News Ticker

This Changes Everything by ShazaLupin

ShazaLupin

This changes everything 

This changes everything is the first long, multi chapter fic I ever attempted and it was started in April 2012 and still remains unfinished :couch:  

However, I haven't looked at it since about 2016 and I figured it's about time it gets a serious edit and finally get's finished. However, since it's been 9 years since it was started everything is subject to change, and a lot of it probably will, including the title and summery. I think there probably needs to be another 2/3 chapters to wrap things up.

The current summery:

After the defeat of Voldemort everything was supposed to be okay, there wasn’t supposed to be any danger. But someone is looking for trouble, and their attention falls to Hermione. Just after her and Ron find out some news, disaster strikes.

Will she be able to survive? 

It's an angst, romance Ron/Hermione set a couple of years after Deathly Hallows. They struggle to cope with new changes to their relationship when something more dangerous strikes them. There is sensitive issues/themes and I think I want to develop them/improve them since my views and understanding of these things have changed a lot since I started this and I hope it improves the story.

Goals/aims:

• Finish it- even just a rough first draft of the final chapters. 
  • Edit the current chapters and get it to a place I'm happy with.
  • Think of a better title and summery? :P 

Current stats: 

• 27,962 Words
  • 18 Chapters
Edited by ShazaLupin
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • heart eyes 1

Oh I'm sorry...?

-breathes in an out-

A multi-chaptered Ron and Hermione story?

giphyjjj.gif.3d76bd467b924bea7b9ed97ee91b374d.gif

(don't freak out, eli, don't be weird)

Hi!

So, I'm super super thrilled and excited by this because I actually love Ron and Hermione to bits and it's just so wonderful to see a story like this possibly popping up on the forums. I have also returned to my Romione I started years ago, and it's been challenging, but also wonderful, so I think this is great and also I'm here if you ever need to talk about anything.

1. What initially sparked this idea?

2. Why do you think you stopped writing it?

3. You mention that you see a lot of things that appear in the story differently, can you tell us specifically what they are?

4. What are you most looking forward to about writing and re-writing this?

5. What do you think will be the most challenging?

6. Does Harry and the rest of the Weasleys play a role in this? Do any of the other canon characters?

7. Do you have any playlist for this story, or any songs in particular that make you think of the Ron and Hermione of this story?

💖

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shadowycorner said:

Oh I'm sorry...?

-breathes in an out-

A multi-chaptered Ron and Hermione story?

giphyjjj.gif.3d76bd467b924bea7b9ed97ee91b374d.gif

(don't freak out, eli, don't be weird)

Hi!

So, I'm super super thrilled and excited by this because I actually love Ron and Hermione to bits and it's just so wonderful to see a story like this possibly popping up on the forums. I have also returned to my Romione I started years ago, and it's been challenging, but also wonderful, so I think this is great and also I'm here if you ever need to talk about anything.

Hey!! Thank you so much, I'm so excited to get back into it and that means a lot, especially since you've wrote such an amazing Romione yourself!  :wub:

1. What initially sparked this idea?

Originally it was supposed to be a very cliche young pregnancy fic, I used to really enjoy reading those and just wanted to try and write one myself. I then decided that was boring and it turned into a post DH fic with a lot more drama and dramatic events. 

2. Why do you think you stopped writing it?

I just sort of fell out of writing in general when I went to Uni, and then when I came back, and got back into it I knew it needed a lot of work, as did all of my old fics, and it was easier to focus on the one shots than an 27K fic with 18 chapters! 

3. You mention that you see a lot of things that appear in the story differently, can you tell us specifically what they are?

Yes! Everything just feels very black and white and good vs bad with the way the fic is now and I just don't think things are that simple anymore. I think the world is filled with a lot more grey ares and good doesn't always triumph evil, especially not easily and so I think I'd like to get that across more. There's also the relationship/pregnancy aspect and I think I know more about that now then I did when I was about 14 and all I knew about that was stuff I'd read in a book lol. Hopefully I can just make things come across more realistic and not so one-dimensional. 

4. What are you most looking forward to about writing and re-writing this?

To finishing it 🤣 But for real, I'm looking forward to delving back into Ron and Hermione's minds and it's also one of the darker fics I've ever wrote so I'm looking forward to getting back into that frame of mind and exploring that world again.

5. What do you think will be the most challenging?

Remembering where I wanted to go and what was happening with it, I've got a bit of a cliffhanger to solve before I end it and I want to do it justice when I wrap it up. 

6. Does Harry and the rest of the Weasleys play a role in this? Do any of the other canon characters?

Yes! Harry and Ginny play a role, and in the second half Harry plays a major role as an Auror. Both sets of parent's also appear and I think I'd like to include Hermione's a bit more. There's a lot more OC's though as they've left Hogwarts and entered the 'real world' in terms of jobs and things.

7. Do you have any playlist for this story, or any songs in particular that make you think of the Ron and Hermione of this story?

