We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can participate in events, challenges, discussions, and review swaps - or even just play games!

Join the Forums

FanficTalk has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing and read/review other members' writing.

Join the Archive
News Ticker
congratulations to all of our nanowrimo participants! get ready to celebrate the fairy princess's birthday!

Introducing myself -- a brief bigraphy

RDeHwyl

Hello everyone -- thought it about time I actually make an introduction thread so y'all can get to know me.

Well, first, I'm old -- 68 Years, 2 months, and 7 days at the time I write this. I'm the younger of a set of identical twins, but born on a different day (My brother was born at 11:37 PM, I came along at 12:03 AM). We are both adopted, and because of that, I'm my own second cousin and first cousin. I have an older half-sister somewhere out in the world, but don't know where she is or how to find her -- don't even know her name. I also have two younger half brothers and two younger half sisters, who I do try to keep in contact with.

I've always bee a prolific reader, and started writing fan fiction at the age of 12 with 'letter-friends' met through the classifieds in the back of "Amazing Stories" pulp fiction books. I eventually joined three Amateur Press Associations, and contributed to fanzines in several diverse fandoms.

I skipped grades several times while in school, and so graduated High School at the age of 13, winning a full-ride scholarship to the University of California. Recieved my Bachelors Degree in Education there, and attended New York University to earm my Masters Degree in Medieval History. I started on the path to a Doctorate, but was interuppted by a stint with the US Army. After my term of service there, I mustered out in Germany, and spent eight months walking through Germany, France, and Great Britain to study castles for my thesis. While in Wales. I met the young woman who i would marry. We came back to the USA, where I taught history for five years before changing careers and becoming an electrician for Radio Towers.

We were happily married for 20 years and six children before she passed due to Leukemia. That took a toll on my health as well, as my work required a lot of travel and made caring for children difficult. Luckily, family helped, and I'm a proud grandparent and great-grandparent..

Now retired, I run a small press publishing company, perform as a street entertainer at festivals up and down the East Coast, and have even appeared in five feature films as an extra.

I'm having a great deal of fun adding to the archive here, and hope to complete a project I started years go, a three-novel Alternate Universe retelling of Harry Potter;s sixth and seventh years at Hogwarts, plus several years beyond...

I would love to make new writing friends, perhaps even collaborate on new stories. Feel free to ask questions or ask for help -- I'm happy to try to be of assistance...

• Like 7

RonsGirlFriday
On 1/9/2021 at 9:46 AM, RDeHwyl said:

winning a full-ride scholarship to the University of California

Go Bears! 🐻 💛 💙

You have an amazing life story with so many interesting pursuits. I would love to do extra work in movies -- maybe when this whole pandemic business is finally over. One of my sisters used to do that when she was a kid.