News Ticker

Ask a Staffer

WriteYourHeartOut

:hmm: can the title of the story be in latin? or like, generally in another language? (specifically i'm talking about the title being 'Lex Talionis')?

5 minutes ago, starbuck said:

:hmm: can the title of the story be in latin? or like, generally in another language? (specifically i'm talking about the title being 'Lex Talionis')?

That's fine! As long as the translation doesn't mean something M-rated.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Renacerá said:

That's fine! As long as the translation doesn't mean something M-rated.

naah, it's just a cool sounding name for the 'an eye for an eye' law thingie :P

• Like 1

Hey y'all....

Where is the "Update Status" button...? I see the Status Updates section, but when I click on "Create" I only have options for a topic or an event... Am I missing something?

xx-Ellie

3 hours ago, Wolfgirl said:

Hey y'all....

Where is the "Update Status" button...? I see the Status Updates section, but when I click on "Create" I only have options for a topic or an event... Am I missing something?

xx-Ellie

You have to enable them in your account or profile settings. 

• Like 1

Hey! So I submitted a story shell + 2 chapters for the maze 3 drabbles into the queue and it's got 5 of us as co-authors, however when I pull up the "manage my stories" page it says there's 8 copies of it? 4 of which have both chapters, and 4 that don't? 

I'm not sure what I did or how to fix it. :sad:

I'm not sure either and I'm not an expert, but I don't see anything crazy in the actual queue so it might just be on your manage stories until we validate it. It'll be a little bit before we've validated all the way to it, but once we get there can you let us know if it's still looking crazy on your end? I think something similar happened before and then once validated it all looks normal.

• Thanks 1

I've still got 4 copies :( 1846526792_ScreenShot2018-10-30at11_37_33PM.thumb.png.566f5c25e06c7d2d0f43674ec7bfba75.png

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Margaret said:

I've only seen one copy.

Ditto.

just wanted to throw in that i’ve got the same issue with the gryffindor version - it’s showing up as 5 separate entries on my “manage stories” page, and all 10 chapters of it have already been validated

135D30F6-9B3D-417A-A2E0-AC8B36555066.thumb.jpeg.65009404cac03d9a430204dd21c92144.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, toomanycurls said:

I'm only seeing one story and on the archive so i'm not sure why it's showing strangely on your AP, Madi. :/ 

Is it maybe because I created the story?

3 hours ago, ShadowRose said:

just wanted to throw in that i’ve got the same issue with the gryffindor version - it’s showing up as 5 separate entries on my “manage stories” page, and all 10 chapters of it have already been validated

Taylor did you create the story shell yourself and then add the other authors? 

I also only see one copy! 

On 10/31/2018 at 6:55 PM, MadiMalfoy said:

Is it maybe because I created the story?

Taylor did you create the story shell yourself and then add the other authors? 

I think you've probably figured out who it's happening to. I still haven't an idea for why. <_< I can look at the AP/manage story page code to see if there's something weird with coauthoring. 

• Thanks 1

There are several pairing I write for that are not currently in the list of available pairings for the story tags.... How can these be added?

Hermione Granger/Charlie Weasely

Hermione Granger/Thorfinn Rowle

Hermione Granger/Antonin Dolohov

Hermione Granger/Remus Lupin

Minerva McGonagall/Sirius Black

Arya Stark/Gendry Waters

to name a few....

Hi! Tag requests go in this thread here+ and our Head Auror will add them as she can! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello lovely validators, any chance someone could delete the duplicate review +here?

Done!

hello, i am back again. :ninjavanish:  as always, I have had a rejection and have scoured my inbox but no email. :( could someone let me know what to fix? thank you! :rose:

• 4 weeks later...

Are we allowed to post a link to a WWN Podfic on the associated Story or Chapter Summary in the archive? For instance, @scooterbug8515 did a recording of my If Only in His Dreams, and I'd like to present readers with the option of hearing it by posting a link on the Story Summary here under the banner.

• Like 1

I just wanted to double check the rules around adding real people. I know they can be mentioned, so if a character goes to a gig of a real band, but has no interaction with them other than a dance and little sing along, is that ok? ?