong. He breathed in deeply, relaxing further into the warm arms surrounding him, stroking skin absentmindedly.

“Morning,” came the slightly muffled voice, his favourite voice. Albus would’ve jumped out of his skin if he hadn’t been so utterly nonchalant. Instead, he entwined their fingers, raising them so he could gently press his lips against them.

• 3 months later...

Hello!! It's been a while since I've updated here. 
I have quite a few little bits of writing to share, yey!:D

- Nothing to Lose
Summary: Astoria is harbouring a secret, one that she cannot keep from Draco any longer. Written for Drastoria Fest on Tumblr. 
Rating: M
Link: AO3 | HPFT
This work was selected for the August 2019 Fic Night! Catch it here.:D Huge thanks to @TidalDragon for organising and hosting!! 

- all of the steps that led me to you, Chapter 7
Summary: Hidden in a box deep in a drawer by Scorpius’s bed is a collection of letters written to Albus. Letters that will never be sent or read, yet Scorpius has kept them all the same. Sometimes it’s impossible to convey one’s feelings face-to-face, and certainly harder to let go of, especially when the subject is one’s best friend who most definitely does not reciprocate. Right?
Rating: T

- Sunflowers
Summary: England is in the midst of a heatwave and Scorpius isn’t handling it very well. Post-Hogwarts domestic Scorbus fluff.

- Nobody Knows
Summary: Harry Potter split apart two best friends and Scorpius is struggling to cope. TW for self-harm and depression.
Rating: M - self-harm.
This work is a current site-wide featured story for September 2019.

#

!BRAND NEW STORY ALERT!
Head-Above-Water-HPFT.jpg
Title: Head Above Water
Summary: Life is sweet, perfect even, for Albus and Scorpius. Both on track within their favoured professions, living together in London, pretty solid financially, and have a bucket list of things to achieve (well, Scorpius does anyway). Oh, and they’re also planning their wedding. What could possibly go wrong?
Link: AO3 | (currently in the HPFT queue!)

SNEAK PEEK! 
[Rated T]

As she settled herself on the bed Albus headed out the room, along the corridor and down the three steps into the kitchen-diner-sitting area. Scorpius was busying himself about the kitchen, half-dressed in his Healer robes, singing away to himself and evidently having no idea Albus was watching him with a fond look on his face.

The blond twirled on one foot, his wand brandished above his head, before his eyes met his fiancé’s and he jumped a full four feet backwards.

“Albus!” he exclaimed, a little too surprised to see his fiancé out of bed so early. The real reason became apparent, however, as there came a bang from the direction of the bedroom and Ignotus came careening across the tiled floor.

Covered in multi-coloured glitter.

Albus fixed Scorpius an incredulous look before guffawing with laughter, having to bend double before collapsing to the floor, unable to control the fit of pure mirth. Iggy came and settled on his chest, apparently seeking comfort, but upon Albus stroking her and his hand coming away spotted with bright colours, he only giggled louder.

Yes, Scorbus have a tabby Manx cat called Ignotus! :D 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My brand new Scorbus story is starting to pop up! Chapters One & Two are up on the Archive! 

Title: Head Above Water 
Links: AO3 | HPFT
Summary: Life is sweet, perfect even, for Albus and Scorpius. Both on track within their favoured professions, living together in London, pretty solid financially, and have a bucket list of things to achieve (well, Scorpius does anyway). Oh, and they’re also planning their wedding. What could possibly go wrong?

Category: Harry Potter Universe - Cursed Child
Main Characters: Albus Severus Potter, Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter, James Sirius Potter, Lily Luna Potter, Scorpius Malfoy. 
Advisories: Derogatory Language, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Violence
Genre: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance.

Chapter One
A glitter explosion, a cat fight, and an attack. Not necessarily in that order.

Chapter Two
Albus' work day at the OSRC and Scorpius gets a worrying Patronus.

Sneak Peek of Chapter Two (Rated T)

He sat down at his desk, which was one of only a few around the office. Desks were optional you see, and OSRC employees were encouraged to make their individual space like their own personal sanctuary. There were rumours that Newt Scamander had wanted to ban all office-related things upon setting up the place in the 80s, but it was essentially impossible, not when there were case studies to file and progress charts to keep. You still needed admin to ensure the place ran smoothly.

