Login/ validation issues? Or need to contact us for any other reason? ×
FanficTalk

Best Long-Form Romance - Nomination Thread

TidalDragon

BEST LONG-FORM ROMANCE

Some love stories can't be told quickly. Maybe they take time to get it through their skulls. Maybe the connection doesn't start off so good. Maybe the existing relationship evolves and deepens over time. Regardless, you know you love their love and the magic of seeing it happen. For this category, we're looking for love stories with a total length of 10,000 words or more.

To make a nomination, please use the form below:

Name of Characters:
Story Title:
Author:
Link:
Reason for Nomination:

To second or third, please quote the original nomination and post "Seconded" or "Thirded" as the case may be.

Please check the thread for nominations, seconds, and thirds before posting your own new nomination! Remember, you're limited to one (1) nomination (including seconding or thirding).

Name of Characters: Abigail Winchester and James Sirius Potter 
Story Title: Complicated 
Author: @ShadowRose
Link: +here
Reason for Nomination: When it comes to epic romance on the archive, Taylor has it nailed. Complicated is a monster of a story that will have you fall hopelessly in love with Abby and James. It’s beautifully written, a masterpiece of character development as two pretty unlikable characters grow through their relationship, transformating into characters you will root for and scream at in equal measure. It is an incredible - incredibly frustrating - slow burn and together they share funny moments, difficult scenes and the times when the fluff is too perfect for words.

7 minutes ago, Sleepingbagonthesofa said:

Reason for Nomination: When it comes to epic romance on the archive, Taylor has it nailed. Complicated is a monster of a story that will have you fall hopelessly in love with Abby and James. It’s beautifully written, a masterpiece of character development as two pretty unlikable characters grow through their relationship, transformating into characters you will root for and scream at in equal measure. It is an incredible - incredibly frustrating - slow burn and together they share funny moments, difficult scenes and the times when the fluff is too perfect for words.

second

6 hours ago, Sleepingbagonthesofa said:

thirded!

Name of Characters: Eloise Midgeon and Cormac McLaggen
Story Title: Logarithmic
Author: @val
Link: here+
Reason for Nomination: even though both eloise and cormac are minor canon characters (and we all hated cormac in HBP, right?) val has managed to bring them to life in a way i've never seen before. she's also managed to make cormac extremely likeable once you get to know his true self. but above all, their relationship progresses slowly (like, really slowly) but when they finally get together they're 'relationship goals' in the full meaning of the word. they're fluffy and cute and adorable and perfect together and don't be surprised when you end up just casually wanting to read about their domestic life for the next 100 chapters because you will. that's how good they are together.

39 minutes ago, starbuck said:

Reason for Nomination: even though both eloise and cormac are minor canon characters (and we all hated cormac in HBP, right?) val has managed to bring them to life in a way i've never seen before. she's also managed to make cormac extremely likeable once you get to know his true self. but above all, their relationship progresses slowly (like, really slowly) but when they finally get together they're 'relationship goals' in the full meaning of the word. they're fluffy and cute and adorable and perfect together and don't be surprised when you end up just casually wanting to read about their domestic life for the next 100 chapters because you will. that's how good they are together.

Second! ^_^ 

Name of Characters: Remus Lupin & Clara Leavitt
Story Title: That's All
Author: @beyond the rain
Link: +HERE
Reason for NominationRemus and Clara are the absolute cutest!! Their love for one another is so genuine and so heartfelt. They believe in each other, and support one other. And the way that Bex uses time-jumps in the story to show the growth in their relationship, from past to present, gives so much more depth to their relationship.I absolutely love how supportive Clara is of Remus, and how he in turn is also the encouragement that she needs to follow her dreams as well. This couple truly does love one other unconditionally, and you just cannot help but to root for them. This story gives you all the feels, and I am just such a fan of Bex's amazing storytelling. 

1 hour ago, RoxiMalfoy said:

Reason for NominationRemus and Clara are the absolute cutest!! Their love for one another is so genuine and so heartfelt. They believe in each other, and support one other. And the way that Bex uses time-jumps in the story to show the growth in their relationship, from past to present, gives so much more depth to their relationship.I absolutely love how supportive Clara is of Remus, and how he in turn is also the encouragement that she needs to follow her dreams as well. This couple truly does love one other unconditionally, and you just cannot help but to root for them. This story gives you all the feels, and I am just such a fan of Bex's amazing storytelling. 

