We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can participate in events, challenges, discussions, and review swaps - or even just play games!

Join the Forums

FanficTalk has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing and read/review other members' writing.

Join the Archive
News Ticker
welcome back to fairyland for this year's review event! the inkys are just around the corner! keep an eye out for easter eggs in fairyland!

prideofprewett reviews

prideofprewett

prideofprewett

Hiya writer friends! I am so happy to open up this thread to anyone whose looking for a review. I figured this would be a good way to get to know you all as writers and to find some interesting stories that I might not normally read through a quick search. I guess I should tell you a bit more about my reviewing style, reading preferences, and nonstarters for me, so we can determine if we’re a good fit.  :)

How I Review:

~ I am generally a positive, easily excitable person, so you can expect that sort of behavior from me online and in my reviews. I will point out the things I love and generally not comment on the things that didn’t work for me. But I may ask a question if there’s something that I just didn’t understand or if something was unclear to me. Or if I’m genuinely curious about learning more about something. Just know that the questions come from a place of curiosity and from a place of trying to understand something. It's not meant critically. 

~ I can constructively critique if you ask. I never feel comfortable just doing this without prompting because I recognize the amount of hard work it takes to write. If you're looking for that sort of critique I can give it in terms of theme, plot, characterization, and any other element of writing. I'm not a grammar queen and take a more stylistic approach to writing, so if you're looking for someone with ability to check grammar, I'm probably not your girl.  

~ I almost always comment on writing style or try to identify themes if something resonates with me. I might pull out direct lines from the text and flail and rave about them. (I’m easily excitable remember?)

~ Gushing and lots of “you gave me the feels” might transpire too if you know how to emotionally snag me. 

~ Also, I kind of review as I read, but then usually try and tie it all together at the end in a way that makes it sound somewhat coherent. 

Preferences: 

+ I prefer to read HP or OF. But if you want me to read another fandom and I don’t need a lot of context for understanding then I might consider it. Just PM me. Due to time constraints in my personal life, I probably won’t research a fandom I am not familiar with. But if you feel like no context is needed, or you want an outsider perspective then bring it on.  

+ I’ll pretty much read any genre, except horror. Extensive gore or violence isn’t really my thing, but I can handle some of that.

+ I love fringe characters, rare pairs, and OCs. Idk why, but I do. If your story has one or more of those things then I’ll be all about it. Canon main characters are wonderful too and I enjoy them too as well (duh I mean look at me getting hysterical about a certain redheaded family every ten minutes). 

Nonstarters:

- I am not a fan of in depth non con. If it’s an unwanted pursuit then fine, but I can’t handle graphic depictions of rape. Mentions or implications I can handle. But the act itself, it's too difficult for me to read.

- Same goes for anything that might graphically depict any violence towards or physical abuse of children. It's too difficult for me. Again mentions of implications of it, I should be ok.  

- Incest (although I don’t think we’re allowing that here, but just figured I'd throw it here anyway).

-Dramione, Tom Riddle, or other major villains or pairings where one of the "baddies," is a main features. I'm just not interested in these characters/pairings truthfully. 

When Requesting: 

~ To start, I'll keep three slots open. But if this proves to be too difficult then I will drop it down to two. 

~ I'll try to get to your review within a week, but two weeks seems to be the universal timeline here, so just remind me if I haven't left a review in two weeks. My memory is 💩

~ Please submit a request for one chapter at a time. Try not to take all three slots, so as to give other people a chance to submit a request ;) But if no one else has taken the other open slots within a 24 hour period then feel free to take the other two.

~ Below is the form for your convenience :) I look forward to reading all of your good stuff!  

Story and Author Name, including link: 
Warnings and Advisories: 
Genre: 
Length: 
Ships: 
Summary: 
Areas of Concern: 
Current Review Request Count: __/

• Like 2
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prideofprewett

• grumpy cat

• Felpata_Lupin

• RonsGirlFriday

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@RonsGirlFriday, @pirate grumpy cat, and @Hawksquill your reviews are finished! I love all of these stories and intend to continue them! ❤️   All 3 slots are open again!