Albus’ workspace was about fifteen square feet. As well as a desk and chair, filing drawers and trays, there was a sofa, some bean bags, a music stereo, pictures dotted about on the partitions (him and Scorpius, him and Elpis, him and his family, to name a few), Quidditch posters, articles about creature discoveries his Aunt Luna had made and past issues of The Quibbler. On his desk was a small stack of paperwork containing notes about Healing charms and potions from St Mungo’s, as well as atmospheric charm guides from the Ministry. A selection of Muggle fidget toys also lay there which were gifts from Scorpius, essentially bits of metal and plastic that you could occupy your hands with. Albus could definitely see the appeal.

He scribbled a note to Paul and sent it on its way, letting him know he was in and would be shortly on his way. With a flick of his wand the stereo hummed into life, a playlist Lily had helped him compile as a sort of morning chill-out atmosphere. Taking another sip of coffee, he seated himself down on one of the green beanbags, his eyes drifting to one of the many pictures of him and Scorpius and he smiled.

Edited by RoRoWeasley

• 8 months later...

Hi hi, Kate! :hug: I can't believe I haven't stopped by here sooner! You write such sweet, heartwarming Scorbus stories and Malfoy family stories, so I wanted to pop on by and ask you a couple questions!

1. Are you working on anything at the moment?

2. I remember, way back when I came back to the site after a hiatus, @victoria_anne recommended to me She Softly Guides, which was one of the first fics that I read upon my return, and the very first fic that I read by you! So I have a huge soft spot for that story, and I wanted to ask -- does the inspiration for the characterizations of the Malfoys in that story stem directly from Cursed Child? Or do you have a slightly differing headcanon for what they would be like?

3. Who is your favorite character in the Malfoy family and why? (May as well include Albus Potter in the mix, since he's gonna be a part of that family eventually, right? :P)

Thank you for writing such wonderful stories! ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2020 at 10:47 PM, just.a.willow.tree said:

Hi hi, Kate! :hug: I can't believe I haven't stopped by here sooner! You write such sweet, heartwarming Scorbus stories and Malfoy family stories, so I wanted to pop on by and ask you a couple questions!

1. Are you working on anything at the moment?

2. I remember, way back when I came back to the site after a hiatus, @victoria_anne recommended to me She Softly Guides, which was one of the first fics that I read upon my return, and the very first fic that I read by you! So I have a huge soft spot for that story, and I wanted to ask -- does the inspiration for the characterizations of the Malfoys in that story stem directly from Cursed Child? Or do you have a slightly differing headcanon for what they would be like?

3. Who is your favorite character in the Malfoy family and why? (May as well include Albus Potter in the mix, since he's gonna be a part of that family eventually, right? :P)

Thank you for writing such wonderful stories! ❤️

Hi Eva! Apologies for only just seeing this 😅 I was coming here to post an update! Thank you so much for your questions :D 

1. I'm not writing anything Harry Potter related right now, but I am still writing! I'm currently revisiting some of my older stories from another fandom and busy with those - currently added three more chapters after two years, and spending lots of time rejigging plot ideas :P  I'm sure I'll be back to Harry Potter soon though!

2. Oh wow, what a great question! :D I think my characterisations of the Malfoys do stem from Cursed Child. My Astoria is based upon the brief mentions we get of her in the play by Scorpius and Draco - it's clear they very much love and treasure her but so she was also a blank slate to work with. I think Draco could even be considered to be out of character - seen as a loving father by both Scorpius and Astoria rather than what we know of him from the books. But in Cursed Child there are vulnerable moments from him which I've taken inspiration from, so Draco in this story is not necessarily how he sees himself. Scorpius is Scorpius, though I think I've aged him down purposefully in his personality (in the play he's portrayed by one actor who is usually always mid-twenties so it's sometimes odd to equate their interpretations with Scorpius' actual age of thirteen - does that make sense?).