Omg, Yasss! Definitely seconding!

3 hours ago, RoxiMalfoy said:

2 hours ago, Finefrenzy__ said:

Omg, Yasss! Definitely seconding!

Thirding! :wub:

there's already a ton of nominations in this category, but i can't resist adding my own!!

Name of Characters: James Potter & Lily Evans
Story Title: Ice Baby
Author: @dirigibleplums
Link: +bam
Reason for Nomination: I had SO much fun the first time I read this story, and I've had so much fun every time since! James and Lily are both so well-characterized, as individuals and as a couple. Plums has put them in this Muggle AU where they both skate and it just... totally works! Like I did not question any of it for a second. And then they meet and their relationship builds in a way that (imo) parallels the books really nicely. It's just a very genuine and fun portrayal of their relationship! From the moments that they're sniping at each other to the moments they're having serious* conversations to James's musings about how cute Lily is, it's just all so enjoyable and perfectly characterized. The story also features an EXTREMELY strong cast of supporting characters, which makes it all the more enjoyable!

(*no joke, I wrote Sirius here and didn't notice until I was about to hit post, smdh)

Name of Characters: Igor Karkaroff / Grace (OC)
Story Title: What We Become
Author: @Rumpelstiltskin
Link:click (M)
Reason for Nomination: Their complicated situations added the depth to their romance (This good side and that bad side). I've never encountered such intriguing romance before. I'd like to ask the author more (please update more chapters) !

On 2/5/2019 at 6:41 PM, starbuck said:

Thirding!

Names of Characters: Dollie Kent/Sirius Black & Dollie Kent/Remus Lupin  (love triangle)
Story Title: Dangerously in Love
Author: Misty_Rey
Reason for Nomination: I don't think this author is on the forums, but that doesn't make this story any less deserving of this award! I read through DiL in a flash, it seems like, and I couldn't believe the twists that kept happening. Dollie is such a difficult character, but her relationships with Sirius and Remus are both so complex that readers kind of understand why Dollie is the way she is. This story, though a romance, is also distinctly about heartbreak, and I think that dichotomy will appeal to many readers.

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Names of Characters: Hermione Granger/Severus Snape
Story Title: Saving Severus Snape
Author: @MegGonagall
Reasons for Nomination: There's something particularly special about the addictive quality of Saving Severus Snape, there's no question about that, and I think it speaks wonders about what relationships Meg has formed between her characters in this world. While Hermione and Severus didn't hit it off right away when she'd traveled back through time to the Marauder's era, the slow-build into a friendship tumbles into a relationship that is beautifully written. I think one of my favorite parts about this ship is that Meg shows how they are good for each other -- they compliment each other, and despite both their faults, they both tend to lean and bend in the way that a healthy relationship should. While the growing angst of what will ultimately become of their relationship rises over time (given Hermione's time-travel situation), we readers are given a fantastic look at a hearty, flourishing relationship that we can't get quite enough of. 

Just now, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Reasons for Nomination: There's something particularly special about the addictive quality of Saving Severus Snape, there's no question about that, and I think it speaks wonders about what relationships Meg has formed between her characters in this world. While Hermione and Severus didn't hit it off right away when she'd traveled back through time to the Marauder's era, the slow-build into a friendship tumbles into a relationship that is beautifully written. I think one of my favorite parts about this ship is that Meg shows how they are good for each other -- they compliment each other, and despite both their faults, they both tend to lean and bend in the way that a healthy relationship should. While the growing angst of what will ultimately become of their relationship rises over time (given Hermione's time-travel situation), we readers are given a fantastic look at a hearty, flourishing relationship that we can't get quite enough of. 

Second!! :wub:

4 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Ooo Yes!  Soo Good!

Third!

