Login/ validation issues? Or need to contact us for any other reason? ×
FanficTalk

Adventure destination

abhorsen.

So I am writing a story in which James I's parents go on some adventure before they get married. Doing something. I vaguely think that I want it to involve caves and some kind of danger, but I'm not married to that idea by any means.

I'm kind of lost about what I can make them do. James I's mother is a potionmaker and I haven't established any real profession for his father in the stories I have written about them so far, but the implication is that he's a bit of a spoiled rich boy who spends way too much of his time schmoozing James I's mother. :P

I need to get them going somewhere interesting and doing something interesting, but IDK how or what? Maybe she could mention needing something for a potion and he could say "HEY I KNOW LET'S GO GET IT OURSELVES" and she could be like "... oh why am I into you."

But IDK. Suggestions plz? :)

Guest pookha

If he's a spoiled rich boy, how about a yachting trip around the world. He could be an accomplished sailor, both with magic and with actual sailing skills.

If you need caves, bat guano and giant centipedes are both found in them, and the giant centipedes are damn terrifying (google them and shudder).

Maybe, being a spoiled rich kid, he at some point experiences the urge to "go out and do something good/meaningful" and she's like "Sigh, guess I'll have to come with to make sure you don't get lost/injured/taken advantage of"… It could be the international wizarding medical aid association he volunteers for, or cursbreakers international? (Since he's not qualified, he might be volunteering as assistant or something?) Maybe even the international fund for the preservation of the merpeople's natural habitat?

Make them go on a hunt for Atlantis! James I's father just wants to get a nice sunburn and relax on a beach but she's dragging him through underwater caves, shark swarms, and Merpeople. Maybe there's a mythical potion ingredient that you can only find in the lost city. Maybe she's just a history but. Perhaps he's a massive skeptic but she finds a major clue and he suddenly wants to lead the charge. I'm just going to go drink my coffee now.

Archived