News Ticker

prideofprewett

prideofprewett

I figured I probably should do one of these things. So as the name suggests, I’m a Prewett (and by extension Weasley) fan. I’m going to start with some Molly/Arthur fics and we’ll see how it goes from there. Here’s what I currently got bouncing around in my brain.

In Progress (actually writing)
Woven Together: Before her marriage to Arthur, Molly knitted a blanket that later became a fixture in the Weasley household. This is the story of an object that was there for every member of the Weasley family at different points in their lives and served a particular purpose in those moments.   

Alright so one day I was headcanon-ing with a friend about something that didn’t even end up in this fic, but essentially spawned this idea that there was a blanket that was used in a lot of different ways in each of the Weasley’s (plus Harry & Hermione) lives. It’s essentially a series of drabbles and one-shots of random scenes that are fluffy and about the fam. 

Pending (still outlining/brainstorming)
A Lion Still Has Claws: First Wizarding War fic feat. Molly, Arthur, and a slew of canon characters. Loosely a sequel to We Were Only Kids because I’m going to borrow some OCs from there as well as some other concepts that were created in that fic. But I’ll explain them well enough so that reading of We Were Only Kids is not required.   

Backburner (probably should revise/rework, but not sure yet)
We Were Only Kids: After an awkward first encounter in their first year, Arthur and Molly begin a tentative friendship that slowly blossoms into something more. But a darkness lingers on the horizon of their young lives, forcing them to face fears and make decisions they might not have otherwise. Ratings may increase by chapter as they grow up and subject material matures.

So I churned this one out in the span of four months while on maternity leave, thinking I would just write a little snippets series that was essentially one chapter per year at Hogwarts. Ha! The fic ended up being twenty-five chapters in length. Like they say, “you make plans, and life happens anyway.” And that’s sort of what occurred with this one. There were some things I REALLY liked about it. And there were some things I wrote because at the moment they felt good or I was in a mood and now I’m kind of like WHAT THE HECK, COURTNEY? I was lazy and it’s sloppy in a lot of areas. Soo...I might go back and revise this and post here or it might just remain up on ao3 and ff.net as is. Either way, I think some time apart from it might be a good thing while I work on some of the other things.      

Like I’ve mentioned to some of you some other loose ideas I have that may later turn into plots:

1. A fic about the Sacred Twenty-Eight families and how the Prewetts/Weasleys fell out of favor with them.
  2. A Gideon & Fabian Prewett centered fic. Maybe about loves lost or something, I honestly don’t know, but I just love them and want to do something with them.
  3. Something with Ted/Andromeda Tonks because they’re cute, and hold old married couple status too.

That’s all my brain has at the moment. Hopefully I did this right. 

• Like 2

Woven Together looks sooo good I am really looking forward to reading it

And there were some things I wrote because at the moment they felt good or I was in a mood and now I’m kind of like WHAT THE HECK, COURTNEY?

I am... not convinced this is a bad thing. Weird shit that felt good to write sounds fab to me tbh

Once again I'm upvoting Ted/Andromeda. If you're looking for stories to read, I'd recommend you check out bookdinosaur's author page - she's our resident Tedromeda stan and has written several stories about them with pretty interestingly different versions of their origin story.

• Like 1

I absolutely LOVE the idea of Woven Together! What a cool idea, almost like an object biography of the history of the family.  I think I saw you posted the first few chapters on the archive, so I'll definitely check them out soon :)

Your fic idea about the sacred 28 also sounds so interesting! I touch on some of my head canons about the sacred 28 in my Luna fic, mostly in the background.  Do you have any particular head canons about how the Prewetts and Weasleys fell out with them? 

I also adore the entire Tonks family so I'll keep an eye out for your Ted/Andromeda fic as well.  I'm currently plotting a fic about Andromeda and Tonks, and one day I might try to tackle a Ted/Andromeda one as well. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 10:52 PM, sinnersandsapphics said:

Woven Together looks sooo good I am really looking forward to reading it

I am... not convinced this is a bad thing. Weird shit that felt good to write sounds fab to me tbh

Once again I'm upvoting Ted/Andromeda. If you're looking for stories to read, I'd recommend you check out bookdinosaur's author page - she's our resident Tedromeda stan and has written several stories about them with pretty interestingly different versions of their origin story.

Aww you're so sweet! I'm really having a fun time writing it, particularly the parts from the kids point of view. 

