News Ticker

Chatterbox

WriteYourHeartOut

In lieu of status updates (for now, at least - I believe it's something we're still hoping to get, but having trouble coding), I wanted to create this topic where we can just chat about random things, post silly goofy updates that people can reply to, squee about random things, vent if it's needed - all that jazz! Just a cozy little all-site--random-communication topic. ^.^

So y'all... whattup?  ;D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlackPixie

• PinsandKneazles

• Margaret

• ichigopan

Technically... but I've come to expect more from you, farmgirl. ;)

I was the first non staff Slytherin to post in the Dungeon!  That makes me so excited!!

That's awesome! I tried going into the hufflepuff common room but I cannot pm anyone until 24 hours after validation so I'll have to wait until after work tomorrow (:

I think they are trying to fix that issue.  I got lucky and had a staffer PM me a question about my house preference and I asked for the password while we were discussing it.

That's cool! I'm not too worried. I don't think many people are in the common rooms so I'm not missing out on too much I don't think.

The Junior Cert. English exam was a little weird in a number of ways. For one thing, the question on the novel (teachers can choose what novels they do with their classes, so it's a generic question) asked if you were stranded on a desert island, which character in the novel would you like to be stranded with and which would you not like to be stranded with.

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Ah, this is a brilliant idea!  I was sincerely missing status updates to shout random things.  @Margaret - That's the strangest thing I've ever heard.  I mean, I suppose it was a way to test your knowledge of the characterization of at least two characters, but it was quite a creative and moreover round-about way of doing things.  o.O

I am so excited and happy to see more people joining and names that I had worried about not seeing creeping up!  I don't want people to miss out!  *squishes all*

That's awesome! I tried going into the hufflepuff common room but I cannot pm anyone until 24 hours after validation so I'll have to wait until after work tomorrow (:

If you're on Twitter, you can always DM one of the staffers. That's how I got the Slytherin password.

And I know this'll eventually come up so I'll get it out now: I don't like Game of Thrones.

That is a really weird exam question. How do you think you did on it? Hopefully well. Which book was it?

My own Junior Cert. days are a long way behind me. It's an exam taken by students around the age of 15. The exam is a national one - think the O.W.L.S - so anybody can see the exam on the State Examinations website.

The Junior Cert. English exam can be quite creative. It's not unusual for it to ask fanfiction typed questions on the unseen texts, like "write the character's diary entry" or "write the next scene," but this exam took it to new levels. Short story options seemed to dominate in the essay section and the functional writing section had an option to write a blog post about trying to break an unusual world record in order to fund raise, saying what you are fundraising for and what record you are trying to break.

I think the exam was a bit too heavily weighted on the creative side as people who find that difficult would be at quite a disadvantage.

And I know this'll eventually come up so I'll get it out now: I don't like Game of Thrones.

You are not alone!  I've watched maybe a few episodes but it didn't really grab me and I've not read the books.  While I love high fantasy I'm not sure I'd like the books.

Yo, found my really old Tonks avatar until I can make one to rematch my old forum Sig! And I am so happy for this! I, too, miss the random status updates.

Hello everyone! *waves profusely*

I'm so excited for this new forums, but sadly I feel like I haven't been able to get my bearings on the site yet because work has been taking up a lot of my time. And when it's not I'm either sleeping or constantly "attempting" to write. I don't know what it is but with the old forums dying and the prospect of these wonderful new forums, I have felt more and more inclined to get something new on my Author Page. I feel like it's been too long and I have so many known and unknown WIPs just waiting to be written.

You aren't alone Nix in wanting to get more writing done!  I've been slowing working on things myself.  In between everything else I've been doing!  Though I've probably spent too much time here in some respects but I am so in love with this place!

WoW, work on challenge... WoW... Work on challenge... WoW... Work on... This is my husband's fault. (He got a free 30-day WoW subscription when he went to see the movie. Without me.)

a) My attempts to write a comedic 'Albus asks Draco if he can marry his daughter' are failing

b) I loooove how the birthdays show up in the site calendar.

Really, because that sounds like it would be damn funny all on it's own...

Ugh Draco and Hermione aren't working with me to get this story written...Hermione is simply refusing to write a classified ad that is necessary so Draco can reply to it in order to move the plot along...

Guest Tanda

I'm editing my old story and keep posting it on ffnet.

35 chapters so far. I'm wondering how long it will take until Harry gets back Ginny's affection. I'm not good at writing romance...