I haven't got a playlist, but maybe I should make one! There are a few songs that make me think of this story including:

• I wont give up- Jason Mraz
  • Night changes- One Direction
  • She's always a women to me- Billy Joel
  • Everything has changed- Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift
  • Like 3

You had me at Romione. 😍 And that playlist!! (Or the beginnings of one anyway.)

I know all too well the feeling of coming back to a fic after several years and realizing things have changed about how I view it and the world just due to maturity and life experiences and so forth, so it's a huge undertaking, especially since you plan to revise the existing chapters, and I just really commend you. I find revising harder than drafting, personally, particularly a major revision. But I'll be looking forward to reading it and seeing your take on how Ron and Hermione work things out in those early years when there's so much going on in their lives and the world besides just being together.

Can you tell us a little bit about what the dark issues are, or what happens that they must cope with besides their changing relationship and surprise pregnancy?

On 3/29/2021 at 7:40 AM, RonsGirlFriday said:

You had me at Romione. 😍 And that playlist!! (Or the beginnings of one anyway.)

I know all too well the feeling of coming back to a fic after several years and realizing things have changed about how I view it and the world just due to maturity and life experiences and so forth, so it's a huge undertaking, especially since you plan to revise the existing chapters, and I just really commend you. I find revising harder than drafting, personally, particularly a major revision. But I'll be looking forward to reading it and seeing your take on how Ron and Hermione work things out in those early years when there's so much going on in their lives and the world besides just being together.

Can you tell us a little bit about what the dark issues are, or what happens that they must cope with besides their changing relationship and surprise pregnancy?

Hey!! 

Aww, thank you! Although we'll see if I deserve those commendations once the month is over :P Yeah, of course, although I'll pop it under a spoiler and put the TW's under there too, just in case 

Spoiler

TW's: kidnapping/attack, near-death experiences, possible miscarriage?  

So basically Ron and Hermione come under attack from some wannabe new dark lords/ leftover supporters from the war because they know their friends of Harry. Hermione then ends up kidnapped and attacked. I think for this part I mainly need to work on Ron/ everyone's reactions to her going missing. At the moment I feel he's a bit OTT while no one else seems to do anything except Harry and Ginny, and now I feel like obviously everyone would get involved and want to help in any way they could. Even just helping Ron through it. 

Currently, Hermione ends up being found but does have a miscarriage which I go back and forth on with keeping but even if I do keep it, it really needs updating because what did I know about any of that when I was a teenager? :shrugs: 

Update: I'm now going through and making a plan for the story based on what's already written, which feels very weird 🤣

Edited by ShazaLupin
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, ShazaLupin said:

Update: I'm now going through and making a plan for the story based on what's already written, which feels very weird 🤣

I'm sure it's helpful though :) I wonder how many things you'll add and cut and change. As Melanie said, rewriting existing chapters can be so hard because it's like...aaah, I did this work once, I don't want to do it again 😂

Just my insight into the angsty bit:

Spoiler

I guess if you're deciding between keeping the miscarriage or not, you just have to ask yourself why you'd like to have it in the story? Do you want to explore that experience, learn more about it, communicate the pain of it? Then I think you should keep it and do your best to tackle this difficult subject. But maybe if you want a high stakes situation and an instance of loss and how to cope with it, there's other things you could explore? 

• Love 1

Hello Shaza!

Can I just say that it's cool that you had this story since April 2012 which is a very long time but it's cool that you decided to continue the story in 2016.  I admit that I can relate to you in a sense that I have had stories I wrote years ago and then haven't come back to it until years later and want to rewrite, improve, and or just work on it again. I'm curious about the plot itself since it presents itself as a mystery yet also something darker in regards to an issue or two that one has to find out regarding Ron and Hermione as they read or read more into it as the story goes by which should be interesting.  Oh, and speaking of Ron and Hermione, I honestly feel the need to go back and read fics about them so glad that you're writing one even if it may dark and or angsty--still here for it.  So my only questions are these two:  first is what made you want to, in a sense, revisit and rewrite the story and secondly, is there any quotes, lyrics, and or any advice, words, or just anything that helps you to keep writing?  Not just this story but also in general.  If so, what it is?  Hope this makes sense! ;w;  Also I hope the rough draft, editting, and the whole writing process in general, goes well for you! It's pretty cool that you're still working on this and I just want to send my well wishes, good lucks, and energy of motivation to you so with: Good luck! You can do it! You got this! :)      

-Diana 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 5:26 PM, shadowycorner said:

I'm sure it's helpful though :) I wonder how many things you'll add and cut and change. As Melanie said, rewriting existing chapters can be so hard because it's like...aaah, I did this work once, I don't want to do it again 😂

Just my insight into the angsty bit:

Reveal hidden contents

I guess if you're deciding between keeping the miscarriage or not, you just have to ask yourself why you'd like to have it in the story? Do you want to explore that experience, learn more about it, communicate the pain of it? Then I think you should keep it and do your best to tackle this difficult subject. But maybe if you want a high stakes situation and an instance of loss and how to cope with it, there's other things you could explore? 

