News Ticker

magemadi

magemadi

4 minutes ago, Pixileanin said:

Go go words!  How many do you have so far??

I wrote 623 last night for LMM chapter 21, so it's now up to ~2500 with an estimated 1000-1500 to go. I plan to knock that out tonight to get ahead for next week and hopefully sit on the chapter for a bit before posting it!

• Like 1

Okay guys here's a little sneak peek at this next chapter of Love Makes Me because I literally have no self-control and actually like something I've written for once! (This is, of course, VERY much unedited) :P 

Context: Harry & McGonagall are meeting about various things that Harry's upset about and wants more information about, and then this lovely dialogue happens. ^_^ 

Spoiler

She sighed and leaned her forearms on the desk in front of her. "I don't mean to discredit your feelings, Mr. Potter. I simply believe that reviving Dumbledore's Army could cause tension as it has both negative and positive associations for many of our students. Perhaps we could devise a group with a more uplifting, caring theme?"

"What do you mean, Professor? Like a support group?" Harry asked. 

"Yes, exactly that, Mr. Potter. With the addition of the War and Peace class, I think many of the students, especially our older students, need to know that everything they are still feeling is perfectly normal. Before the term began, Miss Granger had sent me some materials on how soldiers in the muggle world sometimes come back from war with various mental health issues, and helpful remedies for them. I believe if we implement the same kind of assistance for our students, they will feel more comfortable being back at Hogwarts and safer with the staff and other students around," Professor McGonagall explained. 

This revelation that Hermione had already thought about it before term had resumed sent a wave of emotion through Harry. He nodded his head slowly, mulling over her words, before settling on a solution. 

I really wanted to implement good things for this post-War story, and this was one of the ways I thought of doing that! It's just now finally come to fruition (ish) and will hopefully be appearing in chapter 22 as other things get resolved at the end of this chapter. 

Should have this chapter finished in another couple hundred words to put it at a nice 3500 or so which is my goal!

EDIT: I FINISHED THE CHAPTER I FINISHED THE CHAPTER!!!!! TWC: 3518 words!

Word count to date for NaNo: 1669, or 33% of my 5k goal, or 16.7% of my 10k stretch goal!!

Edited by MadiMalfoy

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been a minute! But here's an update to my list of projects as we're now over halfway through NaNo! :D 

Goal: 5k words --> 10k words if 5k reached early on 10k words

Projects:

Love Makes Me (M): Finished this chapter on day 2, posted on 11/17 to the archives!

Faith, Trust , and Crystal Balls: Haven't written anything for this yet. Will likely start this next if Anti-Protagonist isn't working well.

Anti-Protagonist Challenge Entry: Haven't started yet, still determining the plot arc for this.

Women Supporting Women Challenge Entry: Finished this piece on 11/18!! Total word count of 4459, so a bit longer than planned but hey it's done and submitted to the queue!

OF Novel/World: Haven't done much for this yet -- plan to take a day sometime soon to work through worldbuilding. 

Hello all, it's been a minute! The last thing I really posted about writing here was probably the most recent chapter of FTaCB, but that is so July. ?‍♀️

Project Updates:

POSTED:

Faith, Trust, and Crystal Balls Chapter 3 - We see more of Eddie & Sybill in the shop!

The Forest Cottage - OF one-shot character vignette on Amaryllis, a forest witch with greater ambitions. It got featured for September Fic Night so that was neat!!

All Hallows Eve (T) - Halloween themed one-shot centered around a kneazle that I wrote for @Rumpelstiltskin during the House Cup Opener Interhouse Camaraderie Event (The Prefects Want to Participate Too!) 

Ravenclaw Halloween Drabbles - I wrote 2 of the 10 Halloween themed drabbles written in collaboration with several amazing members of House Ravenclaw for the House Cup Halloween Maze Adventure.

Love Makes Me Chapter 21 (22) (M) - Hermione & Draco work through tough memories; Harry & Professor McGonagall have a chat. This is the first new chapter I've written in nearly 6 months!!! I'm thinking with how much I deviate from my plot plan that this will end up being around 30 or so chapters long in total. 

Snapshots - The experiences of Rose's fifth year at Hogwarts as told through letters between her and her mother, Hermione. Written for the Women Supporting Women Challenge hosted by @esmeraude and I honestly quite enjoyed trying out the epistolary format here! Plus, I haven't written much straight up fluff in a while so it was refreshing to write this. 

CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS:

Anti-Protagonist Challenge entry -- I'm focusing on Lucius Malfoy here and making him look favorable! Hoping to get around 3k words for this by the end of NaNoWriMo. 

Faith, Trust, and Crystal Balls Chapter 4 -- I've got 400 words so far, now it's just a matter of finishing it out. 

Love Makes Me Chapter 22 (23) - No definitive plans for this yet as I want to get other things written & posted first. 

OF Dragon One-shot - Going to write this at some point focusing on Eirraphe, aka Amaryllis's dragon familiar for @StarFeather's Dragon Tale Challenge. 

OF Character Vignettes - hoping to make these ongoing projects as sort of an in-between thing to write as I transition from one project to another. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey guess who finished another piece? This girl! ?

Anti-Protagonist Challenge Entry - Twisted (T) - Lucius Malfoy feature, 3.5k words!

Hopefully going to get to knock out a few hundred more words still tonight with the latest chapter of Faith, Trust, and Crystal Balls so I can "win" NaNo with my 10k goal! :D 

EDIT: I've done it! I've broken 10k and reached my goal!! :yay: 

I've also made significant progress on the next chapter of FTaCB and overall am happy with all of the writing I got done this month, even though it's not 50k words! I'm hoping to keep this momentum going into December and January so I can continue posting more chapters of LMM and finish that novel along with finishing out FTaCB and figuring out more things for my OF world! ^_^ 

Edited by MadiMalfoy
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi! I've just dropped by your AP and there's so much I want to read! I have my eye on Snapshots first, though I know there's going to be loads for me to get stuck into. I'm dropping off a few questions for Christmas before I start reading.

1. What has been your favourite story to write so far?
  2. What is your writing process? Are you a planner or do you wing it?
  3. What is your favourite era to write for?

:)

• Like 1

Hey, Madi! I've got some questions to drop for you.

1. You're starting to write OF now. Do you think you'd ever try for getting published? If so, what kind of story do you think you'd go for?
  2. I've read one or two of your stories that I've reviewed. Of those I haven't, what would you recommend next?
  3. What is your absolute favorite multichapter fic you've read on here? What about for oneshots?
  • Like 1

I hit the wrong link. You already got your questions. Sorry, Madi.

Edited by Shadowkat678
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 5:39 AM, LadyMarauder said:

Hi! I've just dropped by your AP and there's so much I want to read! I have my eye on Snapshots first, though I know there's going to be loads for me to get stuck into. I'm dropping off a few questions for Christmas before I start reading.

1. What has been your favourite story to write so far?
  2. What is your writing process? Are you a planner or do you wing it?
  3. What is your favourite era to write for?

:)

Aw thanks dear that's so kind of you ❤️❤️ 

1. Oooh my favorite so far to write that is from recent memory (a good chunk of my AP from 2017 is actually from years 2012-2016 on HPFF that I reposted over here) is probably actually writing Snapshots! It was so fun to try out a new writing format and style in the epistolary style for the whole piece! I've written letters before into my novel here and there, but I've never made it the only format through which the story is told. Plus it's a new character dynamic for me to write -- Rose & Hermione as mother & daughter. I really love writing Hermione but I haven't made many attempts at a (good) Rose, so that was quite fun to write too. 

2. My writing process swings wildly from planned to pantsed. ? I tend to plan my challenge entries/one-shots more as they're shorter pieces and much easier to plan for. As far as my multichaps/novel goes, I have a rough general outline of what I want the plot arc to do over the course of the story. In my novel I also have a slightly more broken down version of what I'd like to have happen in each chapter. (note: this rarely works out for me because my characters just do what they want I guess). So that's not much of an answer at all but I'd say in general I like to have a moderate plan for what/how I want the story to turn out. ^_^ 

3. My favorite era to write for is probably the Rebuilding Era. I just love exploring that newly freed world with our heroes and foes having to come to terms with it after being under Voldemort's cloud for what, over 3 decades? I think that there's so much potential for these characters to develop based on their experiences now that they are adults. Also, I was quite unmoved by the DH epilogue -- it just didn't sit properly with me, having them just be in nice family units with kids and jobs. It just felt dishonest and not true to their characters really, so I like to disregard the epilogue, hence why I enjoy writing in the Rebuilding Era! :P 

On 1/5/2019 at 9:43 PM, Shadowkat678 said:

Hey, Madi! I've got some questions to drop for you.