And I think I'm leaning towards posting We Were Only Kids on here. I want to make some minor revisions because some plot lines I just kind of lazy copied and pasted, so I need to think through them a bit more. I also momentarily freaked it would be super close to another fic that already exists, but I think they're different enough even if they expplore baby Arthur/Molly. Do you ever worry that you're having too similar ideas to people? I mean I don't maybe I think too much 😅

And thanks for the recommendation! I'm definitely checking out that stuff! I don't have anything in the works for them, beyond the minor cameo they will have in A Lion Still Has Claws. 

19 hours ago, Hawksquill said:

I absolutely LOVE the idea of Woven Together! What a cool idea, almost like an object biography of the history of the family.  I think I saw you posted the first few chapters on the archive, so I'll definitely check them out soon :)

Your fic idea about the sacred 28 also sounds so interesting! I touch on some of my head canons about the sacred 28 in my Luna fic, mostly in the background.  Do you have any particular head canons about how the Prewetts and Weasleys fell out with them? 

I also adore the entire Tonks family so I'll keep an eye out for your Ted/Andromeda fic as well.  I'm currently plotting a fic about Andromeda and Tonks, and one day I might try to tackle a Ted/Andromeda one as well. 

Thank you so much for your kind comments! It was intended to be a drabble series, but as you will see from Charlie & Bill's chapters, I can no longer say that haha. 

And for the Sacred Twenty Eight thing...I don't have much. I don't even know how far and deep I'll go with it within their families. The most recent idea I have is, what if there was like a "debutante ball/coming out" sort of thing for Pureblood girls and somehow Molly and Andromeda crossed paths at this event and kind of helped each other on the way to marrying Arthur and Ted as opposed to one of the Purebloods their families. You know, because in my mind, there might be 3-5 years between them age wise? I don't know? In that universe, Arthur's family would have already fallen out of favor and Molly's parents would likely disown her. I'd have to work Fabian and Gideon in somehow as rebelling against their parents beliefs I suppose. And this would have to operate in a totally different universe than my "Mama Prewett is a feminist witch" storyline that I have in another fic. Or I thought perhaps the Prewetts are on the brink of bankruptcy for some reason and Lucretia Black is the only one who can save them and she's trying to use Molly to marry her off rich or something. I don't know...it might have to take place in a different time period or something...we'll see haha!

And yay! I love Tonks as a character as well and Mother/Daughter relationships can be complicated. So I will definitely be on the look out for that one! 😊  

Four chapters of Woven Together are up! Gahh hope they are halfway decent, I have never written anything from a child/pre-teen's POV. I saw Charlie like a crazy energized little kid and Bill trying so hard to be a cool dude (who always wants to still do kiddie things with Charlie). And of course, I'm a terrible human and have to insert some level of domestic angst between Molly/Arthur. I swear, I do love them, even though I'm addicted to angst haha. Now as le bébé naps I'm working on little Ronnie's chapter. And more Molly in this one too so yay! 😊

• Like 2

So I guess that idea for the Sacred Twenty-Eight is kind of taking priority in my brain over everything else haha. And slowly it's spawning into a Cedrella Black/Septimus Weasley fic. I guess I'm just curious in exploring them more as an extension of Arthur's character. I know I'm kind of crazy hah. But here's some dialogue below from an interaction they share in a darkened corner of a library early on. The year is 1934. No idea when I'll be posting this (if at all), but enjoy this bit haha.  

He noticed a streak of red sneaking up through the tightly buttoned collar of her blouse and stretching along the underside of her angular jaw. It appeared to be a burn mark, but a calculated one that ended just before it could grace her right cheek. 

If she hadn’t been so intent on regarding him with her head tilted back haughtily, he likely wouldn’t have noticed. But she was a Black, and they were notoriously bred with a streak of overconfidence that was difficult to tame. Not that this altered any feelings he already harbored towards her.

He angled his face forward to examine the mark in the dim light of the library, his gaze unwavering at the sight of the scar. “Who did this?” He nodded at it questioningly before his eyes flickered up to meet hers. “Urquart?” He would kill the bastard.

Suddenly aware of how she’d let the side down in this moment, Cedrella Black brought her chin down and glanced off to the side. He caught a glint of indifference in her slate blue eyes as she spoke firmly, “That is none of your concern.”

He flinched at her steely tone, but just couldn’t help himself. “You may not think it my concern, but I shall feel concern for you anyway.”

