News Ticker

Ask a Staffer

WriteYourHeartOut

Apologize for the triple post, @Ineke, but I've gone forward and deleted the whole story because I couldn't get the one chapter to come visible or delete on it's own. Thanks for your time and help!

juls.

• Like 1

Hey lovely validators who I harass on the regular 😂❤️❤️❤️

Needing some help, for some reason my City Of Angels story won't register the coding on it :( can I have some help?

@Lacey Black not really certain on this but the guess would be because you used html! you can edit the chapter and manually italicize the portions of text you want formatted.

@belgian quaffle so I looked and it is fine in the editor 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don’t know what to do exactly here...

Spoiler

D7756275-8C10-4BD0-9E82-56BAA8A7725D.thumb.png.40e740a48018110b919cb0cd4a0b8236.png

Edited by Lacey Black

@Lacey Black is that the way it showed up before in the editor or did it show up with the html tags? if it's not how it showed up before, i would give it a shot and resubmit it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have had some issues lately with formatting and even doing it the button clicking way didn’t help, so I went in and labeled all the different “texts” in my story and now both chapters that were previously validated are back in the queue. 🤦‍♀️

• 3 weeks later...

Questions about violence. Do animals eating (prey/predator relationships) follow the same rules for violence. Will the rating automatically be a T because the prey will die even if it is casually mentioned? Also, is it considered violence if it's part of nature but no death. (ie a wolf biting at something trying to protect its cubs but not killing it.)

Thank you.

Edited by potionspartner

Guest Noelle Zingarella

Hello lovely validators! I also have a question regarding violence and ratings. Say a character is somehow enchanted/mind-controlled, and attacks his or her friends/significant other/family members. Would that affect the domestic violence tag? Are there other tags that would need to be there? What would that do to the rating? Asking for a friend...

Thank you!

On 6/5/2019 at 5:26 PM, Lacey Black said:

I have had some issues lately with formatting and even doing it the button clicking way didn’t help, so I went in and labeled all the different “texts” in my story and now both chapters that were previously validated are back in the queue. 🤦‍♀️

When that happens it's because the chapter is in the queue and not published any more. Once it's validated again it'll be visible. 

On 6/27/2019 at 7:51 AM, potionspartner said:

Questions about violence. Do animals eating (prey/predator relationships) follow the same rules for violence. Will the rating automatically be a T because the prey will die even if it is casually mentioned? Also, is it considered violence if it's part of nature but no death. (ie a wolf biting at something trying to protect its cubs but not killing it.)

Thank you.

That doesn't sound like it'll need a violence advisory. If you were describing it in a way that showed the sentience of animals involved or went into a vivid description then it would. 

2 hours ago, Noelle Zingarella said:

Hello lovely validators! I also have a question regarding violence and ratings. Say a character is somehow enchanted/mind-controlled, and attacks his or her friends/significant other/family members. Would that affect the domestic violence tag? Are there other tags that would need to be there? What would that do to the rating? Asking for a friend...

Thank you!

Are they physically hurting them in a way that anyone could or are they leveraging their familial relationship to hurt them in ways that leverages their relationship? If it's them being forced to whack a friend /family member with a bat just use violence but if it's them being forced to use their friend's fear of snakes to harm / hurt then it'd lean towards domestic abuse. 

• Like 1

Guest pookha

Is there a validator I can PM to look something over to see it it's okay. I don't usually push the boundaries, so I wanted to double check before posting. Warning: smutty.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah! I accidentally erased an entire story instead of a chapter. Is there a way to get it back or should I put the story back through the validation proceed?

• Like 1

@potionspartner Hi Barbara! Unfortunately, there’s no way to recover deleted stories/chapters. You’ll need to re-upload it and go through the validation process again.

• Like 1

Hey there!

Sorry to bother!

So my story Mssr. Padfoot chapter 5 is not visible in the table  of contents but I think it's been validated? I'm unsure? 

Just let me know!

Thanks for all you guys do! 

Xo

• Like 1

How do you add characters, warnings, and inclusivities in the little lists? I tried just clicking on them, but it wouldn't let me select more than one.

• Like 1

@Lost_Robin it's control+click (or command+click on mac) for multiple selections! 

Here's a video tutorial if you'd like a visual reference: 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If I go back to one of my validated stories to make an edit to wonky formatting in the summary (like somehow I ended up with 3 spaces between each line) and/or if I were to update or add any tags - does the story go back into the queue due to those edits?

If so, does the original version of the fic still remain visible until the edited version is accepted?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RonsGirlFriday said:

If I go back to one of my validated stories to make an edit to wonky formatting in the summary (like somehow I ended up with 3 spaces between each line) and/or if I were to update or add any tags - does the story go back into the queue due to those edits?

If so, does the original version of the fic still remain visible until the edited version is accepted?

It does go back in the queue but it wont remajn visible until its accepted. However because of this we aurors give edits priority over the rest!

• Like 2

When I'm posting a story and am working on the actual chapter content, there is a box for "Chapter Notes," then one for story text and one for end notes. Does the content put in Chapter Notes end up appearing like a chapter summary if you're looking at the list of all chapters for that fic? And next question, does that content also end up appearing at the beginning of the actual chapter itself when you read that chapter, similar to an author note?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RonsGirlFriday said:

When I'm posting a story and am working on the actual chapter content, there is a box for "Chapter Notes," then one for story text and one for end notes. Does the content put in Chapter Notes end up appearing like a chapter summary if you're looking at the list of all chapters for that fic? And next question, does that content also end up appearing at the beginning of the actual chapter itself when you read that chapter, similar to an author note?

Yep, exactly!

• Story summary = visible on the author page/browse page
  • Story notes = only visible at the top of the story's table of contents
  • Chapter summary = visible with the relevant chapter on the story's table of contents and at the top of the individual chapter
  • End notes = only visible at the end of the chapter
  • Thanks 1