News Ticker

Magical assistance for an obstacle course

Oldershouldknowbetter

Hi everyone.

I'm back to posting the backlog of chapters that have lain fallow on my computer this last year or two. And I'm also back to writing as well. And there's something that I would like a bit of help with, or at least a few suggestions.

Mild spoiler for an upcoming chapter of Pride and Scorpius (about 20 to 25 chapters away from current posting)

Spoiler

There's a scene coming up where two of my heroes have to complete an obstacle course. The instructor, thinking she's being hard on them is taken aback when they ask, "Wands or no wands?" Little does the instructor know that the two heroes have experience of obstacle courses. When they preform above expectations without wands the instructor gets them to show how they would tackle the course using spells to aid them.

The upshot is that I want creative ways in which two persons can aid themselves - acting as a team together - in completing standard obstacle course style challenges. For example, in the typical 'getting-over-a-vertical-wall' style challenge person A could Wingardium Leviosa person B and toss them up to the top of the wall. Once there, with a suitable purchase person B could Wingardium Leviosa person A and they could jump up or perhaps use some version of Incarcerous to conjure a rope with which Person A could ascend to the top of the wall, then they could both use the rope to climb down the other side.

There are two conditions that have to be observed:-

1) that the obstacle course competitors must assume that a  Dark Wizard could attack them at any time. So they have to cover each other with their wands, leapfrog each other through the course, shout clear to each other after they scan a completed area before the other moves forward, etc. 

2) that the obstacle course must be the same at the end of the completion of the course as it was at the beginning. So no casting Reducto at everything and running across a ruined course. They could, for example, cast Sectumsempra upon the 'barbed wire crawl' obstacle and just run through the path unheeded, but then they would have to Reparo every strand of barbed wire back together before they moved on.

Plus, the two persons in the story at the stage they will be running the obstacle course will be Second/Third years, but you can assume that they might know a few helpful spells from older years, just not anything too advanced.

Thanks for any suggestions.