Her narrowed gaze landed on him once more, and she continued with her reprimand. “Your feelings are misplaced, Mr. Weasley.”

Unable to help himself, his mouth twitched into a slight grin while he leaned closer to whisper,  “Perhaps you can help me to retrieve them, Ms. Black.”

Also am I a lazy writer for using italics for emphasis hah? A tumblr post had me thinking, but I dunno how else to convey it. So I suppose that puts me in the "pry the italics from my cold dead hands," camp. 

Just avoiding writing the next chapter of Woven Together by creating picspams. But if you’ve read it and were curious about what the blanket looked like here it is. I felt like it gave off an appropriate vibe for the era and was a totally Weasley design too. Anyway...hope everyone’s have a great day! 😊

A7F6F1EC-C2EA-4EB6-B677-753A35EAB9D1.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Does anyone else have a problem with one-shot story ideas turning into multi-chaptered monstrosities? Or is that just me? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, prideofprewett said:

Does anyone else have a problem with one-shot story ideas turning into multi-chaptered monstrosities? Or is that just me? 

*raises hand* uh...me.  All of my plot bunnies end up turning into long novel-length ideas that are just intimidating! And also I don't want to work on more than one Big Project at once :P

It's only recently that I've even been able to write one shots (and the other day I wrote drabbles for the first time!) I think writing challenges with deadlines definitely help.  Also I'm trying to think more about what I want the story to accomplish, and what's the best way to do that - best doesn't always mean longest!  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hawksquill said:

It's only recently that I've even been able to write one shots (and the other day I wrote drabbles for the first time!) I think writing challenges with deadlines definitely help.  Also I'm trying to think more about what I want the story to accomplish, and what's the best way to do that - best doesn't always mean longest!  

I think you're right in participating in writing challenges and having a deadline will drive the urgency to not write so much, but more meaningful. And that's a good point about trying to search for the what the story is doing versus how much you are doing with it. I think part of my problem too is, I'm afraid to delete the wrong thing? So dialogue is my sweet spot, so anytime I write any halfway decent description or internal monologue with a character, I cling to it like a life preserver and never want to let go. Even if it doesn't always fit in with what I'm trying to achieve, I always try to force it in there so I don't have to rewrite it haha. I don't know if that makes sense. Thanks for listening to my rambles! :twothumbsup: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prideofprewett said:

I think you're right in participating in writing challenges and having a deadline will drive the urgency to not write so much

IS THIS HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK?

*shoves all my half-drafted, challenge-inspired fics under the bed*

I feel you on not wanting to throw away bits of things that you've drafted and feeling like you want to find a home for them. My gdocs are littered with outtakes and half-baked scenes that I loved but just wouldn't fit somewhere. Perhaps they can be repurposed in other fics in the future? Especially if you write a lot of, you know, a particular ship. 👀 

Years ago when I started writing fic, writing a one-shot or a chapter that was more than 3K words was huge for me. These days my chapters and one-shots are getting longer, and I have totally had fics that have grown out of one-shots. It's a blessing and a curse. (Must Be One of Arthur's Boys was originally going to be chapter 1 as a one-shot only!)

What multi-chapter monstrosity are you currently writing for us??

spacer.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RonsGirlFriday said:

IS THIS HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK?

*shoves all my half-drafted, challenge-inspired fics under the bed*

I feel you on not wanting to throw away bits of things that you've drafted and feeling like you want to find a home for them. My gdocs are littered with outtakes and half-baked scenes that I loved but just wouldn't fit somewhere. Perhaps they can be repurposed in other fics in the future? Especially if you write a lot of, you know, a particular ship. 👀 

Years ago when I started writing fic, writing a one-shot or a chapter that was more than 3K words was huge for me. These days my chapters and one-shots are getting longer, and I have totally had fics that have grown out of one-shots. It's a blessing and a curse. (Must Be One of Arthur's Boys was originally going to be chapter 1 as a one-shot only!)

What multi-chapter monstrosity are you currently writing for us??

spacer.png

Omg shut up and let me live in denial that challenges will actually be an effective writing tool and I will magically become a total boss with my writing habits :roflol:

And gosh, I can't imagine Must be One of Arthur's Boys as a one-shot, so thank god or whatever higher power you belief in, if any, that it exists like it does. Honestly I want it read at my funeral. Ok, maybe that's dramatic, but it's hecka good, and deserves that level of praise.