3. If we're including Albus then both Albus and Scorpius 😂 But for different reasons! Albus' character really speaks to me, from the way he's a bit an outsider within his own family, and the way he realises his own place in the universe and that it's okay to be different, to how his heart is always in the right place even if he doesn't always have a braincell (case in point - jumping off the Hogwarts Express to go and find an elusive time-turner to make his father less guilty over Cedric and essentially prove he's a Potter). Albus is full of angst, yet creative and sarcastic and full of love, but he also really struggles to express himself. Scorpius is a clumsy af bookworm who wears his heart on his sleeve. People have their own opinions of him which aren't true but they heavily weigh on him, and he has to constantly prove he's HIM and not his family legacy. Both Albus and Scorpius go through challenges that test their characters and loyalties to each other but ultimately lead them to the best versions of themselves. 

❤️ 

WRITING UPDATE

Hello everyone! It's been way too long since I updated this so here's the list of all my writing updates since the last time I posted - there's a lot and for several fandoms!!

- all of the steps that led me to you Chapter 8
Fandom:
Harry Potter & the Cursed Child
Summary: Hidden in a box deep in a drawer by Scorpius’s bed is a collection of letters written to Albus. Letters that will never be sent or read, yet Scorpius has kept them all the same. Sometimes it’s impossible to convey one’s feelings face-to-face, and certainly harder to let go of, especially when the subject is one’s best friend who most definitely does not reciprocate…Right?
Rating: T-M
Link: AO3 | HPFT
Chapters:
8. September 2020

- Kiss The Boy
Fandom
: Harry Potter & the Cursed Child
Summary: Scorpius is staying at the Potter household for Christmas Eve and definitely not pining for his best friend.
Advisories: Sexual content

- No Luck or Love
Fandom:
Harry Potter & the Cursed Child
Summary: Post-Blanket Scene. Albus can't stay in the house another minute and there's someone who wants to comfort him.
Rating: T

- circuit's dead there's something wrong
Fandom: WtFOCK (SKAM Belgium)
Summary: Robbe has been bottling everything up and is carrying a huge emotional weight on his shoulders. Tuesday 10th December 2019 is when he finally breaks.

- mirror, mirror, haunting me 
Fandom
: SKAM France
Summary: Eliott comes home from a shift at the JM Vidéo Club to a very distressed Lucas and they have a serious talk. A precursor to a Rehab!AU that’s on the way!
Advisories: Self Harm, Substance Abuse, Eating Disorder

- you put your arms around me and I'm home
Fandom: SKAM France
Advisories: Sexual content
Summary: 

Lucas was standing over the kitchen counter, whisking together some pancake batter. He was wearing only boxers and one of Eliott’s black hoodies, whistling along to the song playing through the radio. 

A pair of arms wound their way around his waist, a chin settling on his shoulder, a mouth pressing a kiss to his temple.

“Smells gorgeous,” Eliott remarked.

“It’s not even cooking yet, how can you possibly say it smells good? It’s just milk, eggs, and flour.”

“I meant you.” 

OR: a day in the life of domestic Elu and a bit of smut because why not. Post Season 6!

- The Safest Place on Earth 
Fandom: N/A - Original Fiction/Poetry
Summary: Collection of my original poems. Rated for safety due to current and upcoming content.
Advisories: Anxiety, Depression, Self Harm, Substance Abuse, Suicide, 
Link: HPFT

- be my constant
Fandom
: SKAM France
Summary: When they broke up, Alexia said she might give Arthur another chance one day. Picks up from the end of Vendredi 19h06 (season 6 finale).
Link: AO3

- The Safest Place on Earth 
Fandom: N/A - Original Fiction/Poetry
Summary: Collection of my original poems. Rated for safety due to current and upcoming content.
Advisories: Anxiety, Depression, Self Harm, Substance Abuse, Suicide, 
Link: HPFT
Chapters:
1. The Safest Place on Earth 
2. Beneath the Heap 
3. What She Wants Most

- Second Thoughts 
Fandom: Thunderbirds
Summary: Alan was promised that if he finished the school year with good enough grades he’ll be home educated next semester and allowed full-time involvement with International Rescue. But will spending time with his brothers and their Thunderbirds put him off? And are his brothers willing to have him as part of the team despite Alan’s rescue performances?
Rating: All 
Link: AO3FF Net 
Chapters:
5. John

- Recovery
Summary: Four months on and the Tracys are now (almost) a complete family again; everything is how it should be and their future is looking bright. But Scott's life is in danger and their newly found solid ground is about to crumble. Sequel to Trouble. Movie-verse, pre-IR.
Advisories: Mild Violence 
Link: AO3 | FF Net
Chapters:
8. Family Isn't Always Blood
9. The Agony of Waiting

