We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can participate in events, challenges, discussions, and review swaps - or even just play games!

Join the Forums

FanficTalk has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing and read/review other members' writing.

Join the Archive
News Ticker
congratulations to all of our nanowrimo participants! get ready to celebrate the fairy princess's birthday!

Original Fiction Winter 2021

shadowycorner

✨❄️ Hello fellow writers!

Starting up this topic that's ofc inspired by @frostmagemadi who posted the Fall pre-NaNo edition :) 

It's the new calendar year and that always means new ambitions of goals. We are all writers here so I bet we have those writing dreams running on high again. Plus, where I'm from, it is super dark and dreary for most of the next two months, plus we're back in lockdown 😬 so that gives me the illusion impression that I will have time and space and inspiration of being able to write a lot! Here's some of my goals for OF that I want to focus in the next three months. I decided not to do word count goals, rather than spend 1-2 hours a day working on these projects.

• write a short story a month
  • finish first draft of NaNo project - Myths of Ruin
  • edit the 1st part of April NaNo - Spring Eternal (maybe post on the archives?)

Anyone else here working on any short stories? I am currently following the Sarah Dennard challenge where she challenged herself and others to write one short story a month, there's a hashtag #storyamonthchallenge (I think it works on twitter and instagram both). Let me know if you're interested and would like to maybe do accountability checks, maybe even exchange and critique?

I'd love to hear what everyone else is planning ✨❄️

• Like 6
Recent Badges

victoria_anne

Love love love your goals, Eli! ✨ I can't wait to follow your journey, and I'm particularly interested in how you go with the short story challenge! I hadn't heard of that before, but maybe I'll give it a go, too 😊

In the next three months, I'd like to:

• Finish a draft of my novel about ex-fairies in a rural Australian town
  • Finish and submit a short story about dragons for a magazine
  • Enter a couple more competitions (I have a lot marked, so we'll see how this goes 😅)

I've also signed up for the NYC Midnight Short Story Challenge, which I do almost every year. I've always made it to the second heat but never any further. Hopefully this is the year that changes!

Can't wait to hear everyone else's goals and their progress, and to hold myself accountable here 🤗

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
RonsGirlFriday
On 1/8/2021 at 2:29 AM, victoria_anne said:

I've also signed up for the NYC Midnight Short Story Challenge, which I do almost every year. I've always made it to the second heat but never any further. Hopefully this is the year that changes!

I don't have any short-term OF goals to share right now, but I just wanted to say this is super cool -- I've done the NYC Midnight Flash Fiction Challenge a couple of times before, but never the short story one. Maybe I'll enter this one. 👀 Good luck, B!!

Update: I'm signing up.  :elmofire:

Edited by RonsGirlFriday
  • Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.