Hiya writer friends! I am so happy to open up this thread to anyone whose looking for a review. I figured this would be a good way to get to know you all as writers and to find some interesting storie

@wicked witch of the north, your review is FINALLY up! My apologies for the delay!  I am going to be cutting back on the number of open requests now. Sorry all! I'm a constant giver who needs to

Felpata_Lupin

Oh, a new review thread? :o I can't resist... :P You don't mind if I get you started, Courtney, do you? :rose:

Story and Author Name, including link: Liar by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre: Angst, AU, Drama, Romance

Length: 10 chapters and 52467 words - chapter 5 is 5961 words

Ships: Peter/Remus, James/Lily, Remus/Dorcas, Peter/OC, hints of Sirius/Marlene

Summary: 

We were meant to be friends, Remus. You know it, as well as I do.

Two children who grew up together. Two boys struggling on their paths towards adulthood. Two men faced with darkness too thick for them to get through.

A Peter/Remus story.

Set in the All the truth about Jimmy Portman's universe.

Areas of Concern: Nothing in particular, I just thought that since you already read (and enjoyed) the first few chapters, you wouldn't mind coming back? :couch: 

Current Review Request Count: 2/5

• Like 1
grumpy cat

:dumpsterfire:

story and author name, including link: corrupted lungs by grumpy cat
warnings and advisories: substance abuse
genre: angst, drama, romance, hurt/comfort
length: 1893 words
ships: teddy lupin/victoire weasley
summary: 

spacer.png

the relief of giving in to destruction

areas of concern: your thoughts. vic is really not in a good place in this (and ..i wasn't in a particularly good place when i wrote it) and just...i don't know :kris:
current review request count: 1/5 

Edited by pirate grumpy cat
  • Like 1
prideofprewett
11 hours ago, Felpata_Lupin said:

Oh, a new review thread? :o I can't resist... :P You don't mind if I get you started, Courtney, do you? :rose:

If anything you're just keeping me on track with reading this haha! Your review is up! Remember when I said I'd be an emotional wreck in reviews? Yeah well, what a chapter to request to put that to the test, Chiara. I mean...gahh I'm invested. 9_9 Looks like I have some bedtime reading for the next few days haha. 

2/3 review slots are now open!

• Thanks 1
la_topolina

Hello! Would you mind taking a look at one of my Neville fics ❤️

Story and Author Name, including link:  Infelix Ego by la_topolina
Warnings and Advisories:  Slurs
Genre:   Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fluff, Humor
Length: Chapter 1 is 2264 words
Ships: Frank/Alice
Summary

There is only one obstacle preventing Neville from keeping his promise to Mairi the ghost.
Unfortunately, that obstacle is his Grandmother.

Areas of Concern:  Your thoughts!
Current Review Request Count: 3/5

• Like 1
prideofprewett
On 9/20/2020 at 7:50 AM, pirate grumpy cat said:

:dumpsterfire:

story and author name, including link: corrupted lungs by grumpy cat
warnings and advisories: substance abuse
genre: angst, drama, romance, hurt/comfort
length: 1893 words
summary: 

areas of concern: your thoughts. vic is really not in a good place in this (and ..i wasn't in a particularly good place when i wrote it) and just...i don't know :kris:

Jesus Kris, I feel like I should just quit writing altogether after reading this. I mean. How do you describe things? Is it magic? I probably couldn't adequately put all my thoughts into words, but your review is up! :)

2 slots open again!

Edited by prideofprewett
  • Like 1
RonsGirlFriday

Hi Courtney! Sooo over on FFN you reviewed this fic up to chapter 7 because you're AMAAAAZING and I would love to hear more from you on chapters I've posted subsequently. :wub:

Story and Author Name, including link: Must Be One of Arthur's Boys (chapter 8 ) -- here's the HPFT link -- by RGF
Warnings and Advisories: None, rated T
Genre: Drama, general, humor
Length: Chapter 8 is 1741 words
Ships: Harry/Ginny is featured in this chapter
Summary: Slices of Weasley family life through the years, featuring Arthur and his kids (and particularly the one who is the spitting image of him, in more ways than one)

Areas of Concern: Just anything 🙃
Current Review Request Count: 2/5

• Like 1
prideofprewett
On 9/20/2020 at 9:08 PM, la_topolina said:

Hello! Would you mind taking a look at one of my Neville fics ❤️

Length: Chapter 1 is 2264 words
Summary

Areas of Concern:  Your thoughts!