And ha! Ok, so I guess since I've been teasing the fluffy Molly/Arthur fic for a week now, I'll at least give you SOMETHING about it. It's a Molly plans a low key weekend with her girlfriends at Shell Cottage sort of fic, but boys end up crashing it and all of her plans unravel and she's all frazzled about it because like girl's somewhat of a planner, even at eighteen. Of course Arthur;s there and stupid cute stuff happens and boom they're like, "hey yeah, maybe we kind of like each other, let's date." So arguably an AU, given in canon they were dating at Hogwarts, but like whatever. I am confident enough that it's decent enough that none of that matters. I intended it as a one-shot, but I've outlined four chapters. I think that's all it is. But who knows, I speak shit in and out of existence all the time.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, prideofprewett said:

Ok, maybe that's dramatic, but it's hecka good, and deserves that level of praise.

:wub: 

29 minutes ago, prideofprewett said:

It's a Molly plans a low key weekend with her girlfriends at Shell Cottage sort of fic, but boys end up crashing it and all of her plans unravel and she's all frazzled about it because like girl's somewhat of a planner, even at eighteen. Of course Arthur;s there and stupid cute stuff happens and boom they're like, "hey yeah, maybe we kind of like each other, let's date."

spacer.png

• Haha 1

ayy, that molly and arthur fic sounds really good - i haven’t actually read uhm any molly/arthur fics, except for woven together, but i love what you’ve got planned for the fluffy supposed-to-be-one-shot-but-now-it’s-four-chapters fic! i’ve also been enjoying reading woven together - i’ve got to catch up because the past week has been kinda hellishly chaotic but the two chapters i read made me smile and go all heart eyes at the weasleys and the weasley blankie!! so it felt really good reading it. do you have a rough estimate of how many blankie-specific-chapters you’re going to write?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pirate grumpy cat said:

ayy, that molly and arthur fic sounds really good - i haven’t actually read uhm any molly/arthur fics, except for woven together, but i love what you’ve got planned for the fluffy supposed-to-be-one-shot-but-now-it’s-four-chapters fic! i’ve also been enjoying reading woven together - i’ve got to catch up because the past week has been kinda hellishly chaotic but the two chapters i read made me smile and go all heart eyes at the weasleys and the weasley blankie!! so it felt really good reading it. do you have a rough estimate of how many blankie-specific-chapters you’re going to write?

You are too kind! And it's totally ok, I get it...my work likes to kick my butt consistently. For some reason they think I have "leadership," qualities and want me involved in all of these projects LOL. But anyway, the cute fic I mention above is currently in the queue, so *dances triumphantly*. And Woven Together is going to be 11 chapters (I think?). I originally intended it to be just about the Weasley's, but I think I have ideas for Hermione and Harry too. And they eventually do become Weasley's, so whateves it's fine I think hah. This is one I actually have the chapters planned out, but I keep switching up the order of them haha.   

• Like 2

This journal is like a total hot mess. I don't even know what I'm doing. If this was my physical journal I probably would have several pages ripped out or have set it on fire by now. So some of these things have been touched on in Woven Together and in the new, young fluffy Molly/Arthur fic (titled Comfort in Chaos). But touched on as in, mentioned in conversation or during a character's internal monologue. They won't be actively involved like I plan in my First Wizarding War fic  (titled A Lion Still Has Claws). But I've gotten some questions about it, so I figured I would elaborate a bit here. Also, forgive me if I say the wrong thing here. I'm a wee bit tired and not feeling all that great, so maybe these ideas are half formed? 

Witches Equal Rights Committee (or commonly known as WERC in my stories) is basically a feminist organization that rallies to ensure witches and wizards are on equal playing field. Now considering the Wizarding World appears more progressive than the Muggle one...I'm looking at their female Minister of Magic in the 60s...why would such an organization like this need to exist? Well, I think there might be some disparages between women and men in the Wizarding World, in spite of women having the same opportunities. I still believe workplace discrimination would've existed and that women would've had to deal with unfavorable opinions in the media when they merely did the same thing that their male counterparts did. And another thing I think this could address is unequal pay for women who were working. And eventually this organization, which was previously backed by a lot of respectable Pureblood witches (i.e. Mama Prewett), shifts to become more of an "equality for all," type of organization. So subsets arise like "Squibs Equal Rights," or "Muggle Born Equal Rights," and what not. 

