Login/ validation issues? Or need to contact us for any other reason? ×
FanficTalk

Best Friendship - Nomination Thread

TidalDragon

BEST FRIENDSHIP

Yeah, they fight sometimes. Their closeness may even oscillate from time to time. But through the best of times and the worst of times they are there for each other. We want stories that feature great friendships. PLEASE NOTEThe friendship should not be, nor should they evolve into, a romantic relationship.

To make a nomination, please use the form below:

Name of Characters:
Story Title:
Author:
Link:
Reason for Nomination:

To second or third, please quote the original nomination and post "Seconded" or "Thirded" as the case may be.

Please check the thread for nominations, seconds, and thirds before posting your own new nomination! Remember, you're limited to one (1) nomination (including seconding or thirding). 

Previous Winners:

• 2018: Peter Pettigrew and Sirius Black in Secret Keeper by poppunkpadfoot (Harry Potter) 

Name of Characters: Scorpious Malfoy, Hugo Weasley, Albus Potter, Methuselah Jones, Selena Rourke, Rose Weasley
Story Title: Ignite (M)
Author: @Slide
Link:Ignite (M)
Reason for Nomination:

The author sow the seeds, the expectation that new friendship would be born through the series of  predicament happening in Hogwarts,  friendship between Scorp and others. It's interesting to read various people are getting important for him  not just as one of Hogwarts students, but his dearest friends.

Name of Characters: Harry Potter and Dobby
Story Title: The Next Great Adventure
Author: TreacleTart
Link: Here
Reason for Nomination: Kaitlin has crafted a totally unique story about Dobby guiding Harry through the Afterlife. Their friendship is so genuine, that I welled up when they met again after all those years apart. They trust each other and there are some really tough moments that'll keep you guessing, but ultimately they are a perfect team. There are some wonderful moments with the rest of Harry's family and friends who have passed too as a lovely bonus. It's a great story and totally addictive.

11 minutes ago, LadyMarauder said:

Reason for Nomination: Kaitlin has crafted a totally unique story about Dobby guiding Harry through the Afterlife. Their friendship is so genuine, that I welled up when they met again after all those years apart. They trust each other and there are some really tough moments that'll keep you guessing, but ultimately they are a perfect team. There are some wonderful moments with the rest of Harry's family and friends who have passed too as a lovely bonus. It's a great story and totally addictive.

Seconded! :)

9 hours ago, LadyMarauder said:

Thirded!

Name of Characters: George Weasley and Danielle Hamilton
Story Title: Sunflowers in December
Author: @Jo Raskoph
Link: here+
Reason for Nomination: Ah, this is so pure. The concept of this story is so fantastic, first of all. It makes perfect sense that neighbors of wizarding families would have to be Obliviated more often than your average Muggle. And then this story goes a step further by showing an absolutely lovely friendship between George (and Angelina) and the lovely Muggle OC, Danielle. I felt so attached to Danielle and her future, and that definitely speaks to the wonderful job the author does of writing her.

7 hours ago, Renacerá said:

Reason for Nomination: Ah, this is so pure. The concept of this story is so fantastic, first of all. It makes perfect sense that neighbors of wizarding families would have to be Obliviated more often than your average Muggle. And then this story goes a step further by showing an absolutely lovely friendship between George (and Angelina) and the lovely Muggle OC, Danielle. I felt so attached to Danielle and her future, and that definitely speaks to the wonderful job the author does of writing her.

Absolutely seconding!

Guest Rumpelstiltskin
3 hours ago, nott theodore said:
11 hours ago, Renacerá said:

Absolutely seconding!

Thirding this on through o7

Name of Characters: Marlene McKinnon and Dorcas Meadows
Story Title: Light my way
Author: @lovegood27
Linkclick
Reason for Nomination: I thought this piece was really powerful and depicts a strong and really deep friendship between the two women. Dorcas is trying to help Marlene break away from an abusive relationship, Marlene's abuse is carefully written but it's the friendship that is really the star of this piece. This one-shot shows that friendship is being there for someone no matter what. It's being the strength when they have none. it's fighting for them. It was captured perfectly in this piece.

Name of Characters: Scorpius Malfoy & Liam McLaggen
Story Title: Things Change 
Author: @crestwood
Link: +HERE [Mature Content]
Reason for Nomination: The friendship that Joey has portrayed between Scorpius and Liam in this story thus far has been a really interesting one to read about. Having known a 'Liam' or two in my own lifetime, I can totally relate to why Scorpius is drawn to this personality type, and wants to be friends/fit-in with someone like Liam from the getgo. Their friendship can get to be so toxic at times, yet you still cannot help but to root for them to continue to grow and prosper together as you read because; while Liam may be a bit of an enabler, and he is certainly not without his own faults, he also genuinely cares for Scorpius’ well-being. The two of them have this brotherly-like bond that is unshakable, and you can tell through their interactions that they’d do anything for one another. Liam is extremely protective of Scorpius, and the trust that Scorpius seems to have for Liam in turn is unwavering. Joey has done a fantastic job of building up a solid friendship between these two characters that feels authentically genuine and so very realistic in many ways. They have quickly become one of my new favorite duos to read about!! 

