We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can participate in events, challenges, discussions, and review swaps - or even just play games!

Join the Forums

FanficTalk has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing and read/review other members' writing.

Join the Archive
News Ticker
welcome back to fairyland for this year's review event! the inkys are just around the corner! keep an eye out for easter eggs in fairyland!

What Kind of NaNo Writer Are You? (Quiz)

victoria_anne

Find out what kind of writer you are by taking this quiz here+! Tell us your results and if they were accurate! 

• Like 1
Ineke

The Wing It Writer
Result Image
Your writing philosophy falls somewhere between YOLO and let's see where the story takes us. Your writing always has good twists and turns in it that no one would ever anticipate because it came to you on the fly. Terrifying.

idk bout the good twists but the rest is on point

• Like 1
RogueSlytherin

First of all - it asked my greatest weakness and had punctuation just sitting there like it wasn't a personal attack. Rude. 

Second, I got the 'Organized Writer,' which I initially laughed at because anyone who's ducked into my WJ knows what a FARCE that truly is - but then I realized that a lot of my chaos is in a first draft and I am an eighth draft writer...so maybe there's merit to it. 🤣 I'm not organized in the traditional idea of notes and dates and plans, but I do get to know my characters and plot points inside and out just by rewriting them so much. 

Edited by RogueSlytherin
  • Like 1
ShazaLupin

The Theoretical Writer

Okay. So maybe word count isn't your strong suit. Maybe you spend more time coming up with story ideas than actually typing. Words are words and you're still a writer. One of these days when you do get around to writing your stories, they'll be amazing.

I feel a little called out 😛 It's not wrong though, I do have so many more ideas than I do stories written down. Although I'm not sure weather the ones that have made it into existence are amazing but I'll take it haha. 

• Like 1
blackballet

I also got the organized writer...don't know where they got that idea, though it might be in my choice about setting my protagonist to an unachievable task, in which case I would have had a task to set them on to begin with (in re-reading this, I see how flow was also the part of writing that I struggle the most with 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
prideofprewett

The "Right in the Feels," Writer.

You find the exact thing that will demolish both a character and reader and you drain us of our life force, only to build us back up to the full blown joy. We love to suffer, carry on.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

• Haha 1
singmetothesun

I got "The Wing It Writer"

Your writing philosophy falls somewhere between YOLO and let's see where the story takes us. Your writing always has good twists and turns in that no one would ever anticipate because it came to you on the fly. Terrifying.

This is so accurate it hurts! I'm a Pantser to the core... :blink:

• Like 1
Hufflepuffbookworm1990

I got the ‘Right-In- Feels -Writer-‘ sounds about right. Though, I see a little bit of the Wing it Writer in myself too

• Like 1
kuusi palaa

I'm an organized writer, too! 

You have your spreadsheets of names, addresses, and character descriptions ready to go! Your outlines are neatly divided into chapters, plot points, and subplot points. You're scary. I'm impressed.

I generally don't fret about the addresses of my characters, lol, but I suppose I have their characters fleshed out with relevant details because I use them to craft my plots (ie, mysteries). Typically, everything I write serves a greater purpose; if you suspect filler in my writing, you should probably reread because there are probably tons of foreshadowing and/or red herrings for you to catch! ;)