Muggles with Magical Abilities House (previously known as MMA, but I keep thinking of Mixed Martial Arts, so I have to come up with a better acronym hah) is like an orphanage type house for Muggle Born children whose parents don't want them because of their magical abilities or abuse them or what not. I think I've worked out how the organization was founded, how it runs, and why its existence is short lived, but still thinking through this piece of it. I created this as a way for Molly to have a part-time job when Bill and Charlie were little. I could totally see her wanting to do something with kids, but then missing her own so much and then something traumatic happening because they are at war, and she stops working and stays at home. That's also how I intend to explain the age gap between Charlie and Percy because I was looking for something a little different to achieve that. 

• Like 2

️ Sunday morning coffee musings:

Anyone else feel like there was some sort of secret club for all of those who were excommunicated from the Black family? Like a mysterious letter appears to all the kids from the Marauders gen that says something like: “Questioning your family’s ideologies? Meet up here.” Ok, so maybe it wouldn’t be that obvious. But this idea is still swirling dust about in my head. And maybe this idea makes no sense given that Sirius went to live with the Potters instead of someone else in his own family. But maybe that was a choice he made. Maybe he did have the option of bunking with Dromeda but she was married and had Dora, so he felt awkward about invading that. And Cedrella Weasley, because she totally was involved in this in my mind, was a bit older and he didnt really know her too much. Maybe this could’ve been a thing. Maybe this was already written I don’t know. These are just my half formed thoughts pre-caffeine buzz.

• Like 1

It's an interesting idea. As far as Cedrella, I doubt Sirius had much contact with her as a child so he probably wasn't comfortable going there. Why didn't he go to Andromeda? Perhaps it was because he felt awkward invading Dromeda's new family but I think it was more that he was protecting them. His older cousin already had a target on her back because of her choices in marriage. Perhaps that was Druella and Cygnus's decision whether to go after their daughter or not (which obviously they didn't.)  Perhaps Sirius was afraid that if he went to them, it would give the rest of the family (including his psycho mother) an excuse to hurt the Tonks.

I wonder if Reggie went to talk to Andromeda before he died or he tried to talk to his brother (who didn't respond.)  I just feel like he made a very lonely decision and wish he had someone to talk to about it (besides Kreacher.)

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 9:27 AM, potionspartner said:

It's an interesting idea. As far as Cedrella, I doubt Sirius had much contact with her as a child so he probably wasn't comfortable going there. Why didn't he go to Andromeda? Perhaps it was because he felt awkward invading Dromeda's new family but I think it was more that he was protecting them. His older cousin already had a target on her back because of her choices in marriage. Perhaps that was Druella and Cygnus's decision whether to go after their daughter or not (which obviously they didn't.)  Perhaps Sirius was afraid that if he went to them, it would give the rest of the family (including his psycho mother) an excuse to hurt the Tonks.

I wonder if Reggie went to talk to Andromeda before he died or he tried to talk to his brother (who didn't respond.)  I just feel like he made a very lonely decision and wish he had someone to talk to about it (besides Kreacher.)

All good things to think about. I know...I feel like this would need to be explained in more detail/more developed than I just rambled about it here. But good point about them not reaching out because of safety reasons and them being at war. Or perhaps because The Black family is so huge, there's no way to know all the members? Although I feel like maybe those who were blasted off the tree would be known to the children in the families. Like the parents would probably use their stories as like cautionary tales or something to get their kids to conform to their ideals. So I feel like maybe they would know "the bad Blacks," at least by name and were encouraged to avoid them should they ever come into contact with them. 

And interesting thought on Reg and Andromeda. I wonder if there was a significant age gap between them, if he would even feel comfortable doing that. I don't know...things to think further about...

On 9/12/2020 at 6:42 AM, prideofprewett said:

Witches Equal Rights Committee (or commonly known as WERC in my stories) is basically a feminist organization that rallies to ensure witches and wizards are on equal playing field

This is a fun idea.  As I was creating my own fiction for the American-side of the pond, I decided that Americans would use the gender-neutral term "mage" to describe anyone with magical abilities.  This addresses many inequalities (the binary system of needing to be addressed as either witch or wizard) and the gender-dominant adjectives applied everywhere (the wizarding world of Harry Potter...).  I would see something like the WERC expanding into more LGBTQ+ areas of society over time, so that even though they've moved to more progressive actions toward women, there are always groups of individuals who are the victims of bias.

