Welcome to FanficTalk

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in events, challenges, discussions, and review swaps - or even just play games!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

FanficTalk has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • we're very excited to announce our new name: fanfictalk!
  • welcome to the new house cup year!
  • jump into the prefects' game of battleship!

Felpata_Lupin's reviews

Felpata_Lupin

Felpata_Lupin

Jill, yours is done! :)

Rhaenyra, I'll get to yours asap (thanks for requesting, btw... I needed a push to get back to your lovely story) *wub*

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Felpata_Lupin

• down-in-flames

• RonsGirlFriday

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@BookDinosaur  I've left two more reviews, and I'm loving the story more and more (I might be falling in love with Ted Tonks just a tiny bit... ) Hopefully I'll manage to come back for more soon!!!

@RonsGirlFriday  your reviews are done! A joy as always! @BookDinosaur and @juls I'll have yours asap!

@beyond the rain @starbuck @Sleepingbagonthesofa Hey, there, my loves!   Just wanted to let you all know that I haven't forgotten you... I really wanted to complete all these requests this weeken

LunaStellaCat

Author Name:  LunaStellaCat

Story Title and link: Into the Light (M)

Warnings and Advisories:(M) Strong Profanity. Sensitive Topic or Theme, Violence

Genre:  Next Generation (possibly), right after the Battle of Hogwarts.  Let’s go with “Hogwarts”, shall we? 

Length: 8220 (It’s chaptered.  This is the first chapter.)

Summary: Kingsley Shacklebolt takes his chance to drag everyone back into the light. 

Ships:Kingsley/ OC, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Neville Longbottom are featured

Areas of Concern: This is my first long-chaptered story that I’m dedicating myself to for a while. I know you do one chapter at a time.  And the formatting is messed up.  I’m working on fixing that techie problem.  Anything, really. Actually,  it’s not messed up on HPFF.  Have a go.  

poppunkpadfoot

hi chiara! this is a little dark, i hope that's okay.

Story and Author Name: October 31st (M) by poppunkpadfoot

Warnings and Advisories: Contains profanity, violence, sensitive topic/issue/theme

Era: marauders

Genre: angst, dark/horror, action/adventure

Length: 3973 words (plus notes :P)

Summary: James and Lily Potter didn't have to die.

Ships: James/Lily, Remus/Sirius

Areas of concern: probably pacing and dialogue?

thank you!

LunaStellaCat

Oooh, may I re-request? 

Author Name:  LunaStellaCat

Story Title and link:

Hidey Hole(HPFF)

Warnings and Advisories:(T)  Sensitive Topic or Theme, Violence

Genre:  Next Generation (possibly), right after the Battle of Hogwarts.  Let’s go with “Hogwarts”, shall we? 

Length: 4200

Summary: Kaspar Williamson takes on a  new role after the end of the war. 

Ships:Kingsley Shacklebolt  Williamson, Mundungus Fletcher, Jugson

Areas of Concern: Your other review was helpful, and you seemed to like it, so I’m re-requesting.Anything really.

don't see the point in updating a summary.  ?Again, the reason I give you the HPFF link (if that's okay) is I'm still working on reformatting.  This follows "Into the Light" but I rather fell in love with Williamson, so...

• 2 weeks later...
Felpata_Lupin

Kayla, Jenn, just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about these.

I just have been quite busy with RL and I needed to give priority to the Chalices... but I promise I will get to you soon, hopefully this weekend.

Sorry for the wait and many, many hugs!

Chiara

LunaStellaCat

Story and Author Name, including link: Lenore (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Mature.  Advisories Graphic Violence (as there are injuries), Sexual Content, Hate Speech, Strong Language

Genre:  Hogwarts

Length: 7600 Words

Summary: A woman saves Alastor “Mad-Eye” Moody. 

Ships:  Alastor “Mad” Eye Moody

Areas of Concern:  So, this is a difficult character to write.  I wanted to try as it was a challenge.  I guess there are certain things like believably and characterization.  Does it move to fast as far as the pace of a romance? I didn't even mean to draft this as a romance, really.  Is it realistic?  Are there plotholes?  Does it  seem thrown together and unsatisfying? 

I deleted the other story as I didn't follow it.  If you don’t want to do this one, that’s okay.  As I say, this was hard to write and might be a chaptered fic, so input would help.  I added the A03 Link.  Please don’t be mind.  I hope I didn’t throw you off, Chiara.  Thanks.  :)

Felpata_Lupin

Kayla, yours is done (and now I need somewhere to hide and cry for an hour or two...)  :'(

Jenn... so I have to ignore your previous request and review this new one? Did I understand right? I'll probably get to it after dinner. ;)

Love and hugs

quill2parchment

Hello!  :) I was wondering if you could review chapter 3 for me since your last ones were so great!

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: In This Darkness by Quill2Parchment

HPFF: http://bit.ly/2lv2p8W (M)

Warnings and Advisories: M Sexual Context/Violence

Genre/Era: Second Generation

Length: Chapter 3: 4701 words

Summary: Seventeen year old Lily L. Potter grew up with Xander Vandenberg, the mysterious child her father brought home over ten years ago with no family and memories of his past. Now the two most discover the truths about that past and confront the darkness in it.

Ships: Lily L. Potter/ OC

Areas of Concern: Character interactions in general. Also Hugo's character.