1. You're starting to write OF now. Do you think you'd ever try for getting published? If so, what kind of story do you think you'd go for?
  2. I've read one or two of your stories that I've reviewed. Of those I haven't, what would you recommend next?
  3. What is your absolute favorite multichapter fic you've read on here? What about for oneshots?

Thanks Kat ❤️ 

1. I would ABSOLUTELY love to become a published author one day!! It's been a childhood dream of mine to become a published author, actually ? Well the OF I've got posted on the archives is probably the area-ish I'd like to go for. Science fiction-fantasy blend! Now that science fiction is seen as cooler and more mainstream to read thanks to the HUGE success of The Martian by Andy Weir (movie with Matt Damon was pretty good, tbh) I'd like to get in that genre as a female scientist as female writers are far often kept from the room of the genre they write in because they're perceived as "not good enough" even if they've got degrees in what they're writing about. So TL;DR: science fiction/fantasy blend for sure!

2. Well, if you're making me do a shameless self-promo in my own WJ, I'd recommend reading my novel Love Makes Me if you're a slow burn Dramione fan (and I mean slow burn!). Or, I've got a short story featuring Sybill Trelawney making her own way after Hogwarts called Faith, Trust, and Crystal Balls! I've really got a variety written now from over the years so really I hate to choose among my own babies, lol :P 

3. This is a question I honestly don't know if I can answer 100% honestly. I think one of my favorite multichapter stories, hands down, has to be Ignite by @Slide. He just crafts such an amazing story and makes you really love the characters and want them to survive the curse. Also a strong contender for my favorite multichapter is Stand Tall by @Chelts-rhj. Her main character is an OC called Alba who has Cerebral Palsy but doesn't let that get her down as she overcomes obstacles during her years at Hogwarts. As far as one shots go, I have to give a huge S/O to five lives by @just.a.willow.tree because she does an amazing job illustrating the depth of Astoria Greengrass as a character and just her writing in general is phenomenal. 

Thanks so much @LadyMarauder and @Shadowkat678 for the lovely questions! ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all!! So here's a quick update with my writing! :D 

RECENTLY POSTED:

Collab fics - more will be written as the collab continues through May

• The First Born (T) - A teen pregnancy + new beginnings themed one-shot in the The 100 universe 
  • Meant to Be (T) - HP teen pregnancy + new beginnings themed one-shot focusing on Frank & Alice as seventh years at Hogwarts, with a strong Madam Pomfrey feature
  • Toujours Pur, Mother (T) co-authored with @facingthenorthwind - HP teen pregnancy + new beginnings themed one-shot featuring Andromeda Black & Ted Tonks defying her family plus dealing with some personal hardship 

CURRENTLY BEING WRITTEN/TBW

• Love Makes Me Chapter 22 -- I've finally started this after debating where I wanted it to begin at, so this should be done.....sometime soon ? 
  • Faith, Trust, and Crystal Balls Chapter 4 -- I've got a solid start to this chapter, but I'm still toying with where I want it to end for the next chapter still, so stay tuned
  • Challenge Entries - Self control, what's that? I've decided to tentatively enter two challenges, plus one I'm definitely doing
    • Slytherin-Centric Challenge -- I'm going to write a one-shot focusing on Slytherin Adrian Pucey! Probably going to feature a heavy amount of Quidditch which is going to be a new thing for me to write, actually, so I'm looking forward to tackling this
    • Take A Wizard to Work Challenge -- I'm going to write a one-shot about a character studying for their advanced potioneering degree (I'm a PhD chemistry student, so the wizarding analog) and I really want to have fun with this challenge because this is basically like created for me to do, lol
    • Dragon Tale challenge -- This will be another OF character vignette in the same universe as my first, this time featuring Amaryllis's familiar, Eirraphe the dragon. It should be fun, and I look forward to the world-building it will help me do!

