News Ticker

magemadi

magemadi

ope well it's been a minute, and I honestly haven't had very much time to write in the last week or so, so I am woefully behind (my daily needed word count is just under 2k at the moment if I hope to hit 25k overall).

BUT, I do have a new chapter up of my Holden/Naomi fluff challenge! this one is for the stargazing prompt+ and I think it's very cute :)

I also have about 2k of Fjord/Jester fluff/smut that I got inspiration for on my flight home for a wedding last weekend, so that should get finished up soon and be posted on AO3!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, magemadi said:

I also have about 2k of Fjord/Jester fluff/smut that I got inspiration for on my flight home for a wedding last weekend, so that should get finished up soon and be posted on AO3!!

Hello. I have a lot of questions. I also have a Jester picspam for you 🙌

image.thumb.png.de4f014e18b1cfe3c6db3b8204bc199d.png

Okay questions:

1. Give me some context for this Fjord/Jester story. Where in the campaign are we? What's happened recently? Is it AU? 

2. WHAT THE FUCK KARA?!?!  No, really. What is going on with this planet?!?! I have so many questions that I know you can't answer for this story so what I'll really ask is this. What's your favorite part of the world building you did for this story? There's so much going on, the ship, the AI, the government, the plants, is there anything you particularly enjoyed bringing to life?

3. Which act have you most enjoyed writing for Planetary Boundaries?

4. Fluff question (I'm allowing myself one cause I'm curious and nosey): Which prompt have you/are you most excited to write for your ship? Is there a prompt you're dreading? 

• Like 1

oops I got another prompt finished for the fluff challenge -- this one is the slow dancing prompt+ and it is sugary sweet!

I also finished the Fjorester fluff/smut piece, which you can find on AO3 here+ if you're into critical role fic (looking at you @RogueSlytherinCadet) 👀

Edited by magemadi
  • Eyes 1

On 4/23/2022 at 7:03 PM, RogueSlytherinCadet said:

Hello. I have a lot of questions. I also have a Jester picspam for you 🙌

Okay questions:

1. Give me some context for this Fjord/Jester story. Where in the campaign are we? What's happened recently? Is it AU? 

2. WHAT THE FUCK KARA?!?!  No, really. What is going on with this planet?!?! I have so many questions that I know you can't answer for this story so what I'll really ask is this. What's your favorite part of the world building you did for this story? There's so much going on, the ship, the AI, the government, the plants, is there anything you particularly enjoyed bringing to life?

3. Which act have you most enjoyed writing for Planetary Boundaries?

4. Fluff question (I'm allowing myself one cause I'm curious and nosey): Which prompt have you/are you most excited to write for your ship? Is there a prompt you're dreading? 

Jacqueeeee 💖 That picspam is SO CUTE! I don't know where the heck you found such a cute picture of a weasel but it's so perfect for Sprinkle 🐹

1. This is post-canon, baby!! sometime after Fjord's taken the Balleater as his ship again, with Jester along for the ride! It's probably a year or two into the post-campaign timeline, but it's loosey-goosey :P

2. Hahahahahahahahaha YOU'LL NEVER KNOW!

JK, no this was a really fun thing to do worldbuilding for! I think what was most fun for me with the worldbuilding for this story was deciding how ship communications worked, and particularly two things; inter-ship/station comms, and how the ship AI, Lilac could interact with people on the ship and also possibly outside (e.g. port connections, etc). Also, plant name were particularly fun because I wanted to come up with something that seemed otherworldly, for those things that would have originated off-Earth, while still retaining some regular facet to them so their purpose could be somewhat easily recognizable.

3. I think Act 1 was honestly my favorite to write. Movie scripts are typically laid out with a 3 act format, and Act 1 really let me dig into Nathaniel and Terra as characters, even as it set up the major conflict with Paul, Kara, and their ship.

4. The prompt I think I am most dreading is probably fireworks? Primarily because they're, uh, *checks notes* in space 95% of the time? 😂 LOL but I am also looking forward to writing the "touching foreheads" prompt bc there's some good fodder for that from the show (which is also where the 2nd one I completed came from, thanks airlock sexytimes in season 2 for giving me an easy in for the "up against the wall kiss" prompt!)

Thank you for the lovely picspam and for the questions!! ^_^

• elmo fire 1

• 1 year later...

Well hello it has been quite a long time since I've posted in here, but I'm finally done with my PhD which means my academic writing is OVER and I can get back to creative writing!!!

First on my docket to get back into the swing of things is to finish my James Holden/Naomi Nagata flash fiction series+ that I originally started for @RogueSlytherin's challenge ages ago as I've currently only got 10 chapters up of that and would like to get to all 30!

Next on my list is to get Fairies and Forests+ properly planned out with a full beat sheet and character bios, all that good stuff so I can really dig into that and make a full first draft that I 1) complete and 2) actually like and want to continue revising in the future.

After that I'd love to similarly keep working on and revising Planetary Boundaries+ as the third act is qutie clunky right now and I don't feel like the end message is strong enough based on all of the set-up I currently have in acts 1 and 2.

I've also got some other fan fiction plans too -- I've been obsessed with the game Stray Gods: A Roleplaying Musical and want to write some post-game canon fic about Grace/Apollo because I just love them so much.

• elmo fire 1