Current Projects:

• Finish off Second Thoughts - just the final chapter to go!
  • Continue on with Recovery so my main plot can happen :D 

Other News:

• I changed my username from Ro-RoWeasley to singmetothesun 💩
  • I placed as finalist for Best Niche Author in the 2020 FROGS Awards for my Scorbus work 😱 
  • Two of my stories placed Runner Up in the 2020 Golden Chalices for Best Non-Romantic Relationship 😱 
  • Two more of my stories were nominees in the 2020 Golden Chalices for Best Light Fic 😱
  • I placed 2nd in @Ineke and @crowsb4bros "The Millennials Ruin Everything" Challenge!😱
  • spacer.png
  • Award Graphic by @crowsb4bros
  • I'm also a Puff Prefect on here, yey!! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

WRITING UPDATE

Hello everyone, I'm back with an Autumn update! I've been keeping busy and my muse has been playing. I'm moving house this week which is insane, and I'm also on a full-time course Mon-Thurs.

Oh, and Second Thoughts is FINISHED! Six chapters and six years later! 🤩

FIC UPDATES

- it's gonna take a bit of work
Fandom: SKAM France
Summary: Eliott's in a bad place and hurtful words are said. Lucas flees and Eliott is alone. It's one of the really bad days.
Rating: M
Advisories: Mild injury, suicidal ideation. 
Link: AO3 | FF Net
WIP or Oneshot: oneshot, 3674 words

- Second Thoughts 
Fandom: Thunderbirds
Summary: Alan was promised that if he finished the school year with good enough grades he’ll be home educated next semester and allowed full-time involvement with International Rescue. But will spending time with his brothers and their Thunderbirds put him off? And are his brothers willing to have him as part of the team despite Alan’s rescue performances?
Link: AO3 | FF Net
Chapters:
6. Alan
*NOW COMPLETE*

- Recovery
Summary: Four months on and the Tracys are now (almost) a complete family again; everything is how it should be and their future is looking bright. But Scott's life is in danger and their newly found solid ground is about to crumble. Sequel to Trouble. Movie-verse, pre-IR.
Chapters:
10. A Rude Awakening
WIP

- TAG Drabbles
Fandom: Thunderbirds (Thunderbirds Are Go! 2015) 
Summary: A collection of TAG-related drabbles and oneshots to help me get to know the boys.
Advisories: None 
Chapters:
1. Icarus - Alan
2. The Long Reach Parts 1 & 2 - Alan

WIP

IN THE WORKS

So a week ago I was contacted by a reader with a request! My muse ran with it and so it's going to become a thing which is awesome! It's going to be within the Thunderbirds universe and it'll definitely be a multi-chapter. I'm super excited to have another story to work on 🤩

Title: Lead Me to the Light
Fandom: Thunderbirds (Thunderbirds 2004 Movie) 
Summary: Alan isn't okay. There's a storm behind his eyes that's threatening to tear them all apart. Can his family save him in time?
Advisories: Suicide, self-harm, mild violence. 

WIP

Stay tuned for teasers!

• 1 month later...

WRITING UPDATE 

FIC UPDATES / NEW POSTS

- Recovery
Link: AO3 | FF Net
Chapters:
11. A Pressing Matter
WIP

- A New Normal
Summary: They should have known it wasn’t going to be a smooth transition once Dad was back. It all hits home for Alan one sleepless night when he seeks out Scott.
*COMPLETE - ONESHOT*

- One Of Those Days 
Summary: Nothing was going right for Virgil. Nothing.
Advisories: Mild injuries
*COMPLETED ONESHOT*

IN THE WORKS

Still my current requested WIP "Lead Me to the Light" along with Chapter 12 of Recovery :D 

Title: Lead Me to the Light
Fandom: Thunderbirds (Thunderbirds 2004 Movie) 
Summary: Alan isn't okay. There's a storm behind his eyes that's threatening to tear them all apart. Can his family save him in time?
Advisories: Suicide, self-harm, mild violence. 

WIP

• BellaLestrange87 changed the title to singmetothesun
  • 4 weeks later...