Muggles with Magical Abilities House

So that's more tricky, since you want to get the term 'Muggle-Born' (because they aren't really muggles anymore, right? 😜) into an acronym and not too much starts with "MB".  So you could use MBMA or maybe the 'House for Orphaned Muggle-Born'  (HOMB, which could be pronounced 'home'?) 

That's also how I intend to explain the age gap between Charlie and Percy because I was looking for something a little different to achieve that. 

What, two "whoopsie's" in a row doesn't explain it? 

1 minute ago, Ameripuff said:

This is a fun idea.  As I was creating my own fiction for the American-side of the pond, I decided that Americans would use the gender-neutral term "mage" to describe anyone with magical abilities.  This addresses many inequalities (the binary system of needing to be addressed as either witch or wizard) and the gender-dominant adjectives applied everywhere (the wizarding world of Harry Potter...).  I would see something like the WERC expanding into more LGBTQ+ areas of society over time, so that even though they've moved to more progressive actions toward women, there are always groups of individuals who are the victims of bias.

So that's more tricky, since you want to get the term 'Muggle-Born' (because they aren't really muggles anymore, right? 😜) into an acronym and not too much starts with "MB".  So you could use MBMA or maybe the 'House for Orphaned Muggle-Born'  (HOMB, which could be pronounced 'home'?) 

What, two "whoopsie's" in a row doesn't explain it? 

Good point on the whole binary system with WERC. I didn't consider that previously. Always good to see another perspective though in order to help check my bias and privilege. I think I foresaw the organization as something similar to the feminist movement of the 1960s (initially), and was using that in rough terms. I am still kind of deciding if the organization will fizzle out entirely or evolve overtime as you have mentioned. I definitely had plans to evolve it on the magical spectrum of things? So it wasn't just related to gender, birth/blood status, but also maybe magical capabilities? I'm not entirely sure if that alienates my audience further or proves to be less inclusive, but again these ideas here are very rough and can definitely use additional contemplation. I really appreciate your point of view & I seriously need to jump into your story! Hey, I added it to my reading spreadsheet, so that's something right?

And for the MMA thing gahh...good point. Again, I figured with the times, this sort of thing would either evolve or become obsolete. Thanks for giving me some additional things to think about here. 

And LOL. I mean...I'm not opposed to this idea. My original thought was two babies are a lot, a war's happening, Arthur's putting in OT, Molly's tired and just not into it and time marches on until it's like OOPS. And I guess I suppose that is kind of what happens (we don't see it in the frame of the fic though). But I just kind of wanted to give Molly something to do too I guess that tied into the whole web of feminism and "fighting the good fight," in the first war. Perhaps my own modern POV is influencing it too much for it to be believable?

Thanks again for your input! You've given me a lot to think about in order to help craft these ideas. Thanks friend! :) 

• Like 1

When you find something like this saved under a very obscure document name and are like HOLY SHIT I ACTUALLY LIKE MY WRITING FOR ONCE.

Spoiler

“What if they can see?” She whispered tersely, her fingers gripping his forearm so tightly, she was bound to leave a mark. 

It didn’t matter anymore. He was used to being marked by time and war. She might as well stake her claim on him as well.  

“Then let them see,” He offered throatily, his mouth descending onto hers in a definitive act. 

To love her was an act of rebellion against everything The Dark Lord stood to destroy. To find the strength to make love to her now in the middle of sheer darkness and despair was true bravery in itself.

The only problem is...figuring out where to put this little scrap of what I assume I originally intended to be smutty angst. 

Edited by prideofprewett
  • Like 3

Just casually avoiding writing the final chapter of Comfort in Chaos by making a shittay picspam and playlist for it. Apparently that's a new habit. (I tried. I haven't done anything like this in YEARS, peeps. Also if you click that link & it shares all my “dirty secrets” in way of half finished/draft playlists, try not to judge me too badly.) 

image.png.9f8e1769a0567ed3bec558969123418d.png

1960's beachy, let's awkwardly (and adorably) fall in love feels [here]

01. "Caution (Madism Remix)" by The Killers || "tonight the winds of change are blowin' wild and free"

02. "All I Really Wanna Do" by Cher ||  "all i really wanna do, is baby, be friends with you"

03. "Smooth Sailin'" by Leon Bridges || "fear is the hand that pulls your strings"

04. "Rearrange Us" by Mt. Joy || "i wonder how the future knew, what we were supposed to do"

05. "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac || "wouldn't you love to love her?"

