News Ticker

Theres Only One Bed Challenge | March 31st

CheekyTorah-Lex

There's Only One Bed Challenge

Hey everyone thanks for checking out my challenge and I hope you all will consider taking part in it! 

As per my offsite (Twitter) poll, my next Challenge has been chosen at user request! 

For those of you who don't know: 

The One Bed Trope is when your characters are forced to share one bed. These characters could be friends, they could be rivals, they could be enemies. You are free to write Magical or Non-Magical AU's when it comes to the HP Fandom. 

If you’d like some help I would be happy to give you one of three random choices:

A Canon Pairing!

A Common Fandom Pairing!

A Rare Pairing!

A Crossover Pairing!

Open to all Advisories, themes, genres and whatever directions you want to take this story!  

Fandom: Harry Potter, Grey's Anatomy, The 100, Pride and Prejudice, The Flash, Super Girl, FRIENDS, Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, Twilight

*If you don't see your fandom here I might know it so just ask.*

Deadline: March 31st 2020

I won't have much rules here just the simple ones:

• No previously written stories but you can feel free to spin off of yours or another persons story (with approval of course)

• To elaborate: You may write a one-shot from a one-shot collection as long as it is a stand-alone story and it is not required for me to read other stories to understand the story

• You may combine this challenge with any other current challenge/event out there as long as the other party agrees as well

• Multiple entries are allowed

• Obviously all stories must meet the requirements of (and be posted on) the HPFT Archives

• Please have challenge title and host written in your story summary

• Crossovers are ALLOWED (ex: maybe the flash jumped into the multiverse and landed in Wizarding Britain. Maybe Meredith and Derek from Grey's are in Muggle America and someone takes a trip to Seattle.)

Edited by CheekyTorah-Lex
  • Like 3

I live for tropes and want to challenge myself so heeeeeeere we are. With a maybe.

QUESTION Do you accept brooklyn 99 or not because I don't know where I wanna go with this if i manage to think something up o.o

• Like 1

Would you accept OF for this?  I might be able to squeeze it into my current WIP challenge piece if I work really hard.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ineke said:

I live for tropes and want to challenge myself so heeeeeeere we are. With a maybe.

QUESTION Do you accept brooklyn 99 or not because I don't know where I wanna go with this if i manage to think something up o.o

Yes!!!! I would love me some Brooklyn fic!!!

1 hour ago, Pixileanin said:

Would you accept OF for this?  I might be able to squeeze it into my current WIP challenge piece if I work really hard.

I absolutely would LOVE to read some OF!!! 

Spoiler

Maybe

lost_robin

treacletart

Ineke

poppunkpadfoot

pixileanin

i'll be a maybe - i love this trope and i've never written it, so hopefully i'll come up with something!

• Like 1

I am so so excited everyone!! 

Thank you to everyone for taking a (possible) chance on another of my challenges! I hope you enjoy this as much as I’m going to enjoy reading each and every one of your stories!!!! 

Spoiler

Taker

LunaStellaCat

Maybe

lost_robin

treacletart

Ineke

poppunkpadfoot

pixileanin

down-in-flames

Edited by CheekyTorah-Lex

Can I be a maybe with this? I definitely want to do a Bellarke attempt at this :) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MadiMalfoy said:

Can I be a maybe with this? I definitely want to do a Bellarke attempt at this :) 

Absolutely! I’m always here for bellarke!!! 😍

On 1/5/2020 at 12:58 AM, down-in-flames said:

i'll be a maybe - i love this trope and i've never written it, so hopefully i'll come up with something!

Ahhhh!! I love this trope too! Hoping you do I quite enjoy your stories ☺️

On 1/4/2020 at 4:43 PM, LunaStellaCat said:

I’d like to try this.  Who walks away from a challenge?  I will be a taker. 😃

Yay!!!! I’m excited for you to join this one too!!! Yay!!! 

On 1/3/2020 at 8:06 PM, poppunkpadfoot said:

i'll be a maybe!

Ahhhhh!!! Yay!!

👀👀👀 I’ll be on the edge of my seat for your story ! What would you write if you thought about it right now?

On 1/3/2020 at 5:14 PM, TreacleTart said:

I feel like this screams Dramione. Add me as a maybe. 