WRITING UPDATE 

Hello 2021 🎉 
Woah, it's been a fun month!! I've already clocked over 25,000 written words in the first 29 days, 13,000 of which are up and posted already!

Posted Fic Updates / New Posts:

- Recovery
Link: AO3 | FF Net | FFT
Chapters:
12. A Much-Needed Break (updated Dec 2020)
13. Grief and Joy (updated Jan 2021)
WIP

- Lead Me to the Light
Summary: Alan isn't okay. There's a storm behind his eyes that's threatening to tear them all apart. Can his family save him in time? Movieverse.
Advisories: Suicidal ideation, self-harm and mild violence. 
Chapters:
0. Prologue (updated Dec 2020)
1. Chapter One (updated Jan 2021)
WIP

IN THE WORKS

Prompts hidden because of potentially triggering words (WHUMP-RELATED)

Spoiler

Febuwhump 2021 - 28 Prompts for 28 Days

DAY 1: ALT 3 – Coma

DAY 2: “I can’t take this anymore”

DAY 3: imprisonment

DAY 4: impaling

DAY 5: “take me instead”

DAY 6: insomnia

DAY 7: poisoning

DAY 8: “hey, hey, this is no time to sleep”

DAY 9: buried alive                                                  

DAY 10: ALT 9 - gunpoint 

DAY 11: hallucinations 

DAY 12: ALT 8 - allergies

DAY 13: hiding injury                                            

DAY 14: “I didn’t mean it”

DAY 15: “run. Don’t look back.”

DAY 16: broken bones 

DAY 17: field surgery

DAY 18: “I can’t see”

DAY 19: sleep deprivation 

DAY 20: betrayal                                                       

DAY 21: torture

DAY 22: burned & ALT 4 identity reveal                 

DAY 23: ALT 6: “don’t try to pin this on me” & ALT 5 hostage situation

DAY 24: memory loss 

DAY 25: car accident                                                

DAY 26: recovery 

DAY 27: “I wish I had never given you a chance”

DAY 28: “you have to let me go”

• 11 months later...

I genuinely cannot believe I didn't post a single update in here for the rest of 2021 😭 

STAY TUNED FOR A 2021/2022 UPDATE 😊

• Like 1

We certainly will stay tuned!  2021 was a weird year, and I'll bet a lot of people didn't write/post as much as they would have otherwise.:P

• elmo fire 1

2021 UPDATE
PART 1

I wrote for two different fandoms over 2021 so I'm splitting it up to group the two fandoms separately. 
First up - Thunderbirds

(in posting order):

- Never Alone
Summary: Global Pandemic of 2060 and Alan is forced to quarantine after contracting the virus on a trip to L.A. His family remind him that he doesn't have to go through it without help. Inspired by a Tumblr post.
Advisories: None but as it concerns a global pandemic it might be triggering. I wrote it as a means of catharsis. 
Link: AO3 | FF.Net
Chapters:
*COMPLETED - ONESHOT*

- Recovery
Chapters:
13. Grief and Joy - updated January 29th 2021
WIP

- TAG Drabbles
Summary: A collection of TAG-related dribbles and one-shots.
Advisories: References to serious injury including broken bones
Link: AO3 | FF.Net
Chapters:
3. SOS Part 2 - Gordon
WIP

- I Can Hear the Sirens (Febuwhump 2021)
Fandom: Thunderbirds / Thunderbirds Are Go! (2015)
Summary: My offering for the Febuwhump 2021 Tumblr challenge. 28 prompts for 28 days. All separate one-shots but some may be related. Lots of whump.
Rating: T-M
Advisories: Whump, heavy angst, ambiguous/open ending, blood and injury, non-graphic violence, emotional hurt, major character injury, serious injuries, vomiting, implied/referenced self-harm, scars, eating disorders, blood and violence, minor injuries, knife wounds, attempted kidnapping, head injury, hostage situations, impalement, gunshot wounds, gun violence, going against medical procedures under duress, anaphylaxis, broken bones, self-hatred, graphic descriptions, stitches, temporary blindness, parentification, implied/referenced child neglect, addiction, implied/referenced drug addiction, implied/referenced alcohol abuse/alcoholism, dysfunctional family, family issues, self-loathing, intrusive thoughts, self-sacrifice. (This is over 28 chapters, individual warnings on every chapter).
Link: AO3 | FF.Net
Chapters:

1. ALT 3 - Coma
2. "I can't take this anymore"
3. Imprisonment 
4. Impaling
5. "take me instead"
6. Insomnia
7. Poisoning
8. "hey, hey, this is no time to sleep"
9. Buried Alive
10. ALT 9 - Gunpoint
11. Hallucinations
12. ALT 8 - Allergies
13. Hiding Injury
14. "I didn't mean it"
15. "run. Don't look back"
16. Broken Bones
17. Field Surgery
18. "I can't see"
19. Sleep Deprivation
20. Betrayal
21. Torture
22. Burned + ALT 4 Identity Reveal
23. ALT 6 - "don't try to pin this on me" + ALT 5 - Hostage Situation
24. Memory Loss
25. Car Accident
26. Recovery
27. "I wish I had never given you a chance"
28. "you have to let me go"

*COMPLETED*

- Simple Pleasures
Summary: The boys enjoy some lakeside rest and recreation. 
Link: AO3 | FF.Net
*COMPLETE - ONESHOT*

- One Year
Summary: It's the beginning of a new say and Gordon takes the time to reflect on the last 12 months. Written as a celebration of my own addiction recovery.
Advisories: Emotional hurt/comfort, past drug addiction, eating disorders, implied/referenced self-harm, implied/referenced suicidal ideation, scars, injury recovery, addiction recovery.
*COMPLETE - ONESHOT*

- Lead Me to the Light
Summary: 
Chapters:
2. Chapter 1 - Updated January 2021
3. Chapter 2 - Updated 6th June 2021
WIP

Up next: brand new fandom DC Titans (TV 2018)! :cheering:

Edited by singmetothesun
  • Thumbs up 1

2021 UPDATE 
PART 2

Fandom #2:
DC Titans (TV 2018) 

(in posting order)

- everything is closing in
Fandom: Titans (TV 2018)
Summary: Conner may have been shot but Jason also needs some looking after. Set at the end of 2x06 when Conner rescues Jason.
Advisories: Jason's typical swears, PTSD, injury recovery. 
Characters: Jason Todd, Dick Grayson, Kory Anders, Donna Troy, Hank Hall, Gar Logan, Conner Kent. 
Link: AO3 | FF.Net | FFT

*COMPLETED - ONESHOT*

- where is the real me I'm lost (this just hit 300 kudos on AO3 today 🎉)
Summary: Jason is owed some apologies. 2x09 fix-it where the Titans don't leave after Dick tells them the truth about Jericho.
Advisories: Jason's typical swears, PTSD, implied/referenced self-harm, suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, minor violence.
Characters: Jason Todd, Rachel Roth, Gar Logan, Rose Wilson, Dick Grayson.
Pairings: Jason Todd/Rose Wilson
Link: AO3 | FF.Net | FFT

*COMPLETED - ONESHOT* - Though this may become a miniseries due to more scenes with the other Titans being planned by my muse.

- grab my hand I'm drowning
Summary: Bruce takes away Jason's lifeline and it's the final straw. Jason breaks. Set during 3x05.

Advisories: Jason's typical swears, Suicidal thoughts, Spoilers for 3x05.
Characters: Jason Todd, Bruce Wayne.

Link: AO3 | FF.Net
*COMPLETED - ONESHOT*

- I Won't Give Up
Summary: Gar has a question on his mind. Post-season 3 finale.
Advisories: Spoilers for season 3.
Characters: Gar Logan, Dick Grayson.
Chapters:
1. Chapter One 
WIP - only one more chapter to come.

PLANS FOR 2022

I'm still very much in a Titans fixation as Season 3 finished airing just before Christmas. I'm not going to try to complete Febuwhump again this year (it caused me severe burnout last year!) but some of the prompts are working for my muse so there may be a couple coming in February! 

See you soon!
Jerri ✌️

I had to smile when I saw where you referred to "...more scenes...being planned by my muse."  A great way to look at it.  We'll just give all the responsibility to our 'muse' (whoever she may be) and stop feeling guilty about the dry spells when we don't come up with much.  I'm with you on that!😁

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

2022 UPDATE COMING SOON

• heart eyes 1