Welcome to FanficTalk

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in events, challenges, discussions, and review swaps - or even just play games!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

FanficTalk has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • we're very excited to announce our new name: fanfictalk!
  • welcome to the new house cup year!
  • jump into the prefects' game of battleship!

the spice up the archives challenge | September 15, 2020

tatapb
On 7/16/2020 at 2:34 AM, crowsb4bros said:

gamers/discord users who fall in love with each other’s online anonymous persona but want to kill each other at work

No promises, but I already started writing this to procrastinate everything else I should be writing... so a strong maybe?

• Like 3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crowsb4bros

• Raspberry_cordelia

• abhorsen.

• tinyporcelainehorses

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

🌶️✨the spice up the archives challenge✨🌶️ deadline: September 15, 2020 Hi guys! I’m supplying a list of my very specific favorite tropes and prompts to choose from. Most of them are shippy r

Lord save me from myself, I'm in.

Um wow so I strongly identify with like 5 of these prompts.  Soooo I guess this might be my first challenge?  👀

Posted Images

Aphoride

if we do a multi-chap for this, how many chapters do we need up by the deadline? (this is spawning and i don't know what to do :') ) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
kuusi palaa
On 7/16/2020 at 6:09 AM, crowsb4bros said:
On 7/15/2020 at 11:06 PM, tangents said:

just one question — what exactly would you define as "ethical pirate"? just to be safe! 😄

It’s open ended! Whatever you like! I was thinking of Inej my pirate queen rescuing stolen young girls from nefarious men. 

dang it, Paula, now all I can think about is a fic starring one Pirate!Anne Shirley...

(Count me in)

image.gif.4ff0356d262095f8be8239af81301c3a.gif

Edited by kuusi palaa
  • Haha 1
Recent Badges

• 2 weeks later...
dreamshadow

yeet here it is in it's 13000+ glory

+nights like these (m)

the delinquents go to the beach. except chaos, tons of angst, anxiety, and maaaybe some feelings. y'know. maybe ;)

• Like 2

Hawksquill

Um wow so I strongly identify with like 5 of these prompts.  Soooo I guess this might be my first challenge?  👀

• Like 3
Recent Badges

prideofprewett

I might be doing this (first challenge eep!😱🙈). I’m feeling pretty 😍 myself so maybe a shy, awkward library love story might spawn from all the feels I have.

• Like 2

crowsb4bros
17 hours ago, tinyporcelainehorses said:

My first entry is ready! It combines both "modern myth retelling" and a few shades of "vikings"

Thanks for running the challenge :)

AHHH I’m so excited! ❤️

2 hours ago, prideofprewett said:

I might be doing this (first challenge eep!😱🙈). I’m feeling pretty 😍 myself so maybe a shy, awkward library love story might spawn from all the feels I have.

:evilkermit:

page thirteen.

i still have a modern mythology retelling like, deep in my docs, but i took on crime syndicate/thieves guild instead and so i have +high stakes for you! 

• Like 1

prideofprewett

I come bearing the first chapter of my "rowdy friend group goes to the beach and feelings are realized" entry: Comfort in Chaos. I hope to have more up by the deadline :D

• Like 1

crowsb4bros

Tomorrow is the deadline! Please let me know if you’re going to need an extension. ❤️

Raspberry_cordelia

I might?  Need that extension?  Depends how fast I write today and tomorrow lol

• Like 1

Renacerá

I think I'll have a story for you tonight. I've been writing to deal with some of my emotions today and am kind of happy with how it's turning out.

• Like 2

crowsb4bros
18 hours ago, Raspberry_cordelia said:

I might?  Need that extension?  Depends how fast I write today and tomorrow lol

That's okay! Just let me know! I'll start judging on october 1!

• Like 1