I've also just created a thread+ over in the Writing Exercises sub-subform, where I'm hopefully going to be doing one of the prompts every so often to keep myself sharp and expand my skills bit by bit! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey folks! After much deliberation (read: 10 minutes) I've decided to set myself up with some goals for Camp NaNo this April, which will be my first time participating in April, so I'm very excited! :D I've also created a project on the official CampNaNoWriMo website, so if you've got a cabin, I'd love to join! :) I may also increase my goal if I reach it early enough, so be on the lookout for that to change ;) 

Please feel free to stop by with questions, comments, suggestions, etc. as I'll be posting progress updates and even maybe snippets as well as the month goes on! ^_^ Without further ado, here are my goals/projects for this month! 

Word Count Goal: 10,000 words

Projects:

1. The Millennials Ruin Everything Challenge Entry - Harry/Hermione are "ruining" the "culture" at the Ministry of Magic by implementing such things as mental health vacation/sick days, mandatory diversity and sexual harassment trainings, among other things. I've got a bit of a start to this already, so hopefully I can pull it off!

Word Count Goal: <3500 words

2. Love Makes Me chapter 22 - Hermione must continue her retrieval of Draco, and Harry does some teaching + Terry Boot moves into his new position. Hoping to get all that done in this chapter. Yep. ? I'm already 1000 words into this chapter, so aiming for another ~3000 to finish it off for a total of around 4000 words

Word Count Goal: 3000 words

3. The Dragon Tale Challenge Entry - Character Vignette #2 in my as-yet-untitled sci-fi/fantasy OF universe featuring.....Eirraphe!! Amaryllis's dragon familiar! This is due in the beginning of May, so I'm wanting to knock this out in a brief amount of time. 

Word Count Goal: 2500 words

4. The Dramione Challenge Entry - Obviously going to be a Draco/Hermione one-shot, but I'm not sure yet what exactly I want to write about for them, so if I could get something down for this, that'd be fine with me to start it. 

Word Count Goal: 1000 words

And that is all from me! Are my goals attainable? Well I sure hope so! ? Check back in for updates and also snippets from me throughout the month. Happy writing to all! ^_^ 

• Like 5

Hey Madi! I'm here to drop off some questions and encouragement for NANO! I'm stoked to see that you'll be joining in on the shenanigans.

1. What is it that you love so much about Draco/Hermione? What is your headcanon for how they ended up together?

2. I love your concept for the Millenials Ruin Everything. Will Hermione and Harry ruin their financial futures with avocado toast and over priced coffee? 

3. Which of your four projects are you most excited about writing? Which do you think will be the most difficult? Why?

Good luck & happy writing! 

Edited by TreacleTart
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 2:46 AM, TreacleTart said:

Hey Madi! I'm here to drop off some questions and encouragement for NANO! I'm stoked to see that you'll be joining in on the shenanigans.

1. What is it that you love so much about Draco/Hermione? What is your headcanon for how they ended up together?

2. I love your concept for the Millenials Ruin Everything. Will Hermione and Harry ruin their financial futures with avocado toast and over priced coffee? 

3. Which of your four projects are you most excited about writing? Which do you think will be the most difficult? Why?

Good luck & happy writing! 

Thanks Kaitlin! ❤️ We shall see how this April CampNaNo goes.....hopefully I'm successful!  :) 

1. I think I love Draco/Hermione as a pairing so much because it was one of the first non-canon-compliant fics I read when I first started out reading fanfic way back in 2011. So in a sense, it's my first love, but also I just love the idea of these two together in general. They're noted as being the top two students of their year, every year, besides their sixth when Draco is otherwise occupied. The fact the top two students are a Slytherin and a Gryffindor, not even a Ravenclaw, is intriguing to say the least! I'd say my headcanon is that they definitely don't get together until many years after the War -- both of them have an immense amount of healing to go through, plus Draco has to redeem himself not in the public eye, but also his own personal mindset. I'd like to think they get together rather by chance -- perhaps a coincidental meeting at the Ministry of Magic, or a seating arrangement of them together at some event forces conversation between the two, and they realize how the other has changed, and the rest is history! In any case, there definitely has to be lots of time for Hermione to heal and move past the ideology Draco once held and believed in when they were teenagers. 

2. Ugh, of course they will, Kaitlin! :P S/O to @facingthenorthwind I think for that one! I knew I wanted to write a Harry/Hermione piece for it, but couldn't figure out a good premise. They'll definitely be getting slack about it in the Daily Prophet, that's for sure! 