06. "All This And Heaven Too" by Florence + The Machine || "and all my stumbling phrases never amounted to anything worth this feeling"

07. "Love You For A Long Time" by Maggie Rogers || "i saw your face and i knew it was a sign"

08. "Here Comes The Sun" by The Beatles || "here comes the sun, and i say, it's alright"

09. "No Sleep" by Caamp || "i want to love her all day, for the rest of my life"

10. "People Need A Melody" by The Head and the Heart ||  "people need a melody to open their eyes"

Edited by prideofprewett
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Plotting Ideas:

Now that I've finished Comfort in Chaos, I think I've resolved myself to the fact that I'm writing sequel. I was kind of opposed to the idea since this is sort of an AU, but I mean...it's young Arthur/Molly and I am in the mood. No idea what this will be titled, but they'll be dating and cute, young working adults pre-marriage and kids. But I have a sneaking suspicion their parents (mainly the Mums) might not get along based on a one liner I dropped in Comfort in Chaos. We'll see how this one pans out while I also work on my Septimus/Cedrella fic for NaNo. I think it would be absolutely INSANE to work on writing Septimus/Cedrella simultaneously at two different stages in life, so one might need to be finished before the other one can be started haha. If for no other reason than for keeping my own sanity. 

WIP:

Hardened Hearts Say Unimaginable ThingsCedrella Black is expected to do a great deal many things, but opening her heart up to Septimus Weasley isn’t one of them.

My NaNo project I think. If you want to follow me on that site, I am marthalevinson (you know because fringe characters of Downton Abbey obsession). But yeah I feel like less is known about this branch of the Black Family tree, so I wanted to explore that more. Plus this will tie the whole "why the Weasley's are known blood traitors," thing into this story. And uhm mentions of the Prewetts for sure...I don't know how deep I'll go, but there might be a mention here or there.   

Woven Together: Molly knitted a blanket and it takes a journey over the course of a million years (ok, not a million but like 20ish, I mean how ridiculous is this idea LOL) with each memory of the family. Currently working on George's chapter. Which is proving to be difficult because who's George without Fred, and who are the Weasley twins without a little chaos? But also writing them as being crazy, naughty boys and not writing Molly as "mean old Mum," is a fine line that I'm currently walking. Especially since I kind of did her a little dirty in Arthur's POV chapter and maybe even Charlie's I mean maybe I didn't but I feel a little guilty about how I wrote her there so :(. So yes, it's taking much longer than I expected it to.

And I'm still debating if I even try to revisit We Were Only Kids. I'd like to explore some aspects of it one day because there are some really cute moments. But I just don't know the more grounded I become in this AU young Arthur/Molly universe, the more I worry about being able to have both worlds exist in my brain (especially when I'm already convoluting everything by having the OCs crossover). Things to continue to ponder I guess :)

Hope everyone is doing ok with their writing! ❤️  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to my chaotic mess of a story that I decided to do for NaNo. :) It is fanfiction that also sort of feels like original fiction, since we have minimal details about Cedrella Black and Septimus Weasley. So it’s fun, exciting, and a little bit overwhelming (because what if I screw up Arthur’s parents? yikes!). But you only live once and I need to just keep writing if I want to keep writing. So here we go! :D

Title: Hardened Hearts Say Unimaginable Things

Summary: Cedrella Black is expected to do a great deal many things, but opening her heart up to Septimus Weasley isn’t one of them. 

More on the plot: It’s 1935 and the elite of the wizarding world spend their summer in London, attending various parties and social events. Those witches and wizards of age, are expected to make respectable matches. Cedrella Black, having put off Preston Malfoy the previous year, is feeling increased pressure from her family to find a husband. She’s being pushed off towards Montgomery Nott, who is kind of dull but also a brute (probably because he’s dumb and Cedrella makes him feel insecure, but again, subject to change). Septimus Weasley, the seventh Weasley brother, has been around the same summer social circuit for a few years now. If it wasn’t for the fact that his maternal grandmother is so well respected, he probably wouldn’t be invited to half of the events. He hangs around his older brother Faustus, who is in a similar predicament to him. 

So cue these two meeting and falling in love and getting married and Cedrella getting disowned. Oh yeah, and this will also serve as my "how the Weasley's fell out of favor with The Sacred Twenty-Eight" story idea hah. 

