Welcome to FanficTalk

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in events, challenges, discussions, and review swaps - or even just play games!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

FanficTalk has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • we're very excited to announce our new name: fanfictalk!
  • welcome to the new house cup year!
  • jump into the prefects' game of battleship!

victoria_anne's reviews

victoria_anne

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• victoria_anne

• RonsGirlFriday

• Felpata_Lupin

• pirate grumpy cat

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Bunbury, @MadiMalfoy, @grumpy cat yours are all done! @Lost_Robin I'm so honoured I'm your first requested review and I feel doubly sorry that it's taken me so long. I've been really busy this w

@starbuck @Crimson Quill @MrsDarcy your reviews are done!  

@Felpata_Lupin and @RonsGirlFriday sorry for the wait but your reviews are done! 🤗

pirate grumpy cat

story and author name, including link: homemade dynamite by grumpy cat
warnings and advisories: substance abuse, sexual content
genre: angst, drama, romance, smut
length: 2241 words
ships: teddy lupin/victoire weasley
summary: 

homemade-dynamite-b.png

you are the knife i turn inside myself
(that is love)

areas of concern: so i basically wrote this in the span of a couple of hours yesterday after not writing at all for two months and i feel rusty but also - it's a bit of a strange uhh writing? idk how to explain it because i suck at words but it's both non-linear and linear (??? is that even a thing) and idk if it's too confusing (both the story and the writing) and if the parts make up a not-nonsensical whole :kris: (oh and this is a sortof followup-adjecent thing to corrupted lungs)
current review request count: 1/5 

Edited by grumpy cat
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
pirate grumpy cat

😂

i'm backk :kris:

story and author name, including link: lingering darkness by grumpy cat
warnings and advisories: substance abuse, sexual content, suicide, domestic abuse, consent issues
genre: angst, drama, dark
length: 18 poems, total of 2407 words
ships: none
summary: 

if i could not be me
i would not
be me.

areas of concern:  :kris: this is like the first time i wrote poetry and they're all very personal so i'd love your thoughts - you can just choose one poem that interests you the most, they don't need to be read in order
current review request count: 3/5

Edited by grumpy cat

victoria_anne

@grumpy catI love that you always have so much for me to read 🥰 I bow down to you! 

I reviewed chapters 7, 8, and 9 because my reviews were kind of short!

• Like 1

RonsGirlFriday

Hi B! :couch: It looks like you have spots open?? As I suffer through my writers' block on other things, can I maybe interest you in...

Story and Author Name, including link: Simple Minds [M] by RGF
Warnings and Advisories: Slurs
Genre: AU, Drama, General
Length: 4 chapters, completed short story -- chapter 1 is 3946 words
Ships: Minor Ron/Hermione eventually
Summary:  Six wrongdoers. Six social spheres. Six stories. One horrible vice principal (hem hem!) Eight hours stuck in a room together. Ladies and gentlemen, detention is now in session. (A Breakfast Club-inspired modern AU.)

Areas of Concern: Just whatever you think. ^_^ It's a Muggle AU, so it's just a big character study (and you don't have to be familiar with The Breakfast Club to get it -- it's essentially based on the idea of kids from different social circles serving detention together for an entire day).
Current Review Request Count: 1/5 

Edited by RonsGirlFriday

victoria_anne

@RonsGirlFriday I'm sorry you're in a block 😢 If you ever want to try and talk through it, I'm here for you! You know I love your writing 🥰 And that chapter was so good! I really enjoyed it!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
RonsGirlFriday

Thank you so much for your reviews you left during Battleship. :wub: At your convenience, I'd love to hear from you on the last chapter:

Story and Author Name, including link: Simple Minds (chapter 4) [M] by RGF
Warnings and Advisories: Slurs
Genre: AU, Drama, General
Length: 4 chapters, completed short story -- chapter 4 is 3426 words
Ships: Minor Ron/Hermione
Summary:  Six wrongdoers. Six social spheres. Six stories. One horrible vice principal (hem hem!) Eight hours stuck in a room together. Ladies and gentlemen, detention is now in session. (A Breakfast Club-inspired modern AU.)

Areas of Concern: Just whatever you think. ^_^ 

la_topolina

Story and Author Name, including link: Moonlight by la_topolina
Warnings and Advisories:  Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Slurs, Substance Abuse, Suicide, Violence
Genre:  Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Length:  Chapter 6 is 4408 words (I think you were on chapter 6...)
Ships: Snape/OC
Summary:  

Lord Voldemort has at last returned in the flesh and the time has come for Severus Snape to fulfill his promise to protect Harry Potter—to the death if necessary. One summer evening, American bounty hunter Miranda Rose crashes into his life, and his precariously balanced plans start to spiral temptingly off course. But how can he make a future when he is chained to the past?

Areas of Concern: Your thoughts ❤️
Current Review Request Count: 2/5 

Edited by la_topolina

pirate grumpy cat

story and author name, including link: you're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece by grumpy cat
warnings and advisories: substance abuse, domestic abuse, suicide, sexual content
genre: angst, drama, romance, hurt/comfort, dark
length: 2624 words
ships: lily evans/sirius black
summary: 

youreripped.png

i don't need your love,
i just want a taste.

areas of concern: your thoughts. i once again wrote this quickly and that bothers me a lot and i feel like it's shit  :kris:
current review request count: 2/5 

• Like 1

RonsGirlFriday

Hi B! I know you just finished a massive review spree this weekend so I understand if you're wiped out, but whenever you might get around to it, the newest chapter of Irrational is up! ^_^ 

Story and Author Name, including link: Irrational (chapter 16) by RonsGirlFriday
Warnings and Advisories: T, none
Genre: Romance, drama, humor
Length: Chapter 16 is 6513 words
Ships: Percy/Audrey
Summary: Most people seem to judge him -- but Audrey doesn't. Most people seem not to see her -- but Percy does.