LunaStellaCat

Author Name: LunaStellaCat

Story Title and link:  Drawn and Quartered (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a sexual nature,Violence  Sensitive topic/issue/theme, Spoilers, Rated Mature (M)

Genre:Horror/Dark, Drama

Length: 7000 words

Summary: [/b]Alastor Moody has a lot of me time on his hands and gets saved by a violinist. 

Ships: Alastor “Mad-Eye” Moody/OC, Crouch, Dumbledore

Areas of Concern: This chapter is not as romantic as the first.  You can choose not to read it.  It follows the trunk incident in Goblet of Fire as close as I could get it. Without Mad-Eye sleeping forever and ever - although there is that.  Is it realistic?  Am I even getting close to the characterization?  Plotholes. Canon inaccuracies. Whatever needs work =)

Edited by LadyL8

• 2 weeks later...
Felpata_Lupin

I'm always so slow... I'm sorry... but I promise I'll get to these ASAP *hug*

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chiara :) Can I bother you with a one-shot?

Story and Author Name, including link: Burning Secrets by DossyVilja

Warnings and Advisories: Mild violance 12+

Genre: Horror/Dark, Mystery, Angst

Length: 2615

Ships: None

Summary:

Most say your actions define your character. But others would disagree: one’s life is not determined by the things he does, but by the things he does not do. I think it’s our secrets that really make us who we are.

A Severus Snape POV.

Areas of Concern: Anything you find could be improved :) But my major concern is that I'm deviating from canon, and I'm not sure if the story still sounds realistic.

LunaStellaCat

Story and Author Name, including link: Good Mourning by LunaStellaCat

Warnings and Advisories:  Mature , Character Death, Hate Speech, Sexual Situations

Genre:  Romance/ Family

Length:  10171 Words

Summary: Lyall Lupin finds a friend just when he thinks he’s lost it all. 

Ships:  Andromeda Tonks/ Lyall Lupin and Newt Scamander/ Tina Goldstien Scamander

Areas of Concern:Anything, really.  I know this is an odd paring.  I want to see if it’s realistic or plausible.

lovegood27

Story and Author Name, including link: Remember (M) by lovegood27

Warnings and Advisories: Strong violence, Scenes of a sexual nature, Sensitive topic/issue/theme, Spoilers

Genre Drama, romance, action/adventure

Length: 3064 words (there are two chapters, the first one is 1283 words)

Summary:

The Battle of Hogwarts is beginning, and staying alive is a miracle for both Audrey and Percy. Whether it's for better or for worse has yet to be decided.

Ships: Audrey Weasley/Percy Weasley

Areas of Concern: Anything really. I haven't had any feedback on this story so far, so any thoughts and comments you have would be appreciated. I'm a bit worried about the believability, and if it flows well, but like I said before, anything is fine :)

• 2 weeks later...
Felpata_Lupin

All done! :) Both very interesting stories! ;)

I apologize, but I'll need to take a little break so that I can concentrate on reading for the FROGS. I'll let you know when I'll be available again!

Snowball hug, everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chiara, Can you take a look at my new one-shot entitled Transition? (Teen audience rated.) It's light and fluff (although Hogwarts era...) I hope it will be fine for you

Would it be possible to cros-post your review on HPFF and HPFT (the latter still needs an update after the beta read, so you should read it on HPFF)

Warnings and Advisories: Sexual Content, Spoilers, Violence

Genre: Fluff, General, Humor

Length: 3147 words

Summary:

Mafalda Prewett is an ordinary girl. Up until the point when she finds out that she is not. Being a witch born to a Muggle family is in itself extraordinary. Then she finds out that her father is from an ancient wizarding family. And that both her parents are Squibs.

Areas of Concern: Anything really. :) mostly if the characterization of Mafalda fits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Can I come back with another request? <3

I have a story I wrote for a task in the maze, and although everything was quite rushed then, I kind of likef the idea by the end, and would like to edit this one-shot to a decent piece.

Title: Two Broomriders’ Guide to the Moon. A Trilogy in Four Parts

Link: HPFT (T)

Words: 1213

Genere: Fluff, Adventure

Concerns: Does this make sense at all? Our task was to write in a setting outside Earth - I'm concerned that this is all very OOC. As this was for an Astronomy exam, I played a little with physics equations for naming the titles, is that in place, or shall I remove that with the edit. And in general, what do you think?

Thank you so much!

LunaStellaCat

*raises hand* Oooh, Chiara, me, please.  ;)

Author Name: LunaStellaCat

Story Title and link Give up the Ghost (M)

Warnings and Advisories:  Advisory (M) Warnings:  Violence, Grief and Dying, Mild Language

Genre: Drama, Romance, Young Adult

Summary:  Emmeline learns a lesson after her grandmother passes away.  Written for the Wizards Around the World Challenge:  Season 2. 

Length: There are two chapters about this.  The first chapter is 5,560 Words and it is posted on HPFT and other forums.  This is the first chapter.

Things to focus on:  This is for the Wizards Around the World Challenge, and I messed this up last time as I didn't integrate it and fold it into the story.  I tried to do some action here and move the plot, but if there are any plot holes that would be awesome.  I tried to keep this Marauder era centric.  I know I’m basically taking two OCs (This is a rewrite of a story I wrote 10 years ago.)  Is it interesting or flow well? 

LunaStellaCat

I am actually going to attempt to rewrite this.  It's  a bad, bad draft with missing potholes and doesn't make sense.  It needs works.  I am going to rewrite this, delete it off the archives and give it TLC.  So, for now, I cancel my request.  I may come back after it's ... it makes sense.  Thanks.  Sorry to  waste your time. 

Jenn