3kpgR8i5rnRsKLy6piQmtmD1HrARmDTmC1FIo-nOoj-VZ012RDqL4tUCGG-29KzOU-yFsrKRA-orZ0E-73Pw891NeSsluQFlBCmux_kSv45vGqUL9j4oaEIp0SF8D_YF2QbRKRkR

pinterest board

Featured Blacks (subject to change based on how much I want to make myself go insane):

Cedrella’s Parents: 

• Arcturus Black (51) I definitely need to work on Arcturus as a character or just have him be an absent parental figure. I am not sure what I have in mind for him just yet.
  • Lysandra Yaxley (45) She’s definitely a stone cold. But I’m still working on reasons for her being like this. Some Lysandra quotes I already have planned (in some form):
    • “It’s Callidora, Cedrella. If I wanted you to call your sister, Calli, I would have named her as such.” (She really hates pet names and nicknames, so of course Cedrella and her cousin Rory make fun of her secretly for it).
    • “Did you really expect a Malfoy to wait for you?”

Cedrella’s Siblings: 

• Callidora “Calli” (20) who is married to Harfang “Hal,” Longbottom. She is already pregnant, which kind of puts more pressure on Cedrella to get married and have babies and all that stuff. Calli gets along with both of her sisters, but is often eye rolling at Cedrella’s disdain for rule following. She’s the type that would say something like “If you just did what you were supposed to, it would all be easier for you.” She might in fact, say something along those lines. Obviously she's their Mum’s favorite considering she’s done everything she is supposed to. Face Claim is Sarah Gadon as styled on my Pinterest board.
  • Charis Black (16) is about to start her final year at Hogwarts. She’s too good for this dark, messed up family. Cedrella worries about her a lot. She probably adds to some of Cedrella’s hesitation of leaving the family for Septimus. Face Claim is Hermione Corfield from my Pinterest board.

Extended Family Members:

• Grandma Ursula (85) Because sometimes you need a batty, old matriarch with zippy one liners
  • Aunt Belvina Black (Arcturus’ older sister) & Uncle Herbert Burke. I'm not entirely sure how featured they will be in this yet. Maybe just mentions in interactions with other characters.
    • Cousin Lydorian Black, “Rory,” to Cedrella. He is her age as well and unmarried. He’s into Faustus Weasley. Which is fine by this society’s standards as long as he’s discrete and eventually marries a woman and has babies. He is the twin of Lavinia Malfoy. 
    • Cousin Lavinia Malfoy married Preston Malfoy when Cedrella refused to set a wedding date. Slightly awkward between them, but also not really.
    • There is another son, currently unnamed, but likely only to appear in mentions.

Maybe more family members will pop up, but this is what I'm definitely planning for.  

Featured Weasley’s (this is where you see how little work I've done LOL):

Septimus’ Parents:

• Ufeus Weasley (recently deceased)
  • Odette (nee Fortuner) (60)

Septimus’ Brothers: 

• Magnus (40): Single, lives with their Mum and manages the Weasley finances, is instrumental with activists groups, is the “spokesperson,” for the family during the prologue scene
  • Olivius (38)--nothing decided yet
  • Odus (35)--nothing decided yet 
  • Rufus (33)--nothing decided yet 
  • Augustus (31)--nothing decided yet 
  • Faustus (24)--Nothing really decided yet except potential romantic subplot with Lydorian Black. Closest with Septimus. 

Other Relations:

• Grandma Fortuner (97)--nothing decided yet, except she's the reason why Septimus and Faustus get invited places.  

Cedrella/Septimus:

I know I haven’t said much about Cedrella and Septimus as characters. I’m still working through the finer details of them. Some random, half formed headcanons though:

• Cedrella's birthday is October 24 because it's a special day to me. ^_^  
  • Septimus teaches her how to play chess (they sneak away at a particularly stuffy party to do so).
  • There's 3.5 years age difference between them.
  • Septimus works at a newspaper (still debating whether or not its The Daily Prophet or a made up one), and he's the guy that writes the crossword puzzles. Another reason for all the stuffy Blacks to hate him. 
  • Something about Cedrella and flower pressing/preservation as a hobby. 
  • My face claim for Cedrella is Lily James from Downton Abbey (later seasons). Septimus doesn’t have an official one, so he’s just a faceless ginger dude on my board because I can’t find a one that I like for him.

Thanks for making it this far! I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with! 💖  

Edited by prideofprewett
  • Like 5