Login/ validation issues? Or need to contact us for any other reason? ×
FanficTalk

Best Humor - Nomination Thread

TidalDragon

BEST HUMOR

ROFL. LOL. LMAO. Some stories just get you guffawing. Some are full-bore fun. Others mix up your emotions. Still more have the chuckles baked in to a larger tale. The point is their laughter was music to your ears. This category aims to honor those stories that have you - well, using those internet abbreviations at the top.

To make a nomination, please use the form below:

Story Title:
Author:
Link:
Reason for Nomination:

To second or third, please quote the original nomination and post "Seconded" or "Thirded" as the case may be.

Please check the thread for nominations, seconds, and thirds before posting your own new nomination! Remember, you're limited to one (1) nomination (including seconding or thirding). 

Previous Winners:

• 2018: When Dahlias Bloom by dirigibleplums (Harry Potter)

Story Title: I  Have a Dream
Author: @potionspartner
Linkhttps://hpfanfictalk.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2198
Reason for Nomination: This story is a bit of fanfiction but also a bit original, it is cute and adorable and you don't need knowledge really of the fandoms that the story is derived in.  This story doesn't start out with humor but the clever twist at the end had me chuckling and smiling and it simply blew me away, and I am sure that it will do the same for you.

Story Title: Fishing For Mudbloods
Author: @Deeds
Link: Fishing For Mudbloods (T)
Reason for Nomination: When you read this hilarious parody, you can forget your hardship in your real life. Deeds is our humor queen. Even if you were a Dramione fan or writer, I promise you will repeat lol and lol and lol...

Story Title: The Eccentric Education of the Knight Bus
Link: The Eccentric Education of the Knight Bus
Reason for Nomination: I literally giggled throughout all four chapters of this and tbh it's my favorite story on the archives this far. It's about Stan Shunpike who's such a hilariously clueless character that you can't help but love him. I think Barbara did something truly great here - she took a minor character, but also made that character different from most others, which is truly refreshing. Put some great humor on top and you've got a masterpiece within the genre. 

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Story Title: The Story of Christmas
Author: @lovegood27
Link: Click
Reason for Nomination: I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself. #Classy. ^_^ No, really, the humor throughout this is so amazing, I laughed harder than I had in a very long time. So, you have the Marauders at Hogwarts(which, by nature, are already set up to be hilarious), who decide to hold a nativity play (as written, narrated, and acted out by various Marauders & Lily Evans). If that wasn't enough to convince you, the characterization in this was beautifully done, and the humor is quite silly, but it's all done in good taste and with a good heart behind it. This was a lovely piece to read and I can't imagine laughing harder than I did during this. 

3 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Reason for Nomination: I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself. #Classy. ^_^ No, really, the humor throughout this is so amazing, I laughed harder than I had in a very long time. So, you have the Marauders at Hogwarts(which, by nature, are already set up to be hilarious), who decide to hold a nativity play (as written, narrated, and acted out by various Marauders & Lily Evans). If that wasn't enough to convince you, the characterization in this was beautifully done, and the humor is quite silly, but it's all done in good taste and with a good heart behind it. This was a lovely piece to read and I can't imagine laughing harder than I did during this. 

Seconded. I died laughing while validating and that truly says a lot!

Story Title: A Dead Black Family Christmas
Author: @Felpata_Lupin
Link: Clicky! 
Reason for Nomination: Chiara has such a great grasp on the Maruaders, especially at their most Marauder-ish moments. If you’ve read the prequel to this story, about the Black family’s Christmas when they were young and alive, you’ll love the sequel, when they do it again in the afterlife. There are legit laugh out loud funny moments, especially the response to James accusing his friends of becoming boring. Pranks, antagonizing Bellatrix, Regulus and Sirius, the Marauders being the Maruaders, what more can you ask for? It’s one of the funniest fics I’ve read in quite some time. 

