News Ticker

the river of ice

abhorsen.

image.png.85a7cfa22f37ad236d906fb8a5b8646f.png

when you decided to accept the fairies' invitation, waking up in a freezing ocean swell was not exactly what you'd had in mind. you're going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they must have just forgotten that their guests are mortal and can, you know, drown.

yeah. that explains it.

when you've made your ashore to a small island and have finished coughing up all the water you just swallowed, you see a strange glow coming from the ice. you're not sure whether you should touch it, especially given what just happened, but on the other hand, you're starting to get very cold, and you don't particularly fancy being stuck here forever.

after you hold a fingertip against it, you feel bathed in a warm light. when it fades, you realize that not only are you dry, but you've also somehow undergone a wardrobe change.

well, there's no time to dissect that. you hear a splash, and look over to find a horse made entirely of water standing there. you take a quick glance back at the ice. you've heard that it's bad luck to keep spirits waiting, but thankfully, the new inscription is short.

inscription: this is a dangerous route - you could be swallowed by the vicious, vengeful sea or lose yourself in the deepest depths of the caverns beyond. before you leave, make sure to reply to this thread saying you were here.

• snowflake 6

• abhorsen. changed the title to the river of ice
  • abhorsen. pinned this topic

I was here

• Love 1

I was here!!

• Love 1

☑️ Melanie was hereeeee

• snowflake 1

I saw the glowy ice!

• snowflake 1

I was here.