Login/ validation issues? Or need to contact us for any other reason? ×
FanficTalk

Best Reviewer - Nomination Thread

TidalDragon

BEST REVIEWER

You might think this category speaks for itself, but what makes a great reviewer may mean different things to you? Are they running rampant across the archives leaving the love? Are they generous with their words? Do they help you improve your work and praise you at the same time? We want to know who you deem the best at this less heralded skill here.

To make a nomination, please use the form below:

Member:
Link:
Reason for Nomination:

To second or third, please quote the original nomination and post "Seconded" or "Thirded" as the case may be.

Please check the thread for nominations, seconds, and thirds before posting your own new nomination! Remember, you're limited to one (1) nomination (including seconding or thirding). 

Previous Winners:

• 2018: Felpata_Lupin | justawillowtree | Stella Blue
  • 2017: nott theodore

Member: @starbuck
Link: here+
Reason for Nomination: Putting aside the obvious fact that Kris was absolute fire ? in the reviewing event... Her reviews are always a pleasure to receive. She's always there to deliver the squee-worthy reviews, as well as providing some dope feedback and constructive criticism. I always get excited when I see her name pop up on my reviews.

Member: @Renacerá
Link: clicky+
Reason for Nomination: Emily leaves some of the most positive, uplifting reviews around! Especially during this last month with the crazy speed with which reviewing needed to occur, she didn't sacrifice quality for quantity. She truly made sure to touch on each plot point of the stories and chapters she read, and did it all very pleasantly! She's also making it her goal to review every Dramione story on the archives (which is a lot!) so her dedication to not only doing that but also reading so many other things and generally just being a great person even while giving constructive criticism to help improve authors' writing. ^_^ 

Member: @Crimson Quill
Link: +here
Reason for Nomination: It doesn’t matter if they're screaming in all caps or dissecting your characters innermost thoughts, Abbi’s reviews are a joy to get.  Her personality always shines through, they’re in-depth, constructive and encouraging - I’ve had reviews from her which make me laugh or stop and really think about my writing or characters because of the questions she’s posed. She may have used her reviewing powers to capture flags or to hunt down demi-serpents but the best thing about them is the way she she will take her time to really think about your story and it comes across when she leaves her thoughts behind. 

Member: @LadyMarauder
Link: Here
Reason for nomination: Tasha was one of the top reviewers in the Magical Menagerie - she's super active, joined in October and already has 140+ reviews. She's such a sweetheart, the positivity just oozes from her, her words are super encouraging and will instantly make your day. She deserves some love in return ^_^

Member: @ShadowRose
LinkTaylor's review
Reason for Nomination: Her review is very thoughtful and she understands what the author tries to express, which is, I think, very important as a reviewer in the writing community. For example, here's one Les Voyaguers I got from Taylor. Reading her review, I have hope, the world will be okay if more people wish for peace. 

Guest Rumpelstiltskin
11 hours ago, Finefrenzy__ said:

Reason for Nomination: Putting aside the obvious fact that Kris was absolute fire ? in the reviewing event... Her reviews are always a pleasure to receive. She's always there to deliver the squee-worthy reviews, as well as providing some dope feedback and constructive criticism. I always get excited when I see her name pop up on my reviews.

Seconded

23 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:
11 hours ago, Finefrenzy__ said:

Seconded

Thirded

6 hours ago, Sleepingbagonthesofa said:

Member: @Crimson Quill
Link: +here
Reason for Nomination: It doesn’t matter if they're screaming in all caps or dissecting your characters innermost thoughts, Abbi’s reviews are a joy to get.  Her personality always shines through, they’re in-depth, constructive and encouraging - I’ve had reviews from her which make me laugh or stop and really think about my writing or characters because of the questions she’s posed. She may have used her reviewing powers to capture flags or to hunt down demi-serpents but the best thing about them is the way she she will take her time to really think about your story and it comes across when she leaves her thoughts behind. 

seconded!

4 hours ago, MrsDarcy said:

Reason for nomination: Tasha was one of the top reviewers in the Magical Menagerie - she's super active, joined in October and already has 140+ reviews. She's such a sweetheart, the positivity just oozes from her, her words are super encouraging and will instantly make your day. She deserves some love in return ^_^

Second :) 

5 hours ago, MrsDarcy said:

45 minutes ago, lovegood27 said:

Second :) 

Third!

12 hours ago, MadiMalfoy said:

Reason for Nomination: Emily leaves some of the most positive, uplifting reviews around! Especially during this last month with the crazy speed with which reviewing needed to occur, she didn't sacrifice quality for quantity. She truly made sure to touch on each plot point of the stories and chapters she read, and did it all very pleasantly! She's also making it her goal to review every Dramione story on the archives (which is a lot!) so her dedication to not only doing that but also reading so many other things and generally just being a great person even while giving constructive criticism to help improve authors' writing. ^_^ 

Second!

