News Ticker

abhorsen's beta-ing

abhorsen.

hi! i'm not busy enough so i thought i'd open a beta thread. (that is a lie, i am very busy, turnaround time depends on the length of the fic but will always be at least a week, but i like editing stuff.)

i am an annoying beta and i fixate on every tiny thing. i mean i tell you what i like but also i tell you what i think you could fix, and the comments on the gdoc will end up collapsed bc i made too many of them.

i'll beta original fiction and pretty much any fandom i know and also probably some i don't if you give me relevant details. limit of 5k words per request and one request at a time. (i do not foresee this being an issue but whatever, if nobody likes betas anymore my thread can languish in quiet romantic obscurity. except, like, on the internet.)

Hey, I just posted a fic, Sunken Promises, that's 2648 words long and I'd love to get it betaed. It's a fanfic based off the Forgotten Realms and my current D&D character, but you don't have to know about the lore since it's all pretty self contained. 

5 hours ago, Shadowkat678 said:

Hey, I just posted a fic, Sunken Promises, that's 2648 words long and I'd love to get it betaed. It's a fanfic based off the Forgotten Realms and my current D&D character, but you don't have to know about the lore since it's all pretty self contained. 

sure! can you give me a link to a gdoc and some more specifics on what you'd like me to look for? ^_^

• 11 months later...

Hi! Are you still taking beta requests? I'm almost ready with a chapter 1 for the Regency Rep challenge. Word count might be an issue, but I can send scenes instead of a chapter if you want. I require a particularly picky beta, so if you have time, I would love some picking.