2 minutes ago, RoxiMalfoy said:

Name of Characters: Scorpius Malfoy & Liam McLaggen
Story Title: Things Change 
Author: @crestwood
Link: +HERE [Mature Content]
Reason for Nomination: The friendship that Joey has portrayed between Scorpius and Liam in this story thus far has been a really interesting one to read about. Having known a 'Liam' or two in my own lifetime, I can totally relate to why Scorpius is drawn to this personality type, and wants to be friends/fit-in with someone like Liam from the getgo. Their friendship can get to be so toxic at times, yet you still cannot help but to root for them to continue to grow and prosper together as you read because; while Liam may be a bit of an enabler, and he is certainly not without his own faults, he also genuinely cares for Scorpius’ well-being. The two of them have this brotherly-like bond that is unshakable, and you can tell through their interactions that they’d do anything for one another. Liam is extremely protective of Scorpius, and the trust that Scorpius seems to have for Liam in turn is unwavering. Joey has done a fantastic job of building up a solid friendship between these two characters that feels authentically genuine and so very realistic in many ways. They have quickly become one of my new favorite duos to read about!! 

Second

18 hours ago, Chemical_Pixie said:
On 2/8/2019 at 10:59 PM, Crimson Quill said:

Name of Characters: Marlene McKinnon and Dorcas Meadows
Story Title: Light my way
Author: @lovegood27
Linkclick
Reason for Nomination: I thought this piece was really powerful and depicts a strong and really deep friendship between the two women. Dorcas is trying to help Marlene break away from an abusive relationship, Marlene's abuse is carefully written but it's the friendship that is really the star of this piece. This one-shot shows that friendship is being there for someone no matter what. It's being the strength when they have none. it's fighting for them. It was captured perfectly in this piece.

Seconding

Third! 

On 2/5/2019 at 5:09 AM, StarFeather said:

Name of Characters: Scorpious Malfoy, Hugo Weasley, Albus Potter, Methuselah Jones, Selena Rourke, Rose Weasley
Story Title: Ignite (M)
Author: @Slide
Link:Ignite (M)
Reason for Nomination:

The author sow the seeds, the expectation that new friendship would be born through the series of  predicament happening in Hogwarts,  friendship between Scorp and others. It's interesting to read various people are getting important for him  not just as one of Hogwarts students, but his dearest friends.

Second!

Name of Characters: Alba Williamson & James Sirius Potter
Story Title: Stand Tall
Author: @Chelts-rhj
Link: clicky+
Reason for Nomination: Chelts writes Alba so well, and not only is Alba a fantastic character, her friendship with James throughout the story develops so naturally it's ridiculous. As events continue to unfold and Alba begins losing her trust in James, he refuses to let her drop him completely because he knows she's just trying to shut herself off from the world to deal with things on her own, but as her [redacted] for the [redacted] event, his support of her is just amazing. Does she realize how much he's truly in her corner? Yet to be determined, but either way, Alba and James are a best friendship for the record books! ^_^ 

34 minutes ago, MadiMalfoy said:

Reason for Nomination: Chelts writes Alba so well, and not only is Alba a fantastic character, her friendship with James throughout the story develops so naturally it's ridiculous. As events continue to unfold and Alba begins losing her trust in James, he refuses to let her drop him completely because he knows she's just trying to shut herself off from the world to deal with things on her own, but as her [redacted] for the [redacted] event, his support of her is just amazing. Does she realize how much he's truly in her corner? Yet to be determined, but either way, Alba and James are a best friendship for the record books! ^_^ 

Second.

Name of Characters: Fred Weasley II & Victoire Weasley
Story Title: Shenanigans, Capers, and Hi-Jinks
Author: @abhorsen. (beeezie)
Reason for Nomination: I put out the call for some good old fashioned Victoire/Teddy goodness and I ended up back at this story. It's so insanely good and Fred and Victoire are the BEST of buds. Constantly up to no good, amazing zingers for dialogue between them, and the best kind of emotional support you could really ask for. You'll love them. 

16 hours ago, PaulaTheProkaryote said:

Name of Characters: Fred Weasley II & Victoire Weasley
Story Title: Shenanigans, Capers, and Hi-Jinks
Author: @abhorsen. (beeezie)
Reason for Nomination: I put out the call for some good old fashioned Victoire/Teddy goodness and I ended up back at this story. It's so insanely good and Fred and Victoire are the BEST of buds. Constantly up to no good, amazing zingers for dialogue between them, and the best kind of emotional support you could really ask for. You'll love them. 

seconding! ✌?

On 2/12/2019 at 1:32 AM, MadiMalfoy said:

On 2/12/2019 at 2:07 AM, TreacleTart said:

Second.

Third!

• Alopex locked this topic

Archived