Yeah, I'm sure there's going to be a lot changed, and it's going to be hard 😆 Thank you for that, I am wondering about it. I think when I originally wrote it, it was just something to add to the story and now I'm not sure if that's the best approach to it. I'm sure I'll figure out what to do about it before I get to that though!

19 hours ago, starlitcastles said:

Hello Shaza!

Can I just say that it's cool that you had this story since April 2012 which is a very long time but it's cool that you decided to continue the story in 2016.  I admit that I can relate to you in a sense that I have had stories I wrote years ago and then haven't come back to it until years later and want to rewrite, improve, and or just work on it again. I'm curious about the plot itself since it presents itself as a mystery yet also something darker in regards to an issue or two that one has to find out regarding Ron and Hermione as they read or read more into it as the story goes by which should be interesting.  Oh, and speaking of Ron and Hermione, I honestly feel the need to go back and read fics about them so glad that you're writing one even if it may dark and or angsty--still here for it.  So my only questions are these two:  first is what made you want to, in a sense, revisit and rewrite the story and secondly, is there any quotes, lyrics, and or any advice, words, or just anything that helps you to keep writing?  Not just this story but also in general.  If so, what it is?  Hope this makes sense! ;w;  Also I hope the rough draft, editting, and the whole writing process in general, goes well for you! It's pretty cool that you're still working on this and I just want to send my well wishes, good lucks, and energy of motivation to you so with: Good luck! You can do it! You got this! :)      

-Diana 

Hey! Thanks' so much for the comments and motivation, fingers crossed it all goes well!

1. I do have a soft spot for this story, probably because it's the first longer piece I ever wrote and so I just want to make it the best I can and my writing style has changed so much in the past 9 years.

2. Not really, I like to try and think positively in generally so I just try to remember that everything can be edited and the best thing to do (especially during nano)  is just to write and get the words down. 

Day 1 Update: Not really done much today but just going with it because today was also my last day at work for the next 2 weeks so plenty of time to get cracking! 

One week in and it's going good I think! Got the planning and the restructuring done, and added in a prologue.  An update on the stats at week 1:

• 29,611 Words
  • 20 Chapters + a prologue 

Now it's time to do the actual writing! 

• Like 1
  • elmo fire 2

• 2 weeks later...

Shaza, I've been stalking following your updates in the cabin, but figured I would also pop in here with some questions halfway through the month about your project! Hope you don't mind. 💖

• Is there a particular scene you are most excited about writing/sharing? Any details you can share about it? Totally cool if you prefer to keep it under wraps, just figured I would ask anyway! 😅
  • Any other characters outside of Ron/Hermione you are most excited about exploring in this? Any original characters or are all canon?
  • What has been something that's motivated you to keep going with this story this month?
  • And stealing this question from Noelle (la_topolina) because I just think it's really sweet...what is one thing you are proud of that you've done with this story since you started looking at it again?

Happy writing, my friend!

💖 Courtney 

On 4/16/2021 at 8:12 PM, prideofprewett said:

Shaza, I've been stalking following your updates in the cabin, but figured I would also pop in here with some questions halfway through the month about your project! Hope you don't mind. 💖

Courtney!! Hello, no of course I don't mind! Thank you for stopping by! 💛

• Is there a particular scene you are most excited about writing/sharing? Any details you can share about it? Totally cool if you prefer to keep it under wraps, just figured I would ask anyway! 😅

Aha, no I don't mind sharing! The whole (unfinished) thing is still published on the old site somewhere :couch: I think I'm mainly just excited to write Ron/Hermione, they were my original OTP :wub: Specifically though, I've got a scene where Hermione is just so overwhelmed with life and Ron just helps calm her down and reassure her and I just love it. I know Ron can be a bit oblivious sometimes but I think he can really help Hermione when she needs it. 

• Any other characters outside of Ron/Hermione you are most excited about exploring in this? Any original characters or are all canon?

Well they're definitely my favourite but I think both Ron and Hermione's parents as well. I think I'm going to re-write them in this version to include them a little more as I so think they would be around a lot, and they would play a larger role than i originally had them doing. There are also quite a few OC's including all of the 'bad' guys and the Auror department Harry is working in. 

• What has been something that's motivated you to keep going with this story this month?

The cabin has helped, and this nest and the discord. It motivates me to see everyone writing and encouraging each other! Also, having it planned out and seeing how close it was to being finished has helped as well. 

• And stealing this question from Noelle (la_topolina) because I just think it's really sweet...what is one thing you are proud of that you've done with this story since you started looking at it again?

I'm going to say the character development. I feel like now that I'm older and roughly the same age as they are int eh story I can relate a bit more (not to what happens to them in the story, just being older and having lived a bit more) if that makes sense? I just think they're not so flat, especially the OC's, hopefully that's the case anyway. 

Update: I was really struggling with the re-writing part but now that I've looked at a blank page instead of just re-arranging what I'd already written that's really seemed to help and i think I've wrote a fair amount. I can't see exactly how much I've written cause it's on pen and paper but it's a few major scenes so I'm going to call that progress! 

• sparkles 1