Login/ validation issues? Or need to contact us for any other reason? ×
FanficTalk

[March] Story of the Month Voting

Darling_take_off_the_mask

March 2022 SOTM Voting  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which fic should be March's Story of the Month? (As always, please do not vote for yourself)

• Fish for Pearls by Aphoride
    • Battlefields by Sapphire_Skies
    • The Seventh Gate by Ameripuff

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/26/2022 at 11:59 PM

March Story of the Month Voting

Voting will close on February 26th at 11:59 pm GMT!

Nominees:

On 2/6/2022 at 2:12 AM, prideofgalactica said:

Title: Fish For Pearls 
Author: @Aphoride
Link to Story: here 
Warnings [if applicable]: Addiction, Dying/Grieving
Reason for Nomination: Laura's writing is always sublime and the way she depicts setting with both concrete and poetic elements is always second to none. But in this story...I feel totally immersed by absolutely everything. She's taken two fandoms, mashed them together in the most exquisite way, and given us an intriguing premise with endearing characters who have a lot of layers that she slowly peels back and reveals to us in the most natural way. I find myself loving this story more and more each time I return to it. Everyone go check this one out! Oh and, can totally be read fandom blind, so don't let that stop you!

On 2/6/2022 at 5:02 AM, Predictable Chaos said:

Title: Battlefields
Author: @Sapphire_Skies
Link to Story: Accio+
Warnings [if applicable]:
Violence, War
Reason for Nomination: This piece is very aptly named as Sapphire_Skies has addressed multiple battlefields in Lily Evan’s life. Set during Christmas Break, 1976, it looks at character vs. character as she battles her sister, character vs. society as she considers her role with the muggle world as well as the upcoming wizarding world and character vs. self as she continues to question her decision to end her friendship with Severus. With each issue,, one can see the pain and anguish as Lily tries to identify her place with the world, what type of woman she wants to be and what path she will lead. I particularly love her struggles deciding if she should date a muggle boy. He is so sweet and perfect, just not perfect for her. You want to tell her to stop being an idiot, but respect her for recognizing how it probably wouldn’t be a realistically long-term relationship.

On 2/10/2022 at 8:48 PM, Oregonian said:

Title: The Seventh Gate

Author: @Starpuff

Link to Story: Here

Warning: Bullying

Reason for nomination: Drew has re-written his old story The Fifth House , which was well-received in its day, and has made it even better.  It is pure storytelling, full of imaginative (where does he get these ideas?) details and concepts, and a brisk pace full of action.  122,707 words, but I read the first half in one evening and the final half the next evening. It is set in an American magical school, Magus Academy (hitherto unrecorded in fanfic archives) and peopled with a set of OCs whom I instantly loved (including the ones you love to hate).  This story is filled with mystery, drama, frustration, striving, mysticism, and tragic events in the early American history concerning the confrontations between the Native Americans and the white settlers.  There is not another story on the archives (that I am aware of) like this one.