News Ticker

DanyFire

DanyFire

Hello! I'm DanyFire aka Meg and I am here very very late to set up my Writer Journal. To be honest, I didn't even know this section existed until recently. My bad. I am now here to share some things about my rather slow writing process, as well as some facts about myself. I am from Florida and hate the weather here. I love to read, write, and watch tv. I have a ton of ideas in my head and not enough time to write them. 

My writing process is a simple but long one. I have to think up an idea and perfect it before I even open Word to write it. I generally perfect my ideas in my head, rather than on paper. I always lose my notebooks so putting them on paper isn't the best idea. I then open Word and write the story. Sometimes I ask someone to look it over but I hate bothering anyone about that. After that, it goes up for everyone to enjoy. It's really that simple.

I have a few sites I write on. Among them are FanFictionNet , FFT , and AO3 (though I haven't written anything on AO3 yet).  I also have a different penname on FF .net. I am trying to perfect my skills as a writer by sharing my stories with all of you. I hope you like them! I know I don't have much on my APs now, but rest assured: More is coming! I will answer any questions you all have for me about my writing. Don't be afraid to ask me anything! :D  :hug: 

I look forward to communicating with you all over our shared love of writing wonderful and captivating stories! ❤️ 

DanyFire aka Meg

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Ok so it's nearly Christmas and I STILL haven't updated my APs yet! *flails* I haven't had much time to write due to a family emergency. This is still ongoing for nearly 2 months now. Rest assured that I am planning to write when I can get some time to myself where I am not falling asleep as I type (which sadly is happening now :sad:). I need to get a clear picture of where I want my stories to go and also find time to work on a new project. The new project is Anne Boleyn related and has gotten me watching The Tudors again (Yes I know that's not writing. :P). I could use some ideas on how to organize my thoughts without using notebooks, seeing as I can't find any of the ones I have (Yes I am scatterbrained and forgetful sometimes :helpsign:). Any and all ideas are welcome! That's all for now. Hopefully I can get more time to actually be here and to write!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pixileanin said:

I'd love to chat with you about spreadsheets!

Spreadsheets?! Please explain. lol I am tired and just got home from being out for a couple of hours. I'd nap but I kinda can't.

I went to work on one of my stories and discovered that I already had part of a chapter written for my rewrite of the story I decided to write for. 126 less words to worry about :twothumbsup: The only problem is I'm not sure if what I planned on putting into this particular chapter will fit into the story properly. Why must writing be so hard?! The only reason I decided to work on this particular story is because I reread what I already have and decided to get the next chapter up. This is what I get for not writing in forever. I get lost in where I want my own story to go. At least the chapter is already named cause my brain can't think of anything creative for that aspect of the story. Tips and encouragement are welcomed while I find a playlist to write to.

Edit: I put on the Harry Potter soundtracks. Nice and peaceful and won't distract me.

Edited by DanyFire
Adding a little information

Well I did writing and editing for the first time in, what, 2 years. It felt really good. I forgot what it was like to write. When your life is crazy hectic, you often forget what it feels like to do things you enjoy. I enjoy writing but haven't really had much time for it. Now that writing is back in my life, I plan to update stories on my AP, as well as writing new ones. I know I often forget my WIPs but that will hopefully change. ^_^ I would love some feedback on the things I should include on my AP, such as fandoms or stories featuring certain characters. I am always open to trying new things. :D I hope that you all enjoy my writing and feel free to tell me how I can improve. :wub: 

• celebrate 1

Hello!

Willow Silver, from The Silver Lining.

First off, I love the name "Willow". It's one of those unassuming names that might bring with it a lot of surprises. I see that she's going to Hogwarts for the first time and trying to avoid her family while she's there. What would you say her biggest internal struggles are going to be during her first year? Is she anticipating any challenges with her classes, or will she be a confident student? 

What do you think she will miss the most about being away from home?

On 12/10/2023 at 8:53 AM, Pixileanin said:

Hello!

Willow Silver, from The Silver Lining.

First off, I love the name "Willow". It's one of those unassuming names that might bring with it a lot of surprises. I see that she's going to Hogwarts for the first time and trying to avoid her family while she's there. What would you say her biggest internal struggles are going to be during her first year? Is she anticipating any challenges with her classes, or will she be a confident student? 

What do you think she will miss the most about being away from home?

Lots of good questions. Let's see if I can answer them well enough. lol I would say her biggest internal struggles during her first year will be where she fits in. She is against her family's views on the status quo and she wants to be free of them. She wants to be on the right side of things, so to speak. As far as her classes go, I think that she, like Hermione, is afraid to fail. She wants to do well and prove herself.

As for your last question, She will love the freedom she has while away from home. The only family member she has to contend with at Hogwarts is her cousin. When she goes home, she's going to wish she was still at Hogwarts because home isn't a place she wants to be.