You had me snorting and chuckling a good bit through this one. Your review is up! :) I definitely will be reading onward

18 hours ago, RonsGirlFriday said:

Hi Courtney! Sooo over on FFN you reviewed this fic up to chapter 7 because you're AMAAAAZING and I would love to hear more from you on chapters I've posted subsequently. :wub:

Story and Author Name, including link: Must Be One of Arthur's Boys (chapter 8 ) -- here's the HPFT link -- by RGF
Length: Chapter 8 is 1741 words
Ships: Harry/Ginny is featured in this chapter
Summary: Slices of Weasley family life through the years, featuring Arthur and his kids (and particularly the one who is the spitting image of him, in more ways than one)

Areas of Concern: Just anything 🙃

Gahh...you know I'm dying in a pool of feels rereading this, Mel. But here are the (crazy) thoughts you never got to see. ;) 

3 slots open! 

• Thanks 2
RonsGirlFriday

oooook, so since it looked like not all of your spots had been filled up before you ended up clearing out the remaining requests I thought I might slide back in here if that's cool? 💛

Story and Author Name, including link: Must Be One of Arthur's Boys (chapter 9) -- here's the HPFT link -- by RGF
Length: Chapter 9 is 1732 words
Ships: Ron/Hermione referenced in this chapter
Summary: Slices of Weasley family life through the years, featuring Arthur and his kids (and particularly the one who is the spitting image of him, in more ways than one)

Areas of Concern: Just your thoughts! 

• Like 1
grumpy cat

i loved your review so i'm backkkk like a gremlin

story and author name, including link: homemade dynamite by grumpy cat
warnings and advisories: substance abuse, sexual content
genre: angst, drama, romance, smut
length: 2241 words
summary: 

homemade-dynamite-b.png

you are the knife i turn inside myself
(that is love)

areas of concern: so i basically wrote this in the span of a couple of hours  after not writing at all for two months and idk that worries me -- how not writing and then just doing an entire fic affects it..but also - it's a bit of a strange uhh writing? idk how to explain it because i suck at words but it's both non-linear and linear (??? is that even a thing) and idk if it's too confusing (both the story and the writing) and if the parts make up a not-nonsensical whole :kris: (oh and this is a sortof followup-adjecent thing to corrupted lungs)

• Like 1
la_topolina

I really appreciated your review on chapter one--would you mind checking out chapter two?

Length: Chapter 2 is 3840 words
Summary: There is only one obstacle preventing Neville from keeping his promise to Mairi the ghost. Unfortunately that obstacle is his grandmother.
Areas of Concern: Your thoughts!

• Like 1
prideofprewett
On 9/22/2020 at 11:28 PM, RonsGirlFriday said:

oooook, so since it looked like not all of your spots had been filled up before you ended up clearing out the remaining requests I thought I might slide back in here if that's cool? 💛

Story and Author Name, including link: Must Be One of Arthur's Boys (chapter 9) -- here's the HPFT link -- by RGF
Length: Chapter 9 is 1732 words
Ships: Ron/Hermione referenced in this chapter
Summary: Slices of Weasley family life through the years, featuring Arthur and his kids (and particularly the one who is the spitting image of him, in more ways than one)

Areas of Concern: Just your thoughts! 

I was proud of how calm I was in this one;) Another great read for my lunch break.

1 slot is open again! 

• Thanks 1
Felpata_Lupin

Do you mind if I come back, too? :P 

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence

Length: 10 chapters and 52467 words - chapter 7 is 7242 words

Summary: 

Two children who grew up together. Two boys struggling on their paths towards adulthood. Two men faced with darkness too thick for them to get through.

A Peter/Remus story.

Areas of Concern: just your thoughts! :hug: 

Current Review Request Count: 1/5

• Like 1
prideofprewett
On 9/23/2020 at 5:34 AM, pirate grumpy cat said:

i loved your review so i'm backkkk like a gremlin

story and author name, including link: homemade dynamite by grumpy cat
warnings and advisories: substance abuse, sexual content
genre: angst, drama, romance, smut
length: 2241 words
summary: 

areas of concern: so i basically wrote this in the span of a couple of hours  after not writing at all for two months and idk that worries me -- how not writing and then just doing an entire fic affects it..but also - it's a bit of a strange uhh writing? idk how to explain it because i suck at words but it's both non-linear and linear (??? is that even a thing) and idk if it's too confusing (both the story and the writing) and if the parts make up a not-nonsensical whole :kris: (oh and this is a sortof followup-adjecent thing to corrupted lungs)

At least you’re a gremlin who writes beautiful angst and has a way with words? 😅 Your review is up!

