We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can participate in events, challenges, discussions, and review swaps - or even just play games!

Join the Forums

FanficTalk has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing and read/review other members' writing.

Join the Archive
News Ticker
welcome back to fairyland for this year's review event! the inkys are just around the corner! keep an eye out for easter eggs in fairyland!

The Sibling Challenge | 28th February 2021

victoria_titania

victoria_titania

The Sibling Challenge

spacer.png

Name: The Sibling Challenge
Deadline: 28th February 2021
Accepted fandoms: Any
Accepted ratings: Any

Details: This challenge is simple: write a story about siblings! They can canon siblings - like Fred and George or Sirius and Regulus - or you can make them up, like Harry's long lost twin or Tom Riddle's half-sister. They could even be step-siblings or adopted. It's up to you! Just give me a wholesome story about brothers and sisters or anything in between. Their relationship doesn't have to be the entire plot of the story, but it should feature predominantly.

Rules:

• Must of course comply with the site's guidelines
  • Any length is accepted, but if it's a longer story make sure at least 2 chapters are posted by the end date
  • There can be other siblings involved, but the story must mainly focus on the relationship between 2-3 of them. Maybe more if you think you can do it well!
  • Must be posted on FFT with 'for victoria_anne's Sibling Challenge' in the summary
  • Can be combined with other challenges, and multiple entries are allowed
  • No pre-writtens, but if you have OC siblings or something that you've written about before, you can use them!
  • I hope this is obvious but no incest please

Prizes:

• 1st prize receives a graphic, 7 reviews, and a mention in my signature for a month
  • 2nd prize receives a graphic and 5 reviews
  • 3rd prize receives a graphic and 3 reviews
  • All entries will receive a review

Good luck! Feel free to ask questions if you have them (it's been a long time since I hosted a challenge 😅) and I can't wait to see what you come up with, and if you already know who you want to write about, I'd love to hear it! ✨

Edited by victoria_anne
  • Like 6
Felpata_Lupin

Oh, my Shakespeare, B! You know me, this is my jam! 😍 I already have ideas floating in my head... :P

22 minutes ago, victoria_anne said:

There can be other siblings involved, but the story must mainly focus on the relationship between 2 of them

So no three-some allowed? I had a James/Albus/Lily in the making for my Once Upon a Time collection... :( (but rules are rules... I'll come up with something else... ;))

Anyway, consider me a strong maybe! :D

• Like 1
victoria_titania

@Felpata_LupinYou know what, I like the sound of that so much that I'm changing the rules 😅 I was really just worried about the depth of the relationships in what I assume will be shorter stories, but a group of 2-3 sounds good 🤗

• Thanks 1
the otterable prewett

Count me in for anything that has a familial trope attached to it! :)

• Like 1
foxymagemadi

You know I can't resist a good challenge, so I'm in!! Haven't yet decided what siblings I'll be writing about though. :)

• Like 1
mydearfoxy

Can I just submit my AP for consideration? 😂

just kidding. not entering right now bcs I've used my sibling ideas, but I'll come back if I think of one because these relationships are my favorite :D 

• Like 1
fairy of necromancy

innnn

• Like 1
dreamfox

so, you know i have to ask. i have two oc twins in my 100 modern universe -- is it possible to write about them (especially since it can read as original fic, and you've read some stories before), and combine with the flashback challenge? 🙈

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
singmeottersun

If I decide to submit something for this it won't be Harry Potter 😅 My favourite fandom Thunderbirds centres around 5 brothers (I don't post them a lot on the archives but all over AO3, FFN and Tumblr). I'm currently attempting Febuwhump, so if I discount the three prompts I've already written for out of twenty-eight, would I be able to use one or more of those for this when it comes to it? 😀

victoria_titania
2 hours ago, singmetothesun said:

If I decide to submit something for this it won't be Harry Potter 😅 My favourite fandom Thunderbirds centres around 5 brothers (I don't post them a lot on the archives but all over AO3, FFN and Tumblr). I'm currently attempting Febuwhump, so if I discount the three prompts I've already written for out of twenty-eight, would I be able to use one or more of those for this when it comes to it? 😀

I don't know anything about Thunderbirds but as long as the characters have a great dynamic I'm sure it will be fine 😊

• 2 weeks later...
Renacer-otter

Important question: Have you seen either Hunter x Hunter or Demon Slayer??

victoria_titania
1 hour ago, Renacer-otter said:

Important question: Have you seen either Hunter x Hunter or Demon Slayer??

No, sorry! 🙈 I've not even heard of that before. But like I said, as long as the sibling dynamic is there, you should be fine 😊

page thirteen.

i had a tentative idea so i will be... tentatively in 😏

(with an OF set of siblings, because i'm like that!)

victoria_titania
57 minutes ago, page thirteen. said:

i had a tentative idea so i will be... tentatively in 😏

(with an OF set of siblings, because i'm like that!)

Sounds perfect 😊

• 2 weeks later...