Member: @Rumpelstiltskin
Link: Clicky! 
Reason for Nomination: It isn’t just the fact that Rumpels has 453 reviews to her name, it’s the sheer quality of those reviews. They’re always so thoughtful, sweet and encouraging. And, sometimes, peppered with shouty caps, depending on what you may have done to your characters that chapter/story. Rumpels is also always a beast in any reviewing competition, and can pump them out with the best of them, but never losing quality of her words in the sheer number of reviews she leaves. 

2 minutes ago, MegGonagall said:

Reason for Nomination: It isn’t just the fact that Rumpels has 453 reviews to her name, it’s the sheer quality of those reviews. They’re always so thoughtful, sweet and encouraging. And, sometimes, peppered with shouty caps, depending on what you may have done to your characters that chapter/story. Rumpels is also always a beast in any reviewing competition, and can pump them out with the best of them, but never losing quality of her words in the sheer number of reviews she leaves. 

seconded!

4 minutes ago, MegGonagall said:

1 minute ago, PaulaTheProkaryote said:

seconded!

third!

Member: @Chemical_Pixie
Link: +click
Reason for Nomination: Even though Abby's only been around since April, she's left almost 200 reviews (!!!!!) and every single one of them is SO thoughtful and kind and generous. She comments on all the bits of the story she likes best and talks back to the characters and identifies the things you did well and she's so encouraging and a delight. I cannot do her justice, honestly.

52 minutes ago, facingthenorthwind said:

Member: @Chemical_Pixie
Link: +click
Reason for Nomination: Even though Abby's only been around since April, she's left almost 200 reviews (!!!!!) and every single one of them is SO thoughtful and kind and generous. She comments on all the bits of the story she likes best and talks back to the characters and identifies the things you did well and she's so encouraging and a delight. I cannot do her justice, honestly.

SECOND!!!

I came here to nominate Abby, but Emma beat me to it!! ? Abby always leave the best reviews. Her enthusiasm is like no other, and I LOVE listening to all of of her crazy theories, lol!! Her reviews never fail to brighten my day. 

22 hours ago, RoxiMalfoy said:

SECOND!!!

I came here to nominate Abby, but Emma beat me to it!! ? Abby always leave the best reviews. Her enthusiasm is like no other, and I LOVE listening to all of of her crazy theories, lol!! Her reviews never fail to brighten my day. 

Thirded! Abby has left some amazing reviews and has been incredible in review events since joining! 

On 2/5/2019 at 5:12 AM, MadiMalfoy said:

Thirding!

Member: @TreacleTart
Link: here
Reason for Nomination: Kaitlin's is a reviewing machine was and an absolute star during the Menagerie, but never losing any quality to her reviews, touching on all the plot points! She always makes an effort to check out new stories and leaves really encouraging and enthusiastic words. She always offers great advice, tells your character off when they deserve it and shouts in caps whenever you break her heart. So deserved ?

Member: @facingthenorthwind
Reason for Nomination: Emma's reviews are fantastic! She's hilarious, witty, emotional and always has the right quote/anecdote for every situation. Any review from her is guaranteed to leave you with a huge smile on your face and one of my favourite lift-me-ups is going back to re-read the insults she threw to my characters when they were being extremely idiotic and/or nasty. She'll also point out when something isn't really working or needs fixing (grammar or plot-wise), but she'll always be super kind about it. She's just wonderful! :wub:

19 hours ago, LadyMarauder said:

Reason for Nomination: Kaitlin's is a reviewing machine was and an absolute star during the Menagerie, but never losing any quality to her reviews, touching on all the plot points! She always makes an effort to check out new stories and leaves really encouraging and enthusiastic words. She always offers great advice, tells your character off when they deserve it and shouts in caps whenever you break her heart. So deserved ?

Seconding! Kaitlin left such wonderful reviews on Collateral for me! ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Renacerá said:
21 hours ago, LadyMarauder said:

Seconding!

Third! ❤️ 

On 2/9/2019 at 6:20 AM, Felpata_Lupin said:

Member: @facingthenorthwind
Reason for Nomination: Emma's reviews are fantastic! She's hilarious, witty, emotional and always has the right quote/anecdote for every situation. Any review from her is guaranteed to leave you with a huge smile on your face and one of my favourite lift-me-ups is going back to re-read the insults she threw to my characters when they were being extremely idiotic and/or nasty. She'll also point out when something isn't really working or needs fixing (grammar or plot-wise), but she'll always be super kind about it. She's just wonderful! :wub:

Second!

• Alopex locked this topic

Archived