1 slot open!

• Sad 1
RonsGirlFriday

Might I interest you in some AU?

Story and Author Name, including link: Simple Minds by RGF
Warnings and Advisories: M-rated, slurs advisory
Genre: AU, Drama, General
Length: completed, 4 chapters -- chapter 1 is 3946 words
Ships: Eventual minor/implied Ron/Hermione
Summary

Six wrongdoers. Six social spheres. Six stories.

One horrible vice principal (hem hem!)

Eight hours stuck in a room together.

Ladies and gentlemen, detention is now in session.

Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! 💛
Current Review Request Count: 1/5

• Like 1
prideofprewett
On 9/23/2020 at 8:34 PM, la_topolina said:

I really appreciated your review on chapter one--would you mind checking out chapter two?

Length: Chapter 2 is 3840 words
Summary: There is only one obstacle preventing Neville from keeping his promise to Mairi the ghost. Unfortunately that obstacle is his grandmother.
Areas of Concern: Your thoughts!

Your review is up my dear! :) 

14 hours ago, Felpata_Lupin said:

Do you mind if I come back, too? :P 

Length: 10 chapters and 52467 words - chapter 7 is 7242 words

Summary: 

Areas of Concern: just your thoughts! :hug: 

You're always welcome, Chiara! Review is up! ❤️ 

2 slots open! 

• Thanks 2
kuusi palaa

You love fringe characters, you say? What do you think of reading about Maisie Cattermole? 

Story and Author Name: Certain Peril+ by kuusi palaa
Warnings and Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Slurs, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Action/Adventure, Crime/Mystery, Humor, Hurt/Comfort
Length: 3 chapters (but you can read just the first one ;)
Ships: Cho/OC, Teddy/Victoire (secondary)
Summary:

WANTED: Somebody to time travel with me. This is not a trick. PO Box 8463 The Avenue, Bellbridge, M4 61C. Negotiable pay; will compensate upon return. Must use your own weapons. Certain peril awaits. I have only done this once before.

Along with her supervisor, Cho Chang, and the new intern, Teddy Lupin, Maisie Cattermole investigates an advert in a Muggle newspaper.

Areas of Concern: Your lovely thoughts!

Thank you in advance! :D 

--Abby

• Like 1
shadowycorner

Hello, may I take the last spot? 😊

Not really a rare pair, but a member of a certain red-headed family is featuring?

Story and Author Name, including link: ink stains on my sheets
Warnings and Advisories: Mature rating, some sexual content
Genre: Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Length: 5862 words, one-shot
Ships: Ron/Hermione
Summary: Shortly after the war, Hermione can't stop running. She doesn't want to be found, but there's one person who won't stop looking.
Areas of Concern: hearing your thoughts would be great :)

Thank you! 💖

Eli

• Like 1
prideofprewett
On 9/25/2020 at 6:03 AM, RonsGirlFriday said:

Might I interest you in some AU?

Story and Author Name, including link: Simple Minds by RGF
Length: completed, 4 chapters -- chapter 1 is 3946 words
Summary

Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! 💛

You had me at The Breakfast Club. Review is up! ❤️

1 slot open!

• Thanks 1
grumpy cat

you said rare pair soooooooo

story and author name, including link: you're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece by grumpy cat
warnings and advisories: substance abuse, domestic abuse, suicide, sexual content
genre: angst, drama, romance, hurt/comfort, dark
length: 2716 words
ships: lily evans/sirius black
summary: 

youreripped.png

i don't need your love,
i just want a taste.

areas of concern: your thoughts. i once again wrote this quickly and that bothers me a lot and i feel like it's shit  :kris:
current review request count: 3/5 

• Like 1
Felpata_Lupin

Back again! :P 

Length: 10 chapters and 52467 words - chapter 8 is 5903 words

Summary: 

A Peter/Remus story.

Areas of Concern: your thoughts! :rose:

• Like 1
RonsGirlFriday

:rose:

Story and Author Name, including link: Simple Minds (ch 2) by RGF
Length: completed, 4 chapters -- chapter 2 is 6092 words
Summary: 

Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! 🙃
Current Review Request Count: 2/5

• Like 1