3. Ooh that's a toughie! It'll probably be my entry for the Millennials Ruin Everything Challenge that I'll have the most fun with -- it's probably going to be mostly serious, but with a touch of spoof to it, so I'm really looking forward to diving into that! The most difficult one will probably be my character vignette for Eirraphe -- first of all, he's a dragon, so there's that; second of all, I want to try and emulate the format I wrote The Forest Cottage in, so that'll be a unique challenge, I think! 

Thanks for the lovely questions, and sorry for the huge ramble in the first one, oops! ? 

• Like 1

Heyo your girl has been off to a great start for her first two days of NaNo! :yay: 

I'm now ~700 words into my Millennials Ruin Everything entry and have one set of dialogue & one Daily Prophet article done. So that probably deserves an update as to how I'm laying it out: 

A selection of in-person dialogue between Harry, Hermione, and probably other random characters; Daily Prophet articles; Internal Ministry Memos; letters between Harry & Hermione (maybe)!

It's going to be super fun to finish this thing out and I hope to be done with it within about a week! ?

It's update time! :D 

Recently Posted:

Collab Fic

• One Down, Rest of the World to Go (M) - HP careers + back from the brink themed one-shot featuring Healer!Draco doing all he can to prevent the spread of a contagious disease while also trying to save patient zero's life and his own. Written in collaboration ;) with the astonishingly superb @Pixileanin!

Challenge Entries

• A Letter is Like Immortality (T) - HP one-shot featuring Slytherin Adrian Pucey mostly during his seventh year trying to lead Slytherin to win the Quidditch Cup without letting a trivial love letter get in his way. Written for both the Slytherin-Centric & Wrong Owl! Challenges! ^_^ S/O to @Finefrenzy__ and @starbuck/@juls for hosting these fun challenges! 
  • Lionfish Spines and Dusty Bottles (A) - HP one-shot featuring Terry Boot during a typical day at his potioneering apprenticeship. Written for the Take a Wizard to Work Day Challenge hosted by @you-make-me-wander! :) 

Currently Being Written:

• Check out my Camp NaNo Novel Nest thread to see what I'm working on this next month! Primarily a few challenge entries (again, why do i do this to myself??) and the same chapter of LMM that I've been writing for the past few months ?
    • LMM Chapter 22
    • Eirraphe vignette for Dragon Tale Challenge
    • Dramione one-shot for Dramione Challenge
    • Harry/Hermione take on MoM culture for Millennials Ruin Everything Challenge
  • Like 1

Welcome to another update with Madi! :P 

End of Day 6: 2668 words and 2 days ahead into Millennials Ruin Everything piece, nowhere near finished....I may have severely miscalculated the length this would turn out to be....stay tuned to see what happens! Here's a fun little excerpt from one of the Daily Prophet articles I've written so far for this story: 

Shaking Things Up at the Ministry of Magic

Will the old order give way to the new order?

By: Lisa Turpin

The latest word on the street is that the newly ordained Minister of Magic Hermione Granger is shaking things up already at the Ministry of Magic. There is chatter that she is attempting to change policies regarding sick leave and new hire trainings. A source who spoke with me on the condition of anonymity said that Minister Granger was championing for “mental health” personal days in addition to the usual holiday policies in place by the Ministry, among other modifications and additions to the sick leave policies.

This has gone over remarkably well with her younger compatriots, most notably Head Auror Harry Potter, whom she was rumoured to be romantically linked with during her campaign but was never confirmed. However, the resistance comes largely from those who have been working at the Ministry for decades and would like to keep things the way they are regarding sick leave and holiday policy. Many of them did vote for Minister Granger in the election, but were likely unaware of her tenacity when it comes to getting her priority tasks accomplished.

Next week plan is to finish this sucker and then punch out something to start off my Dramione challenge entry so I have more time to work through that! 

Also, please ask me questions so that way I'm not feeling like I'm shouting into the void with these posts :P 

If you'd like a faster update of my progress feel free to follow my Twitter thread+ (M bc I swear on Twitter, oops) and ask me things there too!

Edited by MadiMalfoy

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Lookit you with all those challenge entry goals -- get it, Madi! Nice color-coding, by the way. I'm jealous. 