Areas of Concern: Your thoughts!

shadowycorner

Hello, may I please? :)

Story and Author Name, including link: The Silver Stag
Warnings and Advisories: T, none
Genre: Drama, Grieving, Adventure
Length: one-shot, 6726 words
Ships: Albus/Scorpius
Summary:

Harry Potter is ageing, the past is calling and silver beasts roam the forest grounds once more.

When his father goes missing on one Halloween night, Albus is desperate to find him, but he can't do it alone.

Areas of Concern: Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Edited by shadowycorner
Recent Badges

Felpata_Lupin

Hi, little B! :hug: 

In the wait of the new TSW chapter, I was wondering if you'd like to take a look to my silly time-travel fic? :P 

Story and Author Name, including link: That crazy week into the future by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Violence

Genre: Angst, AU, Drama, Humor

Length: 3 chapters and 11216 words so far. Chapter 1 is 4534 words

Ships: Mainly Jily. Eventually Wolfstar with some unrequited Peter/Remus... and possibly a hint of Romione? ;) 

Summary:

When a Charms mishap brings them eighteen years into the future, the Marauders plus Lily Evans find themselves facing truths they'd have rather stayed ignorant about.

Will they be able to get back? And how will the new knowledge influence their lives?

Areas of Concern: shake-what? :wub:

Current Review Request Count: 3/5

Felpata_Lupin

Is it too early to come back for more? :rose: 

Story and Author Name, including link: That crazy week into the future by Felpata_Lupin

Length: 3 chapters and 11216 words so far. Chapter 2 is 3520 words

Ships: Mainly Jily. Eventually Wolfstar with some unrequited Peter/Remus... and possibly a hint of Romione? ;) 

Summary:

When a Charms mishap brings them eighteen years into the future, the Marauders plus Lily Evans find themselves facing truths they'd have rather stayed ignorant about.

Will they be able to get back? And how will the new knowledge influence their lives?

Current Review Request Count: 4/5

livingfree

Story and Author Name, including link: A Spectrum of Beasts by livingfree
Warnings and Advisories: none
Genre: drama / general / family
Length: Novel (currently 1 chapter posted with 1051 words)
Ships: none
Summary: Newt Scamander had always been different, even from a young age, from other children. He had been very introspective and anxious. Follow young Newt as he begins his first year at Hogwarts while he learns to navigate the world of magic while on his own in Hufflepuff’s house without his family’s guidance. He will have to overcome obstacles that make it difficult for him to connect with his peers as he forms friendships.
Areas of Concern: none in particular. Just so,Ed feedback and love.
Current Review Request Count: 2/5 

pirate grumpy cat

story and author name, including link: lingering darkness by grumpy cat
warnings and advisories: substance abuse, sexual content, suicide, domestic abuse, consent issues
genre: angst, drama, dark
length: 33 poems, total of 4421 words
ships: none
summary: 

if i could not be me
i would not
be me.

areas of concern:  :kris: i was hoping you'd like to come back to (some of) these - pick any poem you like!
current review request count: 2/5

livingfree

Back for another review on the new Newt chapter 🥰 

Story and Author Name, including link: A Spectrum of Beasts by livingfree (FFT | AO3) 12+
Warnings and Advisories: none
Genre: drama / general / family
Length: Novel (ch 2 is up on both sites)
Ships: none
Summary: Newt Scamander had always been different, even from a young age, from other children. He had been very introspective and anxious. Follow young Newt as he begins his first year at Hogwarts while he learns to navigate the world of magic while on his own in Hufflepuff’s house without his family’s guidance. He will have to overcome obstacles that make it difficult for him to connect with his peers as he forms friendships.
Areas of Concern: Not a concern, just over all impression of the scene where Newt has a sensory overload.

Edited by livingfree

Felpata_Lupin

Back for more... :P  

Length: 3 chapters and 11216 words so far. Chapter 3 is 3162 words

Summary:

Current Review Request Count: 2/5

la_topolina

spacer.png

I'm just gonna slide right in here....

Story and Author Name, including link: Moonlight+ by la_topolina
Warnings and Advisories:  Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Slurs, Substance Abuse, Suicide, Violence
Genre:  Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Length:  Chapter 8 is 4158 words 
Ships: Snape/OC
Summary:  

Lord Voldemort has at last returned in the flesh and the time has come for Severus Snape to fulfill his promise to protect Harry Potter—to the death if necessary. One summer evening, American bounty hunter Miranda Rose crashes into his life, and his precariously balanced plans start to spiral temptingly off course. But how can he make a future when he is chained to the past?

Areas of Concern: Your thoughts ❤️

• Like 1

Felpata_Lupin

Am I still in time? :couch:  I've just posted the new chapter of TSW and I would love your thoughts... :rose: (but feel free to ignore this if you are too busy with NaNo preparation...)

Story and Author Name, including link: The snake within by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Self-Harm, Sexual Content, Slavery, Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre: Angst, AU, Drama

Length: 11 chapters and 31496 words so far (chapter 11 is 2562 words)

Ships: Remus/Peter, James/Lily, Sirius/Emmeline

Summary: 

A new school year at Hogwarts is starting for the Golden Quartet, and it doesn't look good.

As the Marauders try to pick up the pieces of a damaged friendship and Harry struggles to get used to a new family and a new identity, Neville has to deal with his resentment for a role in the wizarding world that wasn't supposed to be his and discovers that maybe there's a reason if he belongs in Slytherin.

Meanwhile something obscure is crawling, menacing the safety of the students inside the castle...

Second installment in the Jimmy Portman's AU

Areas of Concern: shake what? :hug: 

Current Review Request Count: 1/5