I hope all this made sense! ^_^ 

Edited by DanyFire
Fix a spelling mistake

• 2 months later...

Hi Meg! I just have to say that I really like the idea for Silver lining. A more current version of Sirius Black as a young girl is a great idea, also putting her alongside the trio. I would think she'd become friends with Ginny since she'd be in the same year, right? Just a thought :)

I completely understand about not being able to write! I've had a block for my original fiction for years... :( It makes me really sad because I know it can be good! On the plus side, it feels amazing when we're able to get past that and write something! What do you think helps get you over a block? I tend to forget that writing fandom helps get the juices flowing for my original fiction. One doesn't tend to happen without the other nowadays. My original fiction is often tied to feelings of grief, especially this time of year, so if I can keep writing with fandom maybe I won't lose the momentum I usually do! I know you've been feeling off with a fever, that can't help. I hope you get better soon and we see more of Silver :)

-Heather

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2024 at 6:25 PM, McFly said:

Hi Meg! I just have to say that I really like the idea for Silver lining. A more current version of Sirius Black as a young girl is a great idea, also putting her alongside the trio. I would think she'd become friends with Ginny since she'd be in the same year, right? Just a thought :)

I completely understand about not being able to write! I've had a block for my original fiction for years... :( It makes me really sad because I know it can be good! On the plus side, it feels amazing when we're able to get past that and write something! What do you think helps get you over a block? I tend to forget that writing fandom helps get the juices flowing for my original fiction. One doesn't tend to happen without the other nowadays. My original fiction is often tied to feelings of grief, especially this time of year, so if I can keep writing with fandom maybe I won't lose the momentum I usually do! I know you've been feeling off with a fever, that can't help. I hope you get better soon and we see more of Silver :)

-Heather

Hi Heather!

No the fever certainly hindered things. Now I have to deal with not having the time to be online, which really sucks. I miss being here and writing! Ginny would be a year ahead of Willow, as Willow is 2 years behind the trio and Draco.

Getting over a block isn't easy for me. It can really kill my muse for writing. I usually take a break until something sparks my muse again. I have been slowly feeling my muse return but I haven't had much computer time lately. I hope to change all that soon. I have so many ideas and little to no time to write them lol I hope this explains things a bit for you!

-Meg

• cathugbunny 1

• 1 month later...

Hello! So I haven't updated this in a while. I have some news. My historical writing project is going well. I am getting help from an award winning writer for it. He is a friend of my father's. Quite exciting! I have been trying to actually write but life keeps getting in the way. I hope to have more story updates for you all soon though. I hope to get to discuss my writing more with you all in the near future. I hope you all are doing well!!

• Like 2

Hi, Meg!  I'm so glad to hear you say that you are getting help and advice from a successful writer.  I'm sure that his continued interest and encouragement gives you the happy, optimistic feelings that can shove your writing process right along!    As for real life getting in the way -- tell me about it!  I have had to try to use strict self-discipline to keep myself from frittering away my time (Oh, I must do several loads of laundry right away!) 

My hearty best wishes for you that this input from your father's friend will make a big difference for you. ❤️

18 minutes ago, Oregonian said:

Hi, Meg!  I'm so glad to hear you say that you are getting help and advice from a successful writer.  I'm sure that his continued interest and encouragement gives you the happy, optimistic feelings that can shove your writing process right along!    As for real life getting in the way -- tell me about it!  I have had to try to use strict self-discipline to keep myself from frittering away my time (Oh, I must do several loads of laundry right away!) 

My hearty best wishes for you that this input from your father's friend will make a big difference for you. ❤️

He has told me to journal for the writing project to get into Anne Boleyn's head so this thing will practically write itself. I even bought notebooks for that purpose. He said not to worry too much about research right now, which is fine by me cause none of my sources are even working. It doesn't help that I have been having to help take care of my stepmom, who has an LVAD. I haven't wanted that to be public yet but I figured it's part of why I have trouble getting writing done so I may as well tell everyone.

• Like 1

Oh. my.  That's a big deal.  I hope she will get better. :hug:And I hope that the advice from your writer friend will turn out to be effective and fruitful!

1 hour ago, Oregonian said:

Oh. my.  That's a big deal.  I hope she will get better. :hug:And I hope that the advice from your writer friend will turn out to be effective and fruitful!

Thanks. I hope so too. I’ll give more details later, when I’m not busy taking care of her. And so far the advice has been helpful! :hug:

• Like 1
  • heart eyes 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Things have been crazy for me IRL lately, between my stepmom's health issues and my grandma falling a lot recently. Despite this, I am getting more computer time and am looking to write some more. I am hoping to have new work posted soon. I hope you all will enjoy it once I have it posted! I am currently plotting a new fic despite having several WIPs going. I may be nuts lol What does everyone think?