Login/ validation issues? Or need to contact us for any other reason? ×
FanficTalk

Fred on the Weasley Clock

crowsb4bros

What would happen to Fred's hand on the Weasley clock after he died?

Would it remain on mortal peril? Be stuck on lost?

I'm mentioning it in one of my stories and can't decide.

I KNOW I'M SORRY.

I like the idea of it falling off much more!

I immediately made the headcanon that the Weasley clock is an ancient relic; the Weasleys on it are always the one currently living, and the clock arms of those deceased detach and launch themselves onto the opposite wall to join some sort of family gallery. The Weasley home is small, so the tiny pictures have to suffice. And I imagine there's a lot of them.

My feeling (and what I included in a story before) was that Fred's hand was no longer on the clock.  In my headcanon, his hand disappeared immediately following his death before the rest of the family even made it back to the Burrow. 

I do like Nhaz's idea of a family gallery for deceased family members!

Nhaz's idea is really cool. I love the idea of it representing each generation of Weasleys.

For me, I think it depends on how dark or sad you want it to be.

His hand could always be stuck on a word like "Safe" or "Beyond" or something a little less ominous if you wanted something slightly more positive.

I think that most of my favorite post-Fred stories have the clock hand falling off though. I think that makes sense since he's no longer there.

I definitely don't think it'd be stuck on mortal peril though since once he's died, (depending on their belief system) he wouldn't be in mortal peril any longer.

I read a Tumblr headcanon post once where it fell off and George wore it around his neck as a pendant, and that image really struck a cord with me. : /

• 4 months later...

Archived