Name of Characters: Wren Longbottom and Albus Potter
Story Title: Rabbit Heart
Author: @Pixileanin
Link: Here
Reason for Nomination: I have just discovered this and oh my days it's fantastic! It's a slow build between Wren (who's an amazing OC) and Albus, who both like each other but are too worried about their friendship to tell the other and I was rooting for Wren and Al from the moment I met them both. Every single character is so well fleshed out and all the sub-plots are incredible. Their love story is set around a really cool and unique vampire plot that will have you guessing 'til the end. Pix's writing is so good and it's so much more than a friends to lovers, I stayed up so late devouring it. Everyone needs to read this!

Name of Characters: Hermione Granger & Theo Nott
Story Title: Collateral
Author: @Renacerá
LinkHere (M)
Reason for Nomination: Emily is a lovely writer and has created a very engaging mystery with Collateral. Though the story is dark, the relationship that slowly forms between Hermione and Theo is very sweet and at times very innocent. She grasps both characters so well and it makes the whole thing quite convincing.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:19 PM, Renacerá said:

Names of Characters: Dollie Kent/Sirius Black & Dollie Kent/Remus Lupin  (love triangle)
Story Title: Dangerously in Love
Author: Misty_Rey
Reason for Nomination: I don't think this author is on the forums, but that doesn't make this story any less deserving of this award! I read through DiL in a flash, it seems like, and I couldn't believe the twists that kept happening. Dollie is such a difficult character, but her relationships with Sirius and Remus are both so complex that readers kind of understand why Dollie is the way she is. This story, though a romance, is also distinctly about heartbreak, and I think that dichotomy will appeal to many readers.

Second!

On 2/9/2019 at 3:05 AM, LadyMarauder said:

Name of Characters: Wren Longbottom and Albus Potter
Story Title: Rabbit Heart
Author: @Pixileanin
Link: Here
Reason for Nomination: I have just discovered this and oh my days it's fantastic! It's a slow build between Wren (who's an amazing OC) and Albus, who both like each other but are too worried about their friendship to tell the other and I was rooting for Wren and Al from the moment I met them both. Every single character is so well fleshed out and all the sub-plots are incredible. Their love story is set around a really cool and unique vampire plot that will have you guessing 'til the end. Pix's writing is so good and it's so much more than a friends to lovers, I stayed up so late devouring it. Everyone needs to read this!

Second.

32 minutes ago, TidalDragon said:

Second.

Thirded! Loved this story so much ?

On 2/9/2019 at 3:32 AM, TreacleTart said:

Name of Characters: Hermione Granger & Theo Nott
Story Title: Collateral
Author: @Renacerá
LinkHere (M)
Reason for Nomination: Emily is a lovely writer and has created a very engaging mystery with Collateral. Though the story is dark, the relationship that slowly forms between Hermione and Theo is very sweet and at times very innocent. She grasps both characters so well and it makes the whole thing quite convincing.

Third!

On 2/6/2019 at 8:24 PM, poppunkpadfoot said:

there's already a ton of nominations in this category, but i can't resist adding my own!!

Reason for Nomination: I had SO much fun the first time I read this story, and I've had so much fun every time since! James and Lily are both so well-characterized, as individuals and as a couple. Plums has put them in this Muggle AU where they both skate and it just... totally works! Like I did not question any of it for a second. And then they meet and their relationship builds in a way that (imo) parallels the books really nicely. It's just a very genuine and fun portrayal of their relationship! From the moments that they're sniping at each other to the moments they're having serious* conversations to James's musings about how cute Lily is, it's just all so enjoyable and perfectly characterized. The story also features an EXTREMELY strong cast of supporting characters, which makes it all the more enjoyable!

(*no joke, I wrote Sirius here and didn't notice until I was about to hit post, smdh)

Second!

On 2/6/2019 at 4:24 AM, poppunkpadfoot said:

thirding!

Name of Characters: Teddy Lupin/Victoire Weasley
Story Title: Under the Radar
Author: @Mistress
Reason for Nomination: She just transferred this story+wrote some new chapters and OMG Teddy is an amazing character and a true Hufflepuff to the core. Victoire is the Queen of Gryffindor. I both love them and want to smack them the entire story. It's another Mistress classic that's going to leave you hanging on the edge of your seat until the very end. By far one of my favorite Teddy/Vic stories of all time! 

• Alopex locked this topic

Archived