News Ticker

The Tortured Poets Department: The Challenge | July 1, 2024

Lost_Robin

Challenge Name: The Tortured Poets Department: The Challenge

Challenge Deadline: July 1, 2024

Accepted Fandoms: Most + OF, but please ask if you're not sure! Also, for some, please make sure I can read fandom-blind-ish!

Accepted Ratings: All

Challenge Details:

• Write a fic (how ever many chapters you want, just please under, like, 20k words) that is inspired by a Taylor Swift song
  • No prewritten entries, but a new entry in a universe/series is totally cool!
  • All entries must be on the FFT archives
  • Include 'For Lost_Robin's The Tortured Poets Department: The Challenge' somewhere in the summary/notes
  • Also please include somewhere (either on here or in the summary/chapter notes) what song you picked!
  • Any Taylor song is acceptable!
  • If a multichap, please have at least two chapters posted by July 1, 2024
  • Multiple entries allowed!
  • Please only one song per fic!

Rewards:

• Every entry gets a review!
  • First Place: 7 reviews, recommendation on my blog
  • Second Place: 5 reviews
  • Third Place: 3 reviews

Thank you! I'm looking forward to reading everything!

Edited by Lost_Robin
  • elmo fire 3

This is a given but I'm absolutely in ^_^ Some variation of Emma/Memma but I have no idea what song yet, this will be fun!

• elmo fire 1

Sounds fun!

Participants:

-dreamshadow

Too many songs to choose from, but I'll somehow narrow it down 😂 I'm in 🙌

• elmo fire 1

So I forgot to put multiple entries are allowed 😅 (I added it to the rules, whoopsie!), so I added that. My b 😂. I am so excited to see what you pick! There are So Many.

Participants:

• dreamshadow
  • RogueSlytherin

Hello Robin!

Okay, should mention that I saw title and was thinking: "Oh gosh, I need to listen to her album. I haven't yet!" and I know that I will.  Just give me time.  I did, however, read your thread and am glad that it's pertaining to her songs!  She has many wonderful and amazing songs!  I'm still listening to a few albums that I missed out on but do love a lot of the ones that I've heard and definitely interested in this challenge! :) 

Is it possible that you could put me as a maybe for now?  If I do, it'll be an OF one shot or short story inspired by her songs!

Also, random question relating to her songs and hope this makes sense but what if we're inspired by more than one of her songs? Can we put that we're inspired by the songs in the notes before or after the story/fic that we're posting? 

• elmo fire 1

I can absolutely put you down as a maybe!

7 minutes ago, starlitcastles said:

Also, random question relating to her songs and hope this makes sense but what if we're inspired by more than one of her songs? Can we put that we're inspired by the songs in the notes before or after the story/fic that we're posting? 

I think I'd prefer if it's just one song per fic, just so judging's a little easier. Multiple entries are completely welcome, but I'd prefer if each entry only has one song attached to it (and I'll put this in the rules in case anyone else was wondering) But notes work! I'll be reading all of the entries, so as long as it's somewhere in there, it's all good! I just want to know what song it is so I can listen to the song while reading.

Participants:

• dreamshadow
  • RogueSlytherin
  • starlitcastles (Maybe)
  • Thanks 1

I've just gotten sucked into a new fandom. Is Hadestown an acceptable fandom for this challenge? 🌹

• Eyes 1

6 minutes ago, inmyownlittlecorner said:

I've just gotten sucked into a new fandom. Is Hadestown an acceptable fandom for this challenge? 🌹

I'm really sorry, but I'd prefer a different fandom 😭

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lost_Robin said:

I'm really sorry, but I'd prefer a different fandom 😭

That's okay! I can't wait to see what folks come up with ❤️ 

• cathugbunny 1

I feel like I need more time to think on the album so I'll be a maybe

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crimson quill said:

I feel like I need more time to think on the album so I'll be a maybe

I know the feeling! I had the challenge go to July because it's an album that definitely needs a lot of time (I say, going into yet another listen of it 😂)

Participants:

• dreamshadow
  • RogueSlytherin
  • starlitcastles (Maybe)
  • crimson quill (Maybe)
  • Like 1

Would you possibly accept an AU within the Good Omens fandom that could be read fandom blind? If not, no worries, just figure I would ask! 😁 

34 minutes ago, prideofprewett said:

Would you possibly accept an AU within the Good Omens fandom that could be read fandom blind? If not, no worries, just figure I would ask! 😁 

Yeah, an AU of Good Omens would be fine as long as it's fandom-blind!

• elmo fire 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m so late to this, but I’d love to try some Original Fiction for this if that’s okay? 😊

Edited by singmetothesun
  • elmo fire 1

Absolutely! And you're not late at all; there's still a little over a month left!