Ahhhh DRAMIONE! The ship I started my hp fandom journey with!!! I look forward to it!! 

On 1/3/2020 at 11:43 AM, Lost_Robin said:

Please put me down as a maybe!

Awesome!! I look forward to your entry if you choose to write for my challenge! 

Spoiler

Taker

LunaStellaCat

Maybe

lost_robin

treacletart

Ineke

poppunkpadfoot

pixileanin

down-in-flames

madimalfoy 

I really, really shouldn't, but... I'd like to give this a shot with Murphy/OC in a modern AU, if that's possible. (If not, I can probably plop it in the canon-verse 😋For now put me as a maybe!

Edited by dreamshadow
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 1:08 PM, dreamshadow said:

I really, really shouldn't, but... I'd like to give this a shot with Murphy/OC in a modern AU, if that's possible. (If not, I can probably plop it in the canon-verse 😋For now put me as a maybe!

It absolutely is!!! Murphy needs some love the poor boy.

Spoiler

Taker

LunaStellaCat

Maybe

lost_robin

treacletart

Ineke

poppunkpadfoot

pixileanin

down-in-flames

madimalfoy 

dreamshadow

• Like 1

Guest Noelle Zingarella

@CheekyTorah-Lex, may I submit my entry for the New Year, New You Challenge to this challenge as well? The hosts of the NY, NY Challenge said it was okay with them; and I've got a plot bunny that involves the rare pair Minerva McGonagall/Abraxas Malfoy. (I'm assuming if there are only 2 stories in AO3 with this tag, it counts as a rare pair..)

Spoiler

Taker

LunaStellaCat

Maybe

lost_robin

treacletart

Ineke

poppunkpadfoot

pixileanin

down-in-flames

madimalfoy 

dreamshadow

11 minutes ago, Noelle Zingarella said:

@CheekyTorah-Lex, may I submit my entry for the New Year, New You Challenge to this challenge as well? The hosts of the NY, NY Challenge said it was okay with them; and I've got a plot bunny that involves the rare pair Minerva McGonagall/Abraxas Malfoy. (I'm assuming if there are only 2 stories in AO3 with this tag, it counts as a rare pair..)

You can absolutely do that! And the pairing doesn’t have to be a rare pair that was only an option that if you wanted a rare pair I could give you a random one!  That being said they sound like a very interesting pair!!!

Guest Noelle Zingarella
7 minutes ago, CheekyTorah-Lex said:

You can absolutely do that! And the pairing doesn’t have to be a rare pair that was only an option that if you wanted a rare pair I could give you a random one!  That being said they sound like a very interesting pair!!!

giphy.gif

Thank you! And I'm pretty excited about this pair ;)

9 hours ago, MegGonagall said:

Could you put me down as a maybe? I may have an idea. :) 

Absolutely!!!! ❤️💜💚 looking forward to the possibility of your entry!

Spoiler

Taker

LunaStellaCat

Maybe

lost_robin

treacletart

Ineke

poppunkpadfoot

pixileanin

down-in-flames

madimalfoy 

dreamshadow

meggonagall

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Noelle Zingarella said:

I come bearing my entry:

illecebrous+

Amazing!! You are on fire!!

Spoiler

Entries

Taker

LunaStellaCat

Maybe

lost_robin

treacletart

Ineke

poppunkpadfoot

pixileanin

down-in-flames

madimalfoy 

dreamshadow

meggonagall

I should not, I should resist but... but my love for Clark Cable and Claudette Colbert's 'It Happened one Night' makes me want to at least be a maybe for this.

Ugh... darn you, Lexi... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I should also resist... However, this is too tempting. I'll be a maybe! Probably a non-magic AU Sirius/Remus :D 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 12:20 AM, juls said:

darn you, Lexi... 

You know it's funny but I love when people say this to me 😂 like as if I enjoy being a nuisance *shrug* looking forward to your piece!

11 hours ago, Jen25 said:

I should also resist... However, this is too tempting. I'll be a maybe! Probably a non-magic AU Sirius/Remus :D 

Oooooo!!!!! I look forward to it!! Wooster is my OTP ❤️👀

Spoiler

Entries

Taker

LunaStellaCat

Maybe

lost_robin

treacletart

Ineke

poppunkpadfoot

pixileanin

down-in-flames