Just now, MegGonagall said:

Reason for Nomination: Chiara has such a great grasp on the Maruaders, especially at their most Marauder-ish moments. If you’ve read the prequel to this story, about the Black family’s Christmas when they were young and alive, you’ll love the sequel, when they do it again in the afterlife. There are legit laugh out loud funny moments, especially the response to James accusing his friends of becoming boring. Pranks, antagonizing Bellatrix, Regulus and Sirius, the Marauders being the Maruaders, what more can you ask for? It’s one of the funniest fics I’ve read in quite some time. 

seconded

Story Title: ministry memorandums (from the mysteries)
Author: @esmeraude
Link: here+
Reason for Nomination: through a series of increasingly humorous ministry of magic letters/memos we see the drama unfold in the department of mysteries. there are fires and owls that go to the loo where they most definitely shouldn't, and scandal and an enormous pile of miscommunication that makes anyone who ever had to deal with bureaucracy laugh out loud (and even the people that haven't because this story is extremely funny)! juniper blye is an amazing character who most definitely needs her own story - her struggle to get things done is absolutely hilarious but also very endearing.

28 minutes ago, starbuck said:

Reason for Nomination: through a series of increasingly humorous ministry of magic letters/memos we see the drama unfold in the department of mysteries. there are fires and owls that go to the loo where they most definitely shouldn't, and scandal and an enormous pile of miscommunication that makes anyone who ever had to deal with bureaucracy laugh out loud (and even the people that haven't because this story is extremely funny)! juniper blye is an amazing character who most definitely needs her own story - her struggle to get things done is absolutely hilarious but also very endearing.

Second! ^_^ 

4 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Third! Snort, laugh, and then fall out of your seat.

Story Title: Those Curious Gryffindor Boys
Link: Here
Reason for Nomination: This is one of the funniest things I've read - I'm laughing just thinking about it! It follows Neville who finds James Potter and Hugo Weasley in a couple of weird situations at school and ends up having to give them a sex talk. I defy anyone to read this without crying with laughter. Neville is just perfect, his characterisation is spot on and there are so many moments in this that could spin off. Also...you'll never think of Harry in the same way after that last sentence. Read it!

Just now, LadyMarauder said:

Story Title: Those Curious Gryffindor Boys
Link: Here
Reason for Nomination: This is one of the funniest things I've read - I'm laughing just thinking about it! It follows Neville who finds James Potter and Hugo Weasley in a couple of weird situations at school and ends up having to give them a sex talk. I defy anyone to read this without crying with laughter. Neville is just perfect...and you'll never think of Harry in the same way after that last sentence. Read it!

I DIED reading this!! So funny!

Seconded!

2 hours ago, starbuck said:

2 hours ago, Aphoride said:

Second! ^_^ 

Third!!! :D

Story Title: The Week of Unknown Pranks
Author: @adorably cute
Link: clicky+
Reason for Nomination: While this is clearly an "Office" AU, Sarah still manages to make me crack up with all of the hijinks that James and Sirius get up to while pranking Severus in the office. She also manages to hide the true perpetrator the whole time while the pranks escalate more and more! The added bonus of magic makes the hilarity that much more unique and funny because it's more grandiose than the actual The Office show can be. The characterization Sarah does too with not only these three, but also Albus Dumbledore, Remus, Lily, and a few other Marauders is so spot-on! Seriously, if you haven't read this yet, what are you waiting for?

Story Title: The Shopping List
Link: +here
Reason for Nomination: the story notes for this read "Eva, being her usual complimentary self, thought I could make a grocery list funny." and eva is absolutely correct. the banter between the potter children in this will 100% have you giggling the entire time. there's so many funny little moments and sibling interactions in it, and you'll definitely get to the end of this story with a smile on your face.