1. Your entry plans for the Millenials Ruin Everything Challenge looks like good fun. What do you anticipate will be (or what was) the most difficult part of changing the rules and regulations at the MoM for Harry and Hermione?
  2. Any progress in what you're planning for the Dramione Challenge
  3. On 3/25/2019 at 12:46 AM, MadiMalfoy said:

Character Vignette #2 in my as-yet-untitled sci-fi/fantasy OF universe featuring.....Eirraphe!! Amaryllis's dragon familiar! This is due in the beginning of May, so I'm wanting to knock this out in a brief amount of time. 

BRO Sci-Fi/Fantasy OF with familiars. #TellMeMore #TellMeMore! Using Vignette's is a fantastic way to work out some of the characterization/plot points for something -- what do you hope to accomplish with this one? (alskdjflaskjdflksjdflkjdjfdlskj dragon familiar!)

4. Do you prefer rat racing, writing with a friend, or writing solo? Why?

\O/ Good luck, Madi! ❤️❤️ 

On 4/9/2019 at 11:06 AM, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Lookit you with all those challenge entry goals -- get it, Madi! Nice color-coding, by the way. I'm jealous. 

1. Your entry plans for the Millenials Ruin Everything Challenge looks like good fun. What do you anticipate will be (or what was) the most difficult part of changing the rules and regulations at the MoM for Harry and Hermione?
  2. Any progress in what you're planning for the Dramione Challenge
  3. BRO Sci-Fi/Fantasy OF with familiars. #TellMeMore #TellMeMore! Using Vignette's is a fantastic way to work out some of the characterization/plot points for something -- what do you hope to accomplish with this one? (alskdjflaskjdflksjdflkjdjfdlskj dragon familiar!)

4. Do you prefer rat racing, writing with a friend, or writing solo? Why?

\O/ Good luck, Madi! ❤️❤️ 

Rumpels ❤️ Thank you for the questions 💕

1. So for these two to change the culture at the MoM, there's a lot they have to deal with. First of all, there is significant pushback from the "establishment" people at the Ministry -- those who have made their career out of working for the Ministry. They like how things are culture-wise at the Ministry and don't see why it has to change. Also, there's pushback on several things regarding some of the policies she wants to implement like diversity/inclusion trainings, mental health days and other things like that, much like some of the policies being implemented in workplaces today. Some of it is more procedural/bureaucratic red tape such as needing it to pass the Wizengamot or go through the Ministry Authorities office, etc. So, yeah! Lots of challenges but Hermione is obviously brilliant and Harry has done some things on his own for the Auror department so it's great! ^_^ 

2. Ummmm not as of now. I'm still trying to decide on what route I want to go with it. Whether or not I want it to be an established relationship or show their relationship developing, etc. But I also have a slight plunny for Anastasia-esque plot (the musical, not the movie, it's a bit different) so we'll just have to wait and see. :P 

3. RIGHT??? Sci-Fi/Fantasy OF with familiars is something I have wanted for YEARS. I loved the Golden Compass series and obviously love fantasy (Tamora Pierce, etc) and sci-fi (Andy Weir, Neal Shusterman, etc) so the fact there isn't something combining all of my favorite things yet is just ridiculous. So it means I'm writing it :P I really enjoyed writing the vignette for Amaryllis last August, and I hope to have the same feeling with this one for Eirraphe. For Eirraphe, I want to give some general dragon backstory, aka how they came to be in this world and their role in the larger economical and societal areas. Then, I think I might do a bit of his personal family history -- grandparent dragons, parents, maybe some aunts and uncles, who knows. I want dragons to be very familial in my universe because in so many other fantasy realms they're relegated to be lonely, scary beasts. But not in mine! Obviously they can become familiars and also are rather more peaceful creatures too. So for Eirraphe himself, I hope to accomplish the first few years of his life with his parents and then his discovery in the woods by Amaryllis and a few of their adventures together while she's younger. :) (wow I should definitely put all this info into my document, I totally hadn't really thought about it until now....)

4. I prefer rat racing, both solo and with friends! Rat racing just makes me focus more and doing those with friends is great because then I have a challenge of trying to beat my friends in writing more words (in a friendly competition way of course). Writing solo though is also sometimes nice because I can just jam out to my music and write at my own pace or figure out a tough scene without the added pressure of writing on a time limit or with people. 

Sorry I rambled so long on most of those questions 😅

HI I'M HERE WITH A MAJOR UPDATE:

I HAVE FINISHED MY ENTRY FOR THE MILLENNIALS RUIN EVERYTHING CHALLENGE!!! :D :yay:

Final word count: 5861

let me repeat that. 

FINAL WORD COUNT: 5861

This fic just got ridiculously out of hand because I decided to sprinkle in a bit of romance (read: it's not ~really~ romance but there's a kiss so shh) so this kind of.....doubled. 😬

Many thanks to @crestwood, @Bunbury, @BookDinosaur, and @Lacey Black for letting me shout at them and ask their opinions on literally everything for this fic ❤️ 

tumblr_pkjbvrfibJ1r4xlppo10_r1_250.gif.13bd2c085229ef3a15ab737beeb82c6d.gif

(Y'all know why I chose this gif)

Anyway. Here's my new plan of attack for the rest of the month: 

Word count goal: 10k, with optional upping to 12k as I'm currently 5 days ahead according to my spreadsheet. 

Projects:

1. The Dramione Challenge Entry - This is due May 1, so this takes top priority now that I'm done with my Millennials challenge entry. 

Word Count Goal: 2500 words

2. Love Makes Me Chapter 22 - Hermione must continue her retrieval of Draco, and Harry does some teaching + Terry Boot moves into his new position. Hoping to get all that done in this chapter. Yep.  I'm already 1000 words into this chapter, so aiming for another ~3000 to finish it off for a total of around 4000 words

Word Count Goal: 3000 words

3. The Dragon Tale Challenge Entry - Character Vignette #2 in my as-yet-untitled sci-fi/fantasy OF universe featuring.....Eirraphe!! Amaryllis's dragon familiar! This is due in the end of May, so I'm wanting to knock this out in a brief amount of time as it should be pretty short. 

Word Count Goal: 2500 words

Edited by MadiMalfoy
  • Like 4

Quick update! 

Current word count: 7448 words

Dramione challenge entry word count so far: 1577 words

Starkid references in said fic so far: 15

Chill I have: Zero

Okay bye :ninjavanish: 

Current total word count: 8479 words

Dramione challenge entry word count so far: 2608 words

Starkid references in said fic so far: 21

Chill I have: still zero

Anywho, have now made plans to write a multichap TGWDLM fic after Camp is done (@FireCrest looking at you) so there is obviously no sanity left in my body! 

Hoping to finish this Dramione fic out either tomorrow or Wednesday night and get it in the queue ASAP! ^_^ 

• Like 1

And another update! :D 

Current total word count: 9845 words

Dramione challenge entry total word count: 3974 words

Total Starkid references in said fic: 28

Chill I have: absolutely none

TameChillyClownanemonefish-size_restricted.gif.58d1abaabfb619daa55b92efc723fe51.gif

But anyway, this means my second task for Camp is completed! :yay: It got put into the queue last night, with absolutely zero edits, so we'll see how it goes 🙈 Here's an update based on my original list of things: 

Word count goal: 10k, upping to 12k as I've got a week to go and am basically already at 10k!

Projects:

1. The Dragon Tale Challenge Entry - Character Vignette #2 in my as-yet-untitled sci-fi/fantasy OF universe featuring.....Eirraphe!! Amaryllis's dragon familiar! This is due in the end of May, so I'm wanting to knock this out in a brief amount of time as it should be pretty short. 

Word Count Goal: 2500 words

2. Love Makes Me Chapter 22 - Hermione must continue her retrieval of Draco, and Harry does some teaching + Terry Boot moves into his new position. Hoping to get all that done in this chapter. Yep.  I'm already 1000 words into this chapter, so aiming for another ~3000 to finish it off for a total of around 4000 words

Word Count Goal: 3000 words

So that's where I'm at! I'm really happy with my success thus far this Camp NaNo, and I hope to keep chugging along this last week of writing!

Well instead of writing either of those two things on my list, I started a fic for The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals, which is a musical that Starkid put on back in October 2018 in LA (I totally could have seen it live, I just didn't know my way around the area yet, ugh past me why didn't you just go) and has some absolute BOPS of songs and an ending that, while FANTASTIC, I wanted to change. :P Hence, fan fic. 

So that's what I've been writing these past couple of days, and the first chapter is up on AO3 now! It's called Happy is Inevitable (M) and, as can be insinuated by the title, theoretically going to be a happy ending for everyone. We shall see! ;) 

Word count as of this morning: 11,649 words.