5 hours ago, MadiMalfoy said:

Story Title: The Week of Unknown Pranks
Author: @adorably cute
Link: clicky+
Reason for Nomination: While this is clearly an "Office" AU, Sarah still manages to make me crack up with all of the hijinks that James and Sirius get up to while pranking Severus in the office. She also manages to hide the true perpetrator the whole time while the pranks escalate more and more! The added bonus of magic makes the hilarity that much more unique and funny because it's more grandiose than the actual The Office show can be. The characterization Sarah does too with not only these three, but also Albus Dumbledore, Remus, Lily, and a few other Marauders is so spot-on! Seriously, if you haven't read this yet, what are you waiting for?

Seconded!! (Curse my work schedule for all the things I wanted to nom 1st already being taken, lol!!) ?

I podfic'd this story, and guys, I had so many outtakes because I just couldn't stop laughing!! This fic is hilarious, and Sarah writes the Marauders so incredibly well!! And you'll never guess who the Prankster is, lol!! ? I love everything about this piece so much!!! Madi's right - if you haven't read it yet, you need to go do so right now!!! 

Story Title: dinbolly
Author: @facingthenorthwind
Link: here+
Reason for Nomination: This story is so fun! Albus and Scorpius are both so well-written and enjoyable to read. Their chemistry is palpable and their interactions with each other and with Draco and Astoria are sure to make you smile. And anyone who's ever had an awkward moment with a significant other's family will adore reading Albus's experience playing cards with the Malfoys. You'll laugh; you'll smile; you'll feel the second-hand embarrassment. xD 

Story Title: Bram Stoker Be Rollin' in His Grave RN
Author: @Rumpelstiltskin
Link: click
Reason for Nomination: This collection of one-shots is brilliant - filled with vampire spoofs and hilarious takes on their culture as they try and fit into the human world, recruit more people to their cause or even protect their food source.  Rumpels' writing is creative and original and she's created an hilarious story collection that won't fail to make you laugh.

On 2/6/2019 at 2:50 AM, RoxiMalfoy said:

Seconded!! (Curse my work schedule for all the things I wanted to nom 1st already being taken, lol!!) ?

I podfic'd this story, and guys, I had so many outtakes because I just couldn't stop laughing!! This fic is hilarious, and Sarah writes the Marauders so incredibly well!! And you'll never guess who the Prankster is, lol!! ? I love everything about this piece so much!!! Madi's right - if you haven't read it yet, you need to go do so right now!!! 

Third. @adorably cute

On 2/5/2019 at 1:48 PM, MegGonagall said:

Third

4 hours ago, nott theodore said:

Reason for Nomination: This collection of one-shots is brilliant - filled with vampire spoofs and hilarious takes on their culture as they try and fit into the human world, recruit more people to their cause or even protect their food source.  Rumpels' writing is creative and original and she's created an hilarious story collection that won't fail to make you laugh.

Second! This is one of the funniest stories on the archives. I was dying reading it.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:50 PM, TreacleTart said:
On 2/8/2019 at 5:36 PM, nott theodore said:

Second! This is one of the funniest stories on the archives. I was dying reading it.

Omg yes. Third! ❤️ 

On 2/5/2019 at 4:02 AM, MrsDarcy said:

Story Title: The Eccentric Education of the Knight Bus
Link: The Eccentric Education of the Knight Bus
Reason for Nomination: I literally giggled throughout all four chapters of this and tbh it's my favorite story on the archives this far. It's about Stan Shunpike who's such a hilariously clueless character that you can't help but love him. I think Barbara did something truly great here - she took a minor character, but also made that character different from most others, which is truly refreshing. Put some great humor on top and you've got a masterpiece within the genre. 

Oh, I loved this! Second!

On 2/6/2019 at 11:06 AM, ShadowRose said:

Story Title: The Shopping List
Link: +here
Reason for Nomination: the story notes for this read "Eva, being her usual complimentary self, thought I could make a grocery list funny." and eva is absolutely correct. the banter between the potter children in this will 100% have you giggling the entire time. there's so many funny little moments and sibling interactions in it, and you'll definitely get to the end of this